Lowell/Northeastern Hockey East Championship (3/19) – Rowdy vs. Paws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell/Northeastern Hockey East Championship (3/19) – Rowdy vs. Paws

Lowell plays their "third" game in two days while Northeastern plays their second game today. Both teams will undoubtedly be a little more tired than usual. Lowell goes for their third title in four years while Northeastern heads to the title game for the first time since 1988.

Looking forward to an exciting and entertaining game tonight.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Re: Lowell/Northeastern Hockey East Championship (3/19) – Rowdy vs. Paws

hooboy... this will be "interesting"
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Lowell, as the highest remaining seed, will be the "home" team and get last change.

Need sleep and then back to the pre-game at Harp mid-afternoon. What a weekend!
      Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

you guys will be another formidable opponent.. I'm walking out & can't believe be here later today.. again.. :-)

I am tired & psyched at the same time.. our goalie looked bit shaky,. hopefully gets that out of the way.. other than that.. looking forward to a great gm against solid team. Go Huskies! .. just another game.. :-)
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I think Lowell is going to need to survive the first half of the first period or so, just so they can get their legs under them. If the refs call the game like the BC/NU game, Lowell is going to have to move their feet. They're going to be tired, but clutching and grabbing is going to put NU on a lot of power plays.

Also, if I'm Fred C Church, next year, I'm going to sponsor the other team's penalty kill instead of the Lowell power play. I wouldn't want my company associated with hot garbage like that.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            ... our goalie looked bit shaky,.
            You would be too. BC came at you in waves and for "segments" it was like a shooting gallery out there (I realize that you "outshot" them on the stat sheet, but it was more consistent and spread out - a few times in the third BC was getting multiple chances which makes it really tough for a goalie). Fortunately, they were sporadic and unable to consistently maintain that level of play throughout the entire game. You will find that Lowell does not have the offensive firepower that BC does (91 - 58 goals scored IN THE LEAGUE in the regular season)
            Last edited by chickod; 03-19-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              You would be too. BC came at you in waves and for "segments" it was like a shooting gallery out there (I realize that you "outshot" them on the stat sheet, but it was more consistent and spread out - a few times in the third BC was getting multiple chances which makes it really tough for a goalie). Fortunately, they were sporadic and unable to consistently maintain that level of play throughout the entire game. You will find that Lowell does not have the offensive firepower that BC does (91 - 58 goals scored IN THE LEAGUE in the regular season)
              And if you watched the third OT of Lowell PC you would have seen better defense after 100 minutes of hockey than BC or NU showed at any point in the second game.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

This is going to be interesting. If not for 3 OTs I would say lowell had the upper hand.

Can NU get through UML's stifling defense? Will Ruck be solid tonight? Can NU get through Boyle like they did demko? And will lowell be able to skate with NU after last night?

NU 3-2

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  I think Lowell is going to need to survive the first half of the first period or so, just so they can get their legs under them. If the refs call the game like the BC/NU game, Lowell is going to have to move their feet. They're going to be tired, but clutching and grabbing is going to put NU on a lot of power plays.
                  I stayed for the second game and NU looked fast and hungry. Hopefully the Hawks have something left in the tank.

Comment

I reserved section 107 tonight. Sections are going for $79.99 each

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      I reserved section 107 tonight. Sections are going for $79.99 each
                      awesome
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        awesome
                        Come on down tonight, Jasmine is very accessible.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Im not superstitious,just a huge fan of the kind of 1988 "Reds" sweaters they have worn the last two wins,That would be a "dream" sweater to own one.Nevertheless I hope they wear tonight!

As a Husky fan,Im still in shock of the whole state of affairs,having a run like this is one thing,but having it after having an abysmal first half makes it all the more amazing!

Lastly,Im eating my words,re: Coach Madigan,and I publicly apologize for having no faith in his abilities,He's shown himself to "bleed Husky" and regardless of what happens tonight he deserves congratulations,IMO

Comment

NU beat BC so that gets them a plus... and they are playing Lowell so the enemy of my enemy is my friend. GO HUSKIES!!!
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              NU beat BC so that gets them a plus... and they are playing Lowell so the enemy of my enemy is my friend. GO HUSKIES!!!
                              Hey everyone look, JCarter didn't come back to the board to root for uvm, he came back to root against Lowell
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X