Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Or hire Mark johnson. He did beat the russians. And what hockey kid hasn't seen miracle. Other than him though big missed opportunity if go with Granat/Osiecki/whoever not a current DI coach

Comment

There is a wisconsin guy coaching in the Big Ten...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        This is what made his post funny.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Not sure if men's hockey will follow the same timetable as women's basketball, but serious candidates are being named/leaked and Kelsey was fired two weeks before Eaves. So I'm guessing men's hockey applicant names will start filtering out within 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            Alright. Missed that one. I haven't paid attention to hockey for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              Did he ever actually finish school? They're not hiring anybody without a degree.
              Good point, although the posting says a candidate will need to obtain one within 12 months. It's too bad there isn't... I don't know.... some sort of degree granting institution somewhere that could possibly help out Mr. Chelios...

As I recall he was pretty far along toward a Major in Clap Bombs with an emphasis on Winning ****ing Championships while in school.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                Did he ever actually finish school? They're not hiring anybody without a degree.
                I know a source where he can get a really good fake degree. Fake or not, a degree is a degree.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The "knock your socks off" coach is going to be Scotty Bowman.

You heard it hear first. I heard he really wants to add a B1G regular season championship to his collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                    The "knock your socks off" coach is going to be Scotty Bowman.

You heard it hear first. I heard he really wants to add a B1G regular season championship to his collection.
                    Yeah good call. He's only in his 80s, has a few good years left!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Maybe Gurts Melrose theory has juice...
                      Did I bring up Melrose?

I do like him though...

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      Juice meaning whatever he was drinking at the state hockey tournament when he was absolutely plowed?
                      I had a couple cocktails at the tourney, but a flask could never be enough to get me "plowed."

We're professionals over here.

Comment

A sourcey source (who is in the a. d.) last night said that he's heard Oz's name mentioned more than anyone else.

"Mentioned" as in, that's the guy.

At least that's how I took it although I didn't press.

Comment

Not too surprising. The most logical conclusions are Oz or Granato, right?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by drewski192 View Post
                            If Granato is so good why hasn't he been hired for a Division I job already? I don't see the need to settle for a "wisconsin" guy. There are no "wisconsin" guys that are currently Division I men coaches right now. Anyone think that's weird? The hockey program doesn't need a nice little fluffy love dove story by hiring the Wisconsin guy. Hire a **** division I coach whose had success at worse programs. Seems pretty straight forward to me.
                            Though Granato hasn't coached D-1 hockey he has been successful at pretty much every level there is. NHL assistant coach, ECHL Champion as a head coach,, AHL Head Coach of the Year, NHL scout, USHL Champion as a head coach, USA NTDP Coach for the last 4-5 years and a D-1 National Champion as a player on the 1990 Badger team.. He has a knowing of every top recruit in the country by being with USA Hockey as well as his coaching past in the USHL..And his name carries immediate respect.. I think he would be a great hire by Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              Not too surprising. The most logical conclusions are Oz or Granato, right?
                              I'm not saying it's a sure thing nor did he.

Just passing on what I (he) heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                I'm not saying it's a sure thing nor did he.

Just passing on what I (he) heard.
                                All the same, we had to figure his name would come up just as much as we knew Chryst was going to go after the football gig last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X