Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    His actual quote:

Post of the year. No doubt about it.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Donny Trump?
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Genius.

Here's a visual aid for my favorite line:

Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Brian Posick said this morning that he met with Barry Friday afternoon. Brian thinks it will be a former Badger. Alvarez said he has a plan and the plan "will knock your socks off."
          Who is a former Badger that would be in "knock your socks off" teritory, though? Or was Posick's thought not directly related to Alvarez' comment?
          Last edited by XYZ; 03-21-2016, 08:51 PM.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
            Who is a former Badger that would be in "knock your socks off" teritory, though? Or was Posick's thought not directly related to Alvarez' comment?
            Just exactly what I thought. Posick said one right after the other and it struck me as a little incongruous too, but that's how he said it. I suppose the Granato Brothers might approach that. (look for Ty Eigner from BG to be the third in that case.)

I don't know? Chris Chelios? He coached on the World Junior team. How about Tony, Chris, and Mike Richter? Richter could double as Dean of Environmental Studies for UW...

The plot just thickens with that comment, because I think it would be Donny or Mark.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I was just thinking about it and Chelios would be a huge deal. No idea if he can coach at all, but there aren't many bigger names in hockey. My socks would be knocked off.

Or it's an easy commute for Joel Quenneville.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Maybe Gurts Melrose theory has juice...
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Juice meaning whatever he was drinking at the state hockey tournament when he was absolutely plowed?

Comment

• Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                    What if part of what would "knock your socks off" is the selection/search/recruiting for a new coaching staff itself, i.e. the team that is supposedly working on the search, and how many interested coaches are responding?

I know that was a clunky sentence, but I'm not convinced that that quote means they have their guy(s) lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      What if part of what would "knock your socks off" is the selection/search/recruiting for a new coaching staff itself, i.e. the team that is supposedly working on the search, and how many interested coaches are responding?

I know that was a clunky sentence, but I'm not convinced that that quote means they have their guy(s) lined up.
                      Don't spoil our dreams. It's going to be huge.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I mean Huuuuge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXRaboSo70A
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Don't spoil our dreams. It's going to be huge.
                          It could also mean they have made big progress and already have a pool of impressive candidates, and they'll choose the best one to knock your socks off.

Or they're already working on a Mike Babcock Dairy deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            I was just thinking about it and Chelios would be a huge deal. No idea if he can coach at all, but there aren't many bigger names in hockey. My socks would be knocked off.
                            Did he ever actually finish school? They're not hiring anybody without a degree.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              Did he ever actually finish school? They're not hiring anybody without a degree.
                              I don't think he did. I saw his book in a bookstore, and I flipped to the part where he talks about playing at Wisconsin. I think I remember a line about how one of his few regrets is that he never finished his degree.

Comment

If Granato is so good why hasn't he been hired for a Division I job already? I don't see the need to settle for a "wisconsin" guy. There are no "wisconsin" guys that are currently Division I men coaches right now. Anyone think that's weird? The hockey program doesn't need a nice little fluffy love dove story by hiring the Wisconsin guy. Hire a **** division I coach whose had success at worse programs. Seems pretty straight forward to me.
                                Last edited by drewski192; 03-21-2016, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X