Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Anything's possible, but FWIW he does seem to have a lot of titles (as in job titles) at Penticton. Theoretically, that means he has more to give up there (including, presumably, some autonomy), even if this job would still be a "promotion" for him.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      "To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. CDT, March 25, 2016. However, applications will be accepted until the position has been filled."
      This just gives the UW maximum latitude. After the 25th they have the legal right to move whenever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
        This just gives the UW maximum latitude. After the 25th they have the legal right to move whenever they want.
        I hate things that contradict like that. At any rate, this hire could be done 3/26 or any day after, which I like. No need to rush into it, which is what I had feared.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I hate things that contradict like that.
          I hear you. Lawyers are strange.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Okay, so who all have we bandied about here as a candidate?

George Gwozdecky (HC, Valor Christian High School... no, not kidding)
            Mark Johnson (HC, UW Women's Team)
            Don Granato (HC, USNTDP U-17 Team)
            Tony Granato (AC, Detroit Red Wings)
            Mark Osiecki (AC, Rockford Icehogs)
            Tim Coughlin (HC, St. Norbert)
            Luke Strand (AC, UW Men's Team)
            Steve Rohlik (HC, Ohio State)
            Mike Hastings (HC, Minnesota State)
            Rand Pecknold (HC, Quinnipiac)
            Rick Bennett (HC, Union)
            Nate Leaman (HC, Providence)

Who am I missing?
            Bar-ry Mel-rose *clap clap clapclapclap*
            Edit: ...and the ghost of Bob Johnson.
            Last edited by WiscDC; 03-21-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post
              Once upon a time, Rico Blasi's name was pretty popular around this board. I admit I haven't really paid any attention to Miami (and I doubt he's being considered), but is he just not as good as some believed?
              I think probably a combo of his star has dimmed somewhat and not an overly realistic candidate for other reasons. He just ended his 2nd disappointing out of the last 3 seasons and since he went back to back frozen fours he is mostly (other then one regional final loss) one and done or fails to make the tourney. Add in the fact that he signed a 10 year deal in 2013 (no idea if it has rolling add on years) and is reputed to have a compensation package in the 550K range (300K base plus bonuses and other perks), it would seem financially a stretch to steal him away. Throw in Miami is his alma mater and they have made commitments financially to facilities at Miami (new rink in 06/07 and a pretty regular flow of other improvements since) and all the pieces end up to not making much sense.

Not sure an expensive guy with his heart elsewhere that has 2 Frozen Four appearance in 17 years of head coaching on his resume that otherwise has managed to win 3 singular first round games in the NCAA tourney is much of an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                Bar-ry Mel-rose *clap clap clapclapclap*
                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 03-21-2016, 01:47 PM.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

I don't think this one is likely, but I have heard it brought up at a local rink: Chris Brooks.

Comment

Brian Posick said this morning that he met with Barry Friday afternoon. Brian thinks it will be a former Badger. Alvarez said he has a plan and the plan "will knock your socks off."
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Alvarez said he has a plan and the plan "will knock your socks off."
                      His actual quote:

Originally posted by Barry Alvarez
                      I tell you what, I'm gonna make Wisconsin Hockey great again. And I'm a smart guy. A real smart guy. I've been around, I know good words. I know all the words. And I'm gonna put in the right coach and you're going to love him. He's gonna knock your socks off and be a winner. Not a loser like that @$#! in Minnesota. That place is just full of haters and losers, like those miserable idiots on the USCHO forums. None of them have a clue what they're doing. Not aktick, not that fat guy ExileOnDaytonstreet, TimA... nobody. Not even Wisko McBadgerton, who's a good friend of mine.

But that Brick Hoser kid, we can't let that happen again. I mean, do we even know what's going on with our border these days? You got kids going here, kids going there, and they're not staying here. They're letting other guys come in and take our roster spots. So we're going to just build a wall around the state, and Minnesota and North Dakota are going to pay for it and not take our kids anymore. And if they don't like that, then that walls going to be... *takes off shoes and socks* ... like this many higher. But really, we need to stop letting coaches from other states into Wisconsin until we can figure out just what. in. the. heck. is. going. on!

And you know you can trust me. I've hired so many coaches. I've hired all the coaches, and I've never made a bad choice. You know what you're going to get from my coaches. I tell it like it is, I tell it like I see it, and we're the real state of hockey over here, you know? We're gonna be great again, and this new coach is gonna be yyyyuuuuuge. Fantastic. Real great guy. He'll be great. Fantastic. YYYYYUUUUUUGE. He will knock your socks off. Because we just don't win anymore, you know? We need to win again, we're going to win again, we're going to make Wisconsin great again.

Oh, and to answer your question, waiter, we'll have two king cut prime ribs, tails on, with a pint of tears. *turns to wife* What do you want, honey?

Comment

Brian Posick said this morning that he met with Barry Friday afternoon. Brian thinks it will be a former Badger. Alvarez said he has a plan and the plan "will knock your socks off."

Ron Dayne

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          His actual quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Alvarez
                          I tell you what, I'm gonna make Wisconsin Hockey great again. And I'm a smart guy. A real smart guy. I've been around, I know good words. I know all the words. And I'm gonna put in the right coach and you're going to love him. He's gonna knock your socks off and be a winner. Not a loser like that @$#! in Minnesota. That place is just full of haters and losers, like those miserable idiots on the USCHO forums. None of them have a clue what they're doing. Not aktick, not that fat guy ExileOnDaytonstreet, TimA... nobody. Not even Wisko McBadgerton, who's a good friend of mine.

But that Brick Hoser kid, we can't let that happen again. I mean, do we even know what's going on with our border these days? You got kids going here, kids going there, and they're not staying here. They're letting other guys come in and take our roster spots. So we're going to just build a wall around the state, and Minnesota and North Dakota are going to pay for it and not take our kids anymore. And if they don't like that, then that walls going to be... *takes off shoes and socks* ... like this many higher. But really, we need to stop letting coaches from other states into Wisconsin until we can figure out just what. in. the. heck. is. going. on!

And you know you can trust me. I've hired so many coaches. I've hired all the coaches, and I've never made a bad choice. You know what you're going to get from my coaches. I tell it like it is, I tell it like I see it, and we're the real state of hockey over here, you know? We're gonna be great again, and this new coach is gonna be yyyyuuuuuge. Fantastic. Real great guy. He'll be great. Fantastic. YYYYYUUUUUUGE. He will knock your socks off. Because we just don't win anymore, you know? We need to win again, we're going to win again, we're going to make Wisconsin great again.

Oh, and to answer your question, waiter, we'll have two king cut prime ribs, tails on, with a pint of tears. *turns to wife* What do you want, honey?
                          HOF post EODS
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Alvarez said he has a plan and the plan "will knock your socks off."
                            The most obvious choice, a man with the word "Red" in his name. When you can score like that, who gives a blank about D.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The most obvious choice, a man with the word "Red" in his name. When you can score like that, who gives a blank about D.
                              Berenson?

I must be missing something or it's sarcasm.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                His actual quote:

HOF post EODS😀
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X