Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

I've been watching almost every post season NHL game; Gosh boys do I love this sport.

Is it October yet? In all my years (short of fall Manitoba or Ontario fishing), I can't remember a time when I wish summer would hurry by. I hope Bucky's Locker Room refreshes their Badger Hockey bumper sticker selection!

Badger Hockey: MCR's gotta get a life.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Andy Baggot tweeted to me UW plans on retaining Jeff Sanger as the goalie coach. So there you have it.
      Surprised they didn't hire Martin Brodeur, with the way they are putting this staff together.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Surprised they didn't hire Martin Brodeur, with the way they are putting this staff together.
        Let's keep it in the family and go with Mike Richter or Cujo.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I see that the football team has a night game vs Ohio state the same day as hockey plays BC at home. I wonder if they will adjust hockey time to a day game...

Comment

Badgers hired a new head of hockey operations, Noah Segall.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/5...perations.aspx
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
              I see that the football team has a night game vs Ohio state the same day as hockey plays BC at home. I wonder if they will adjust hockey time to a day game...
              I was wondering the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Let's keep it in the family and go with Mike Richter or Cujo.
                In all seriousness, I think we need a top notch goalie coach. We should have dumped Sanger too and brought back Howie!

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Bisquit View Post
                  In all seriousness, I think we need a top notch goalie coach. We should have dumped Sanger too and brought back Howie!
                  Howie who is 71 years old? While I'm all for embracing the program's rich tradition and having the best of the best (coaches, facilities, fans, recruits, beer garden, etc.), I'll leave it to the coaching staff (who all know Howie) who have been in coaching circles at pretty high levels to decide what is best for coaching goalies at UW.

Comment

Ageism? Howie is the Yoda of all goalie coaches!

Comment

I trust TG has the right guy in Sanger. I am the hugest Howie fan on the board, but at 71 his ship may have sailed. I'd love to see him back to doing color on the radio. He was the best.

Comment

Howie is from Grand Forks, you know. Ever occur to you guys he was a well-placed mole?

Comment

Howie is from Grand Forks, you know. Ever occur to you guys he was a well-placed mole?
                          Wow. This explains 1982. Kleisinger shuts out New Hampshire in the semi then gives up 5 to Sue in the final? Not to mention the best goalie in NCAA tournament history, 2x MVP Marc Berhend is on the bench. C'mon man...

I know it was you, Howie.

You broke my heart...

You broke my heart!
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Wow. This explains 1982. Kleisinger shuts out New Hampshire in the semi then gives up 5 to Sue in the final? Not to mention the best goalie in NCAA tournament history, 2x MVP Marc Berhend is on the bench. C'mon man...

I know it was you, Howie.

You broke my heart...

You broke my heart!
                            They still chuckle in Grand Forks backrooms about how Howie mislead Badger players on how to beat Karl Goehring. Of course, he couldn't account for David Hukalo being such a slow learner.

Comment

Howie is from Grand Forks, you know.
                              For being from Grand Spoons, he sure did not have anything nice to say about Gino Gasparini. Ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice Bisquit View Post
                                Maybe all college goalie coaches. For all goalie coaches, it's Mitch Korn or this guy: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...s-here/357579/

Comment

Working...
                                X