Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Shocker that the new Buck's arena will have the capability to host hockey games (Why then toss the Admirals to the wayside????) They should be in prime position to get some ncaa post season games, they better bid on the next go around. I'd love to see UW play a game or a series there.
    My wet dream is to have the D-I FF at the nBradley and the D-III FF at the UWMP arena down the road on the same weekend. Everyone gets drunk and has a good time.

Or a similar arrangement between the B7G and the WCHA/NCHC.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Wondering who will be the goalie coach?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Getting reports that the new staff has already started the culling process to clear the logjam at forward.

Comment

Like cutting kids?

Do you get to not take a year off/lose eligibility if you get cut vs leaving on your own accord?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Like cutting kids?

Do you get to not take a year off/lose eligibility if you get cut vs leaving on your own accord?
            I believe the official term is "chose to not renew a player's scholarship" after having a discussion of a players realistic future opportunities and obligations.

Provided the player is academically eligible, He can play immediately if they go D3, otherwise they have to sit out a year to transfer to another D1 program.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
              I believe the official term is "chose to not renew a player's scholarship" after having a discussion of a players realistic future opportunities and obligations.

Provided the player is academically eligible, He can play immediately if they go D3, otherwise they have to sit out a year to transfer to another D1 program.
              Wow...I didn't think it would happen this quickly.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Pretty sure there was going to be some attrition even without a coaching change. Probably would have been sorted a little earlier without one I guess. They certainly want to give any kid they're not inviting back every opportunity to catch on somewhere else if they want, so the sooner the better for everyone.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post

I have no problem with the staff doing that, if they so choose but the NCAA needs to change the "sit out " rule for the players. Total BS, no logic what so ever

Comment

Where we are at with the number of forwards rostered and incoming is beyond ridiculous. Having reasonable numbers to have a competitive practice environment and insulate against injuries is one thing, but having essentially enough forwards to field 2 teams is an abomination.
                    Last edited by markwojo; 04-28-2016, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                      I have no problem with the staff doing that, if they so choose but the NCAA needs to change the "sit out " rule for the players. Total BS, no logic what so ever
                      I agree, at least when it comes to players that are "cut".

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                        Where we are at with the number of forwards rostered and incoming is beyond ridiculous. Having reasonable numbers to have a competitive practice environment and insulate against injuries is one thing, but having essentially enough forwards to field 2 teams is an abomination.
                        You would have to think that the large majority of players that they would choose not to renew would be (current) Freshmen (next years sophomores) and Shuchuck. Having 9 players in that year, in that position, would allow them some better flexibility going forward.

Also, that would give those kids a much greater chance of getting set up with another program for the remainder of their college careers. Still hate the fact that they would have to sit out a year as a result of this though. Not their fault that they came to a school that changed coaches.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                          They don't have to sit out if they go to a D3 team. That's where most of them would land if they decide to leave UW and keep playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
                            They don't have to sit out if they go to a D3 team. That's where most of them would land if they decide to leave UW and keep playing.
                            I realize that. None of them will go D3.

Comment

Andy Baggot tweeted to me UW plans on retaining Jeff Sanger as the goalie coach. So there you have it.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                                I realize that. None of them will go D3.
                                And I don't see any of them catching on at any of the other D1 programs, even if they didn't have to sit out for a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X