Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    ***...The women win the wcha regular season title, the playoff title, make the FF and nothing? ARD a Patty Katz finalist, sets all sorts of records....Oy2.
    If Leckrone had editorial control of the video highlights, that doesn't surprise me at all. He has shown ZERO interest in the women's program since its inception back in 1999. When the band is there for games, it is in spite of him, not because of him.
    Last edited by Badger Booster; 04-22-2016, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Article of Osiecki leaving the Blackhawks. More knowledge and experience for him to bring to the Badgers.

https://theathletic.com/2016/04/21/m...ssed-by-hawks/

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
        If Leckrone had editorial control of the video highlights, that doesn't surprise me at all. He has shown ZERO interest in the women's program since its inception back in 1999. When the band is there for games, it is in spite of him, not because of him.
        Very frustrating, but in spite of him, they did come to a lot of games this year, which was awesome. I hope all the season ticket holders talked up the band in the survey. That old coot has to be close to retirement by now, eh?

As a Wings fan, I am bummed TG's season is done, but obviously my first love is UW hockey, so I am pumped he's back to Mad City full time forevah!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Very frustrating, but in spite of him, they did come to a lot of games this year, which was awesome. I hope all the season ticket holders talked up the band in the survey. That old coot has to be close to retirement by now, eh?

As a Wings fan, I am bummed TG's season is done, but obviously my first love is UW hockey, so I am pumped he's back to Mad City full time forevah!
          Share the same sentiment. Bittersweet. Miss Scotty Bowman in the organization in any capacity. He is money in the bank. May be time for a new aggressive GM. Stevie Y would be welcomed back!

Now Blues need a shutout by Elliott.

Comment

Rockford lost tonight..eliminated. Nice to have Oz in the mix now.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
              Rockford lost tonight..eliminated. Nice to have Oz in the mix now.
              The two best possible outcomes for us were that Oz and TG either won cups or were eliminated right away.

I'm choosing to read having both achieve one of those best outcomes as indicator that perhaps our luck is changing for the better.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Hey I finally saw the UW hockey commercial. From a guy who uses his smart phone to about 25% of it's capability I think it was pretty good. The only thing I'd change are the creepy red ears, unless that's another clever marketing ploy that I have fallen for. Love my Ronco rotisserie cooker..."set it and forget it"!

Wisconsin Hockey: Red ears = season ticket purchase.

Comment

Hey I finally saw the UW hockey commercial. From a guy who uses his smart phone to about 25% of it's capability I think it was pretty good. The only thing I'd change are the creepy red ears, unless that's another clever marketing ploy that I have fallen for. Love my Ronco rotisserie cooker..."set it and forget it"!

Wisconsin Hockey: Red ears = season ticket purchase.
                  I have not seen this thing at all....is there a way for someone to post it here?

Comment

• Originally posted by BuB View Post
                    I have not seen this thing at all....is there a way for someone to post it here?
                    I am on mobile...but I think this is it: https://youtu.be/_eRa8PVzBgk

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
                      Originally posted by Innova View Post
                      I am on mobile...but I think this is it: https://youtu.be/_eRa8PVzBgk
                      I think this is it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eRa8PVzBgk Innova your link didn't work. I haven't seen it watching NHL yet, but honestly, I haven't had much time to watch TV this spring.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        I think this is it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eRa8PVzBgk Innova your link didn't work. I haven't seen it watching NHL yet, but honestly, I haven't had much time to watch TV this spring.
                        Thanks for the post, I liked the commercial.

Comment

From The Folks in MINNY.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Two of Minnesota’s men’s college hockey teams will soon be playing conference games in the desert.

But it won’t be the Gophers.

Arizona State, which played its inaugural season of Division I men’s hockey this past season and is in the process of choosing a conference, is getting closer to that decision. Two sources told WCCO that the Big Ten is no longer in the running to add the Sun Devils, and that the choice is now between the Western Collegiate Hockey Association or the National Collegiate Hockey Conference.

A decision from Arizona State is expected within the next two months, a source said, with the Sun Devils officially joining a conference in either 2017-18 or 2018-19 – most likely the latter.

The WCHA currently has 10 teams, including two from Minnesota – Bemidji State and Minnesota State-Mankato. The NCHC currently has eight, and likewise has two Minnesota teams: Minnesota-Duluth and St. Cloud State.

Representatives from Arizona State met with representatives from the conferences earlier this month at the Frozen Four, sources said.

The Big Ten welcomed its first affiliate conference member for men’s hockey earlier this month, when it announced that Notre Dame would join the conference for hockey only, starting in 2017-18. It comes on the heels of Johns Hopkins joining the conference as an affiliate member in men’s lacrosse last season, and the Johns Hopkins women’s team set to join the conference as an affiliate member this fall.

The Big Ten, which for more than a hundred years did not have any affiliate members, thought it would be prudent to see how those three new affiliate memberships go before adding any more of them, a source said, and for now at least, is content with seven men’s hockey teams.

Comment

Shocker that the new Buck's arena will have the capability to host hockey games (Why then toss the Admirals to the wayside????) They should be in prime position to get some ncaa post season games, they better bid on the next go around. I'd love to see UW play a game or a series there.

Comment

Shocker that the new Buck's arena will have the capability to host hockey games (Why then toss the Admirals to the wayside????) They should be in prime position to get some ncaa post season games, they better bid on the next go around. I'd love to see UW play a game or a series there.
                              Maybe they could recreate the Badger Hockey Showdown they used to play at the Bradley Center when it was new. Those were some great tourneys.

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
                                Maybe they could recreate the Badger Hockey Showdown they used to play at the Bradley Center when it was new. Those were some great tourneys.
                                I'm all for that. They have enough n/c games now to make that work. Invite 3 top end teams and make it a showcase.

Comment

Working...
                                X