Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    I guess this is where the UW Marketing Department might disagree with you.
    And UW Sports Marketing has always been in touch with what the customers want, right? Trust me, they wouldn't be the first company to misunderstand or lose touch with what they are selling.

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    This whole media blitz has been about the coaches.

Being all about the coaches was needed at first.

Once you're done with the press release though, you need to market/advertise around what you are actually selling.

I'm the target they are going after and I'm annoyed by the spot that is running. I'm not inspired by the spot even though I'm thrilled of who the coaches are and I am familiar with them.

Pump me the **** up. Get me excited. Don't put me to sleep.

The Old Friend spot is fine in and of itself other than the coaches' delivery and the music - both easy fixes. The problem is running it 3 times during every NHL game. I'm starting to associate boredom with UW hockey - not what UW Sports Marketing is going for I'd like to think.
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 04-21-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      On a mostly unrelated note, I saw a Deadspin article highlighting how great the Sharks' PP was in game 4 against the Kings. It's really making me want to watch that Tom Gilbert PP goal from the '06 title game, but I can't for the life of me come up with it searching on youtube. Anyone know where to find it online?
      Here's a quick take of it. https://youtu.be/DnI3kv9SaT0?t=6m
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I agree the commercial is less exciting by the third time I saw it, but I do still think it was good to see a commercial with the new staff and season ticket info at the end. Nicer if they were rotating a few different ones? Yeah. But I'm glad there's some effort to reach out to people and show the new coaches.

For what it's worth, I'd think I'd be part of their target audience demographically. Of course we're already season ticket holders planning to renew, but UW grads in Madison in their 30s who are officially grown ups with real jobs who will potentially give you money for many years if you keep them buying tickets seem like they should be a chunk of who you're trying to reach. Not a marketing person, though!

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
          I agree the commercial is less exciting by the third time I saw it, but I do still think it was good to see a commercial with the new staff and season ticket info at the end. Nicer if they were rotating a few different ones? Yeah. But I'm glad there's some effort to reach out to people and show the new coaches.

For what it's worth, I'd think I'd be part of their target audience demographically. Of course we're already season ticket holders planning to renew, but UW grads in Madison in their 30s who are officially grown ups with real jobs who will potentially give you money for many years if you keep them buying tickets seem like they should be a chunk of who you're trying to reach. Not a marketing person, though!

I was guessing at the demo, but 35-65 would likely capture plenty of 25-35s too.

Critiques are the lifeblood of good design and advertising.

One can REALLY like that the effort is being made and still find things that could be done better.

A certain someone around here seems to think that any criticism of the powers that be is a personal affront.

Comment

Originally posted by gurtholfin View Post
            a certain someone around here seems to think that any criticism of the powers that be is a personal affront.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              On a mostly unrelated note, I saw a Deadspin article highlighting how great the Sharks' PP was in game 4 against the Kings. It's really making me want to watch that Tom Gilbert PP goal from the '06 title game, but I can't for the life of me come up with it searching on youtube. Anyone know where to find it online?
              I have it saved on my old Tivo DVR (in HD!)

Really need to get that recording off of there before it dies.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                I have it saved on my old Tivo DVR (in HD!)

Really need to get that recording off of there before it dies.
                Yes. That. Do that.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Yes. That. Do that.
                  I have DVDs of many of the 2005-06 games, including all the NCAA games.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post

I have a feeling you could make a lot of friends with those.

Comment

Do you have the complete 3OT game? I have a copy of it, but am missing a few minutes of the first OT of that one.

Don't have the Bemidji State game though.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        Do you have the complete 3OT game? I have a copy of it, but am missing a few minutes of the first OT of that one.

Don't have the Bemidji State game though.
                        I've never actually watched the recording of the Cornell game.

Comment

How frequently can you hear "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and "Lights" during the 3rd period?
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

As a side note, somebody posted a quip Lekrone used Thurs or Fri night at the UW band concert regarding OG2 being an Italian law firm; he used it Sat as well. One thing that REALLY stood out; right before intermission the band plays "Badger" songs to sports highlights. Not one hockey video.�� Oy.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Well, Tony Granato can start as UW coach tomorrow. TB wins the series over the Wings.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                One thing that REALLY stood out; right before intermission the band plays "Badger" songs to sports highlights. Not one hockey video.�� Oy.
                                ***...The women win the wcha regular season title, the playoff title, make the FF and nothing? ARD a Patty Katz finalist, sets all sorts of records....Oy2.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X