Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

It's The "Hello Old Friends" Commercial that's at the UW Site as well.

Just noticed Goalie Brian Elliott with the Motion Red W and a Badger on the back of his helmet during today's Hawks/Blues Game.
    I don't watch a lot of Blues games (Something about Backes and OTT )
    Has he always worn this helmet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post

Just noticed Goalie Brian Elliott with the Motion Red W and a Badger on the back of his helmet during today's Hawks/Blues Game.
      I think he has had the motion W on his helmet since graduating UW.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post

That helmet is a Curtis Joseph, aka CuJo, throw back. He wore it on a night when Joseph was honored in STL. However, ALL of Brian's helmets sport the motion W. He has had good luck with it, so he continues to wear it! ("It" being the CuJo replica.)
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 04-17-2016, 08:05 PM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Brian Eliott with a career high playoff 44 saves. A career high playoff saves w/ ST Louis Blues in the playoffs......... and vs the dirty BlackHawks.....lol Gurt....

Comment

Els is, and always has been, the man.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Elliott and Pavelski both playing well in the quest for Lord Stanley's cup...

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
              Brian Eliott with a career high playoff 44 saves. A career high playoff saves w/ ST Louis Blues in the playoffs......... and vs the dirty BlackHawks.....lol Gurt....
              Are you an old-school North Stars fan? I grew up about five minutes away from the Met Center, my dad used to take us to games and I cried the day they imploded the building. The old Blackhawks hatred is still there, maybe not as fiery as it used to be though. I follow the Wild, but they don't really engender the same kind of passion for me.
              Last edited by badger79; 04-17-2016, 10:13 PM.

Comment

It's bull****, of course, but I was a kid in Richfield at the time, and I like to say that I felt the rumble when they tore the old Met Center down.

BTW, Craig Smith with a nice game against the Ducks in Anaheim tonight as well.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by badger79 View Post
                  Elliott and Pavelski both playing well in the quest for Lord Stanley's cup...

Are you an old-school North Stars fan? I grew up about five minutes away from the Met Center, my dad used to take us to games and I cried the day they imploded the building. The old Blackhawks hatred is still there, maybe not as fiery as it used to be though. I follow the Wild, but they don't really engender the same kind of passion for me.
                  I am a Wings fan. Enjoyed the old days when the Wings dominated the Hawks. Respect the Hawks. No coincidence with the Hawks success and Scotty Bowman joining their organization. Since Scotty left the Wings, they have not been relevant.

Comment

Troy Ward quit his job as GM/Coach of the Caps. Hopefully Strand gets his old job back. That Ward fellow holds down jobs like a jumping bean. He has proven MM correct in justifying his firing him due to lack of commitment back in 2005.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Troy Ward quit his job as GM/Coach of the Caps. Hopefully Strand gets his old job back. That Ward fellow holds down jobs like a jumping bean. He has proven MM correct in justifying his firing him due to lack of commitment back in 2005.
                      That'd be pretty great for Stand (if he wants it).

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        It's bull****, of course, but I was a kid in Richfield at the time, and I like to say that I felt the rumble when they tore the old Met Center down.
                        Bloomington. East, not West. Jefferson sucks (I still remember booing loudly at my TV screen the night Joe Bianchi scored a hat trick in the state title game). I was 15 when the building came down.

Comment

In the coach watch, Oz's Rockford Ice Hogs open up tonight vs. Lake Erie in a best of 5 series with game 5 slated for next Thursday. Rockford is 4-2 on the season vs. the Monsters but did lose the last two on the road in late March.

Detroit, of course, trails Tampa 3-1 with a possible elimination game 5 scheduled for Thursday night in Tampa. Possible that the Badgers could have their head coach on the job by the weekend.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Detroit, of course, trails Tampa 3-1 with a possible elimination game 5 scheduled for Thursday night in Tampa. Possible that the Badgers could have their head coach on the job by the weekend.
                            I might say "likely", the way that series is going.

Comment

• Shouldn't we have seen an announcement by now of the spring signees? Maybe they're waiting for the whole coaching staff to be on campus?

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                                Shouldn't we have seen an announcement by now of the spring signees? Maybe they're waiting for the whole coaching staff to be on campus?
                                They just announced Trent Frederic via the website and Twitter. Haven't seen anything about the others as of yet.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X