Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I was shocked there wasn't a bigger "OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" on this site. So is he a 2 or 3 year and done guy? Hopefully Master Luke returns, otherwise it's maybe just a wash? What's the comparo between Frederick and Kunin?

The Wings are one of my fav NHL teams, so I am hoping TG gets to coach them for awhile. The team is in very capable hands with DG. I hope Oz's AHL lads get swept, I want those intense eyes peering into some young fellows making them sell their hockey souls to WI.
    Sounds like Rockford won last night thanks to Tyler Motte.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I was shocked there wasn't a bigger "OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" on this site. So is he a 2 or 3 year and done guy? Hopefully Master Luke returns, otherwise it's maybe just a wash? What's the comparo between Frederick and Kunin?

The Wings are one of my fav NHL teams, so I am hoping TG gets to coach them for awhile. The team is in very capable hands with DG. I hope Oz's AHL lads get swept, I want those intense eyes peering into some young fellows making them sell their hockey souls to WI.
      I'll wait until I see the kid on the ice before I get too carried away.

Look at what happened last year with Opilka. We've had others on campus attending classes only to get pulled away.

It is great that he signed, but that doesn't mean much to the teams that can pay him $$$. I'll take a small amount of pleasure in knowing that if he goes NCAA at all that it will be at UW. But when I see him hit the ice in the season opening exhibition game, then I'll let the emotions out.

Comment

He's the first litmus test to see how things change under OGG.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we won't have an Opilka/Dougherty/Dvorak situation on our hands, but really want to see it play out. By all accounts, Frederick and Kunin being on campus together next year will be HUGE.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          He's the first litmus test to see how things change under OGG.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we won't have an Opilka/Dougherty/Dvorak/Boesser situation on our hands, but really want to see it play out. By all accounts, Frederick and Kunin being on campus together next year will be HUGE.
          You forgot someone...

Comment

Wooo good recruits! I had backed off paying much attention to potential recruits, especially since the decommits were just sad. It still made me sad when Boeser did good things at the frozen four.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
              You forgot someone...
              I was thinking more along the lines of guys who never went to (or left, in Dougherty's case) school to go CHL, but yeah that's also something we don't want to see happening.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Badger hockey is running an ad in a local slot during the NHL playoff game and I loved it! Anyone else see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Hopefully Master Luke returns, otherwise it's maybe just a wash? What's the comparo between Frederick and Kunin?
                  Not sure you realize just how good Kunin is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    Agreed, Kunin offensively carried the Badgers down the stretch this year with a lot of great goals. Trent Frederic is a great addition and should put up solid numbers as a frosh, seems to be a solid center with a big shot. Watching Frederic tonight playing vs Russia, he had a great looking backhand saucer pass assist for their 2nd goal. Should be interesting to see who they pair Frederic up with next year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
                      Badger hockey is running an ad in a local slot during the NHL playoff game and I loved it! Anyone else see it?
                      What was in it? The TV ads I've seen in the past have been for a specific upcoming series (though I suppose the content before the end of those spots could apply to any game) and, of course, during the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                        What was in it? The TV ads I've seen in the past have been for a specific upcoming series (though I suppose the content before the end of those spots could apply to any game) and, of course, during the season.
                        Most of it focused on the new coaching staff, and then there was season ticket request info at the end. The exvitement of the new staff and their obvious commitment to get people excited about Badger hockey again was really nice to see, and I love the timing of advertising season tickets in a local slot for NHL playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          I agree. I don't think I saw enough games to get a great feel for him. One thing I have noticed over the years is it's a lot easier for a player to jump out at you in person than on tv. Every women's game I went to (all but 1) Clark, Nurse and Pankowski would have multiple WOW moments where you can clearly understand their talent is way above average. I'm not sure Kunin had a lot of those from what I saw, but he sure knows how to get open for a great scoring chance.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            He stuck out quite a bit. I am looking forward to watching him next year and seeing his break out year statistical. Who ever drafts him is getting a future top 6 forward.
                            Last edited by bucky15; 04-15-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

For those of you constantly longing for the GOOD OLE DAYS.
                              Went to Badger Band show last night.
                              Leckrone mentioned how the 1st year he was here.
                              The Band played at 4.....yes 4 Hockey Games!

He also said Granato,Granato and Oseicki sounded like a Italian Law Firm!

Comment

Anyone ever listen to the USCHO Live podcasts? I listened to one from the F4 weekend, but otherwise haven't. Seems like there might have been some talk about UW/GGO at some point in recent weeks, but each one of those things is well over an hour long.

Comment

Working...
                                X