Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    The team that drafts you has your rights for 4 years. If they haven't signed you by then you're free to sign with anybody you want. Just like you and I are. So you are correct that if Luke leaves early he wouldn't be a UFA.

Edit: Just to clarify that, in Kunin's case his rights will be retained by the drafting team until Aug. 15th, the summer after his senior year.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Comment

If anything, the team that drafts him will be able to have a sort of insurance policy on their pick knowing that (short of an injury redshirt or some Amanda Kessel situation) there's no way for him to finish his collegiate career in a way that might have them risk losing him to free agency.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        If anything, the team that drafts him will be able to have a sort of insurance policy on their pick knowing that (short of an injury redshirt or some Amanda Kessel situation) there's no way for him to finish his collegiate career in a way that might have them risk losing him to free agency.
        Should be noted the proposed nhl expansion rules would allow only those players signed or drafted year before to be protected in expansion draft.
        Could cause lots of signings earlier than normal when they go through expansion.

Comment

The NHL would be stupid to expand right now.

Not that that has stopped them before...

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Just so we're on the same page, my "4 years" statement isn't accurate, it's just usually true. If Luke plays out his 3 years of remaining eligibility at Wisconsin after being drafted this summer, he will be in the same situation as as most seniors, like Vesey. Sign, or wait until August 15th and become a UFA.

The so called "loophole" comes in if for example a player is drafted, then goes and plays a year of juniors, then enters college the next year. The drafting team still retains his rights until he graduates, but if the player leaves school after his junior year (the year his high school class would graduate from college) he can wait 30 days and become a UFA.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• DU announced their whole schedule and UW plays there on Saturday November 26th (Thanksgiving weekend). Presumably going to CC on Friday the 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                DU announced their whole schedule and UW plays there on Saturday November 26th (Thanksgiving weekend). Presumably going to CC on Friday the 25th.
                I was hoping to make the trip out to Denver for the game, but unfortunately that's the same weekend as the Axe Game.

Comment

Here are the bits and pieces that we know of the schedule so far:

Sat Oct 1 - vs Victoria (Ex)
                  Fri Oct 7 - vs NMU in Green Bay
                  Sat Oct 8 - vs NMU in Green Bay
                  Fri Oct 14 - vs BC
                  Sat Oct 15 - vs BC
                  Fri Nov 25 - at CC
                  Sat Nov 26 - at Denver
                  Sat Jan 28 - vs tOSU at Madison Square Garden

I was told that the MSG game does not impact our home scheduling (we didn't give up the home game). So I would expect that there will be some sort of interesting scheduling for the other tOSU away game.

The (soon to be) Mrs and I will probably make the trip back to Green Bay for the NMU series. We did it 2 years ago and had a lot of fun. Did a few of the local breweries, did the Packer HOF tour (while it was temporarily hosted at the local museum), dinner at the restaurant inside of Lambeau one night. Hotels were kind of expensive since it was a Packers home weekend, but what can you do about that?
                  It is a fun little trip, I hope that we continue that scheduling arrangement. Although, having attended NMU for 5 years, I would love a chance to get back up to Marquette.

Comment

Trent Frederic has signed his NLI.

Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 04-13-2016, 04:36 PM.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Also noticed from the schedule thread that we host Omaha on December 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

whew

Comment

Frederick is probably one of the top 15 players entering college hockey next year.

There should be more Huzzah'ing in here:

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Frederick is probably one of the top 15 players entering college hockey next year.

There should be more Huzzah'ing in here:

I join you in the excitement of Frederic signing. He's going to be a big piece of the puzzle this upcoming year. I watched him over the weekend playing against Denmark; he was centering the 3rd line. He's a big kid that has a big shot and not scared to mix things up near the net. I am hoping to hear the Tarek Baker has signed his LOI...

Comment

I was happy to see our new head coach get one game closer to starting to work exclusively for the Badgers last night (Still a ways off though.) Also, he was wearing a nice red tie.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Frederick is probably one of the top 15 players entering college hockey next year. There should be more Huzzah'ing in here:
                                I was shocked there wasn't a bigger "OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" on this site. So is he a 2 or 3 year and done guy? Hopefully Master Luke returns, otherwise it's maybe just a wash? What's the comparo between Frederick and Kunin?

The Wings are one of my fav NHL teams, so I am hoping TG gets to coach them for awhile. The team is in very capable hands with DG. I hope Oz's AHL lads get swept, I want those intense eyes peering into some young fellows making them sell their hockey souls to WI.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X