Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

UW's first 2 games next year are in GB playing the green and gold. The next 2 are BC at home. That will be interesting.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      UW's first 2 games next year are in GB playing the green and gold. The next 2 are BC at home. That will be interesting.
      What schedule details do we know for sure?
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        What schedule details do we know for sure?
        Those plus and exhibition vs Victoria on 10/1. All three of those were stated by Posick in the Badger Hockey Digest video from 4/1

Comment

So is the exhibition technically the home opener?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

So is the exhibition technically the home opener?
            Yes, technically that is correct.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I concur. Technically speaking, it will be at the Kohl Center which is technically "home" and it will be the first of the season, or rather, technically, it will "open" the season. So I think that in light of the aforementioned technicalities, we can safely make the technical leap and conclude that the answer is yes. Technically.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

BTW: Andy Johnson would **** a brick if he saw what we did to the thread numbering with this one. Not a complaint. An observation.

Comment

BTW: Andy Johnson would **** a brick if he saw what we did to the thread numbering with this one. Not a complaint. An observation.
                  New coach, new numbering.

Back in the day we used to have season threads, and off-season threads and the recruiting threads. We'd always have a partial thread after the season and off season. I went back and counted the threads since the start of the 2002-03 season (Eaves first), that's how the numbering was determined. Also how it just became a general UW hockey thread, as opposed to a specific season thread. I still don't think that we need broth a recruiting and general thread since they seem to overlap quite often. But that's not that important.

Thus, new coach, new numbering.

Comment

Considering he still reads these threads... ಠ_ಠ

Comment

Does he now? I never look at the "users browsing this thread" area.

It's funny because we really have nothing to offer him.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Does he now? I never look at the "users browsing this thread" area.

It's funny because we really have nothing to offer him.
                        I'm sure he loves reading what us uneducated and uninformed nobodies post. It must pain him in multiple ways for sure reading our threads.

Comment

This might be the longest off-season in history. Let's drop the puck already!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I'm sure he loves reading what us uneducated and uninformed nobodies post.
                            God only knows if he even liked what we had to say while he was still posting here, much less now.

Comment

Posic reported this AM on the BIG 1070 that DG has conducted 2 practices with the lads. I wonder what the rules are for offseason practices etc. I am ecstatic that he's able to work with them already and lay the foundation to success, and be able to evaluate as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Posic reported this AM on the BIG 1070 that DG has conducted 2 practices with the lads. I wonder what the rules are for offseason practices etc. I am ecstatic that he's able to work with them already and lay the foundation to success, and be able to evaluate as well.
                                If he was able to get in full team practices, they were just under the NCAA definition of in-season. Off-season practices with coaches (while school is in session) are limited to 4 players on the ice at a time and 2 hours per player per week.

Comment

Working...
                                X