Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

On the topic of the hype and advertising, it would be a colossal waste to not have all this fanfare. (Heck, I thought they missed a big opportunity with North Dakota's return to Madison - and rematch with Wisconsin - in the fall of 2014.) I don't just want fans like us to come rushing back. I want casual UW fans to perk up their ears and recognize how huge this is, and why it is such a drastic change from before. It's not just about ticket sales; it's also about the cultural presense of UW hockey.

A small change over the last couple of years was how they started putting out way more highlights that had original audio and weren't buried in the Badger Hockey Digest. It would've been better if there were more highlights in front of more fans, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
      So Wisco hired three fully qualified head coaches at once. Will this start a Bi6 arms race? Will the Gophers want someone to coach their hockey team now? Will MI want three at once when Red retires? This could be interesting.
      This is why the NCHC formed. They knew that when the B1G schools decided to take hockey seriously they would make resources available to the hockey program that most other schools could not. The question is does MSU go after an NHL level coaching staff when they make a change? What do the UMs do when Berenson and Lucia decide to retire? Or does it turn out that UW was in a spot where this was the move that they needed to make to start rebuilding a fractured fanbase? My guess is that it will turn out that UW is a special case, but it should drive up HC salaries at all the B1G schools which will likely force other schools to raise the HC's pay when rumors of B1G school interest occurs.

Comment

Whoa . . . slow down. You guys may have all woke up in tents this morning because the head cheerleader looked your way in the hall, but she wasn't smiling at you, and she sure as hail isn't going out with you. You may have had a shot years ago before she filled out and you got zits, but those days are gone. So do yourself a favor and be happy with Darla over in Room B1G. I'm telling you this as a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Whoa . . . slow down. You guys may have all woke up in tents this morning because the head cheerleader looked your way in the hall, but she wasn't smiling at you, and she sure as hail isn't going out with you. You may have had a shot years ago before she filled out and you got zits, but those days are gone. So do yourself a favor and be happy with Darla over in Room B1G. I'm telling you this as a friend.
          Darla was definitely NOT impressed when I showed up to the last party drinking paint thinner. I'll take my chances with the new cheerleader, rumor has it... she's into it.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

This whole thing is surreal.

Years of neglect and now "Welcome Home."

Somebody hired someone really good to run this and gave them a nice budget.

Comment

I wish I knew where this was years ago, but I won't complain. I'm just glad to see what I'm seeing.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                I wish I knew where this was years ago, but I won't complain. I'm just glad to see what I'm seeing.
                Who is this guy and what have they done to Barry.

Truly is "A Great Day For Hockey".

Seems like Kunin and Besse will be back based on their comments. That being said never say never.....
                Last edited by NEWI Badger Fan; 03-30-2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, I just watched the presser in it's entirety. That condition I mentioned yesterday that I've had since Sunday morning? It just got more intense.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Hey guys, I just watched the presser in it's entirety. That condition I mentioned yesterday that I've had since Sunday morning? It just got more intense.
                    I just watched it all as well and I have the same problem! I wanna run through a brick wall right now. I feel as euphoric as I did when the gals won the wcha tourney and regular season titles this year or the lads won the B6 tourney in 2014.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      This whole thing is surreal.

No kidding. It feels like the last couple years never happened.

I mean they did didn't they? I am getting a little hazy on it... Umm...Just to clarify things a little for me... Are you guys absolutely sure we didn't beat Sue and the Goofs and win the title in 2014? And then Eaves retired a hero and now we're just moving on with our world class program?

Originally posted by Barry Alvarez
                      I'm a Hockey Guy!

It's all weirding me out a little.

Here's a recap of the day with a locker room interview if anyone missed it: http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1636107
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Thanks Wisko, that was a great video. That thing that struck me was that they seem almost like fans - they seem to care passionately about the program. Maybe it was a show - but if it was, they did a good job selling it.

Can we put in a request for a one game entrance song? Before the team takes the ice for the first home game, I want a montage of the three coaches highlights from their UW days and pro careers and pictures from today's introductory conference interspersed together with "Mama, I'm Coming Home" by Ozzy Osbourne playing....the lights are off....then they put the spotlights on the area where the players come out and the coaches are the first three out onto the ice with spotlights following them as they walk to the bench area.

The way this fan base feels right now, the roof might come off the Kohl Center. I know, it will never happen and seems goofy - but I think it would be awesome.

Socks....non-exisistent.

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
                          Thanks Wisko, that was a great video. That thing that struck me was that they seem almost like fans - they seem to care passionately about the program. Maybe it was a show - but if it was, they did a good job selling it.
                          Yeah. It's awesome how passionately they talk about UW hockey. This seems to be truly a labor of love for all three. And they seem eager to get after it. But at the same time very buckled down, like let's get down to business.

Fans seem excited too. I keep seeing tweets from people saying they're keeping or buying season ticket packages, which is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post

Can we put in a request for a one game entrance song? Before the team takes the ice for the first home game, I want a montage of the three coaches highlights from their UW days and pro careers and pictures from today's introductory conference interspersed together with "Mama, I'm Coming Home" by Ozzy Osbourne playing....the lights are off....then they put the spotlights on the area where the players come out and the coaches are the first three out onto the ice with spotlights following them as they walk to the bench area.

The way this fan base feels right now, the roof might come off the Kohl Center. I know, it will never happen and seems goofy - but I think it would be awesome.

Socks....non-exisistent.
                            In my time at UW, home openers have never been all that well attended relative to the rest of the year, but I am really, really, really looking forward to the first game's introductions. Even if the team will be a work in progress at that point, I expect an awesome atmosphere of hope and excitement. The amount of big, completely unforced smiles I had today just looking at the videos, images, and words of the introduction is astounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by badger79 View Post
                              Fans seem excited too. I keep seeing tweets from people saying they're keeping or buying season ticket packages, which is awesome.
                              We were thinking of giving up Friday night, but at this point we're certainly keeping both nights.

Comment

Here ya go, Badger fans, we here in Minnesota are doing our best to make you competitive again, so as to no longer be an embarrassment to our league.

Two former Burnsville boys' hockey state champions fill out Wisconsin's 'dream team' coaching staff
                                http://www.startribune.com/two-forme...aff/374051121/
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X