Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Tony called both of them associate coaches in the presser. Makes sense to have them with level footing.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Donny is starting immediately, will hold down the fort while Oz and Tony finish up. He's starting recruiting the minute he leaves the presser. Who on the USDP is not committed?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Donny is starting immediately, will hold down the fort while Oz and Tony finish up. He's starting recruiting the minute he leaves the presser. Who on the USDP is not committed?
        According to the NTDP page for U-18...

http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/roster/...bseason=231692

Patrick Khodorenko - F
        J.D. Greenway - D

Only Randy Hernandez- F for the U-17 team.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          According to the NTDP page for U-18...

http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/roster/...bseason=231692

Patrick Khodorenko - F
          J.D. Greenway - D

Only Randy Hernandez- F for the U-17 team.
          Book em, Dano.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
            From Baggot's on-line column quoting Granato:

"We'd like it to be alongside what Mark's done with the women's program. We want to be at that level. We want people banging on our doors to come to Wisconsin. We want to be respected like the women's program is, like the football program is, like the men's basketball program is. We want to be right there with them."

I graduated in the early 90's. I would have never thought that quote could have ever been made for multiple reasons.

And especially multiple reasons that don't include men's hockey.

Comment

Couldn't hear what he said, but I think that Ron Vincent was saying some good things about how happy the hockey alumni are with the changes that were made. I would have to think that they had a big involvement all along.

Comment

When asked about the new coaching dynamic having an impact in getting top-end guys to stick around longer:
                Tony first defers to Oz, who talks about that being part of the challenge of getting high end talent, he sold the new staff's ties to the NHL as a way that teams will be comfortable keeping kids in the NCAA longer
                Then Tony comes back in with "When we bring them in and they leave, we'll find another one"
                I like that mentality, but it will be interesting to see how it actually works out.

Current players were also available to the media afterwards, I'll be interested to see what some of the players have to say.

Comment

I missed the second half the presser, but Tony did thank Mike Eaves for being a great ambassador and player of Wisconsin Hockey and wanted him to be there. Classy move, IMO.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I'm so geeked after that press conference, I wish the new season was starting today. The coaches seem just as eager to get started on turning this thing around. I cannot wait.

Comment

Obviously the 3 have some roster clean up to do. Which players are either encouraged to transfer or simply dismissed from the team?

Transfer? Sexton, Tischke, Bunz, Ustaski, Grunwald?
                      Dismissed? Keryluk, Shuchuk, Barnes, Hurley, Breon?
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS
                      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Question on bench dynamic from Posick.

Oz: "Brian do you think Donny and my jobs are going to be to keep Tony in control and off the dasher? ... Probably."
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

So Wisco hired three fully qualified head coaches at once. Will this start a Bi6 arms race? Will the Gophers want someone to coach their hockey team now? Will MI want three at once when Red retires? This could be interesting.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            Obviously the 3 have some roster clean up to do. Which players are either encouraged to transfer or simply dismissed from the team?

Transfer? Sexton, Tischke, Bunz, Ustaski, Grunwald?
                            Dismissed? Keryluk, Shuchuk, Barnes, Hurley, Breon?
                            If you let Sexton, Tischke, and Bunz go, you're left with one pretty good D in Linhart and one pretty good D that hasn't been able to play actual D much at all in Davison. Plus 6 or more freshman depending on who you can dig up or accelerate. Not sure that's going to be the way to go.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Nice event today! Most you saw on tv.
                              Everyone got free pair of Badger socks even the media(or course the NBC 15guy stuffed his camera bag full😥
                              And they advertised new website thiswillknockyoursocksoff.com
                              Shoulda had a USCHO meetup so I could put faces to names.
                              Was interesting to see the disappointment of media when Tony agreed to take a few questions from fans and Alumni.
                              Very impressed with Tony explaining the importance of renewing the legacy.
                              Seems to me they really stressed going after every player of top caliber.
                              Oz said some great ones will leave early and Tony added then we'll get another one!

Great day to be a Badger!

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                                "When we bring them in and they leave, we'll find another one"
                                I think we have the title for the next recruiting thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X