Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    They made a Knock-Your-Socks-Off hype site. http://ThisWillKnockYourSocksOff.com

I've never seen anything remotely close to this since becoming a Wisconsin Badgers hockey fan. This is unbelievable.
    I actually feel bad for MM with this marketing/social media blitz. It kinda feels like his grave is being danced on, to use Gurt's phrase. Hopefully BA throws him a bone or 2 in the press conference. That being said, the blitz is needed to a certain extent, it's just too bad there a 5 month wait between now hitting the ice.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Could they not have picked a better picture of Osiecki? He looks downright terrifying. Every time I look at his picture, I half expect him to jump out of the monitor and go on a killing spree.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        Thanks Jason
        HAHAHA!!!

Oh my, that joke never gets old!

Thanks for that, I needed a good chuckle today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Could they not have picked a better picture of Osiecki? He looks downright terrifying. Every time I look at his picture, I half expect him to jump out of the monitor and go on a killing spree.
          Good to have a guy like that coaching D

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I actually feel bad for MM with this marketing/social media blitz. It kinda feels like his grave is being danced on, to use Gurt's phrase. Hopefully BA throws him a bone or 2 in the press conference. That being said, the blitz is needed to a certain extent, it's just too bad there a 5 month wait between now hitting the ice.
            I was thinking of something similar to that. They really let the entire program go without any sort of hype or promotion for the last few years and then all of a sudden they're throwing their entire weight behind it. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see this, but they could have done much more with the men's (and women's) programs as far as promotion in the last few years.

Hopefully this is just the start of a new direction of university marketing efforts for the hockey program(s.)
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Whomever is going to the KC today, might I suggest bringing socks to wave (or throw, hat trick style).
              No need. They're giving away socks to fans at the press conference...

https://***********/uwbadgers/status/715205546127728640

Comment

Originally posted by kamigo View Post
                for those looking for season ticket information, you can get on the list here: ticket request

for those wondering about the timing of ticket-related items, here is the information that i got:
                Important dates to remember
                april - new patrons for men’s hockey may start to request season tickets
                may 23 - season ticket applications mailed and online sales begin for returning patrons
                june 30 - season ticket application and annual contribution deadline
                september 6 - packages and group tickets on sale for all 2016-17 home games
                mid-september - season tickets mailed
                september 22 - single game ticket on sale for all 2016-17 home games
                early october - first home series

also, it is important to note that uw does not have the final say in the finalizing or releasing of the schedule.

It will likely become the new normal that we will get the schedule in bits and pieces. They will announce the non-con schedule, they will announce the weekends for conference series, b1g basketball schedules get finalized, btn figures out their schedule for basketball coverage, btn figures out their schedule for hockey coverage, we get finalized days/times for conference games.
                Originally posted by almington View Post
                thanks jason
                lol
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
                  When do season tickets go on sale and how much do they usually run?
                  Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                  For those looking for season ticket information, you can get on the list here: Ticket Request

For those wondering about the timing of ticket-related items, here is the information that I got:
                  IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
                  April - New patrons for men’s hockey may start to request season tickets
                  May 23 - Season ticket applications mailed and online sales begin for returning patrons
                  June 30 - Season ticket application and annual contribution deadline
                  September 6 - Packages and group tickets on sale for all 2016-17 home games
                  Mid-September - Season tickets mailed
                  September 22 - Single game ticket on sale for all 2016-17 home games
                  Early October - First home series

Also, it is important to note that UW does not have the final say in the finalizing or releasing of the schedule.

It will likely become the new normal that we will get the schedule in bits and pieces. They will announce the non-con schedule, they will announce the weekends for conference series, B1G Basketball schedules get finalized, BTN figures out their schedule for basketball coverage, BTN figures out their schedule for hockey coverage, we get finalized days/times for conference games.
                  Not sure why it's so hilarious that Kamigo answered this question, but hey, knock yourselves out.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

For those looking for season ticket information, you can get on the list here: Ticket Request

For those wondering about the timing of ticket-related items, here is the information that I got:
                    IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
                    April - New patrons for men’s hockey may start to request season tickets
                    May 23 - Season ticket applications mailed and online sales begin for returning patrons
                    June 30 - Season ticket application and annual contribution deadline
                    September 6 - Packages and group tickets on sale for all 2016-17 home games
                    Mid-September - Season tickets mailed
                    September 22 - Single game ticket on sale for all 2016-17 home games
                    Early October - First home series

Also, it is important to note that UW does not have the final say in the finalizing or releasing of the schedule.

It will likely become the new normal that we will get the schedule in bits and pieces. They will announce the non-con schedule, they will announce the weekends for conference series, B1G Basketball schedules get finalized, BTN figures out their schedule for basketball coverage, BTN figures out their schedule for hockey coverage, we get finalized days/times for conference games.
                    Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    Thanks Jason
                    Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Not sure why it's so hilarious that Kamigo answered this question, but hey, knock yourselves out.
                    Laughing at Almington calling Kamigo - Jason, not on the ticket information..... Try not to take things so serious... Plus I figured reposting the ticket information can't hurt...
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Laughing at Almington calling Kamigo - Jason, not on the ticket information..... Try not to take things so serious... Plus I figured reposting the ticket information can't hurt...
                      Because the running joke is that the only way I could be so positive about the team would be if I was a member of the administration or a member of the Eaves family.

I wonder what will happen now, will I become a long-lost Granato brother?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I feel a bit bad for mm as well.

I think the promotion is inspired by the precipitous drop in season ticket sales the past 3 years. Especially the last 2 years.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Because the running joke is that the only way I could be so positive about the team would be if I was a member of the administration or a member of the Eaves family.

I wonder what will happen now, will I become a long-lost Granato brother?
                          Yes that is basically correct. I thought it was a funny post, and I chuckled out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            I feel a bit bad for mm as well.

I think the promotion is inspired by the precipitous drop in season ticket sales the past 3 years. Especially the last 2 years.
                            Don't feel too bad, he is still getting paid for two more years and will land on his feet. And most of this he brought on himself.

I do wish there would have been more marketing like we have seen this week, however....

Comment

From Baggot's on-line column quoting Granato:

"We'd like it to be alongside what Mark's done with the women's program. We want to be at that level. We want people banging on our doors to come to Wisconsin. We want to be respected like the women's program is, like the football program is, like the men's basketball program is. We want to be right there with them."

I graduated in the early 90's. I would have never thought that quote could have ever been made for multiple reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                Don't feel too bad, he is still getting paid for two more years and will land on his feet. And most of this he brought on himself.

I do wish there would have been more marketing like we have seen this week, however....
                                Especially when it's so easy and relatively cheap to do. Interns are practically slave labor.

Mike's a pro so I'm sure he's taking it all in stride. Might have been nice in retrospect if they opened the purse strings the way they are now, back when he had to replace Oz and Patrick. But ice under the bridge. Dawn of a new era.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X