Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
    the issue isn't them leaving (to me), it's finding a suitable replacement then. That's what Eaves didn't do after Oz and KP left the last time...
    That's always going to be the issue with anyone they hire. If you hire good people they are going to get advancement opportunities eventually.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Well Eaves not finding a suitable replacement for Oz/Patrick doesn't mean Tony will have the same problem if Don/Oz leaves (or Oz/Don having the same issue if they get promoted).

Hell, it didn't stop Eaves from finding Strand and Bittner, who we all seem to agree were more than adequate hires.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

As long as 1 of the 3 is left here after 6 years all will be good, since all we wanted was 1 of the 3 anyway. I have a feeling Tony will be here for awhile. He's been in the NHL coaching grinder for 12 years, coaching a bunch of young lads over a 40 game schedule who want to learn will be a lot less of a grind for him. The only potential issue I see is it may be too boring for him.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          As long as 1 of the 3 is left here after 6 years all will be good, since all we wanted was 1 of the 3 anyway. I have a feeling Tony will be here for awhile. He's been in the NHL coaching grinder for 12 years, coaching a bunch of young lads over a 40 game schedule who want to learn will be a lot less of a grind for him. The only potential issue I see is it may be too boring for him.
          Winning is never boring.....

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Hell, it didn't stop Eaves from finding Strand and Bittner, who we all seem to agree were more than adequate hires.
            True on those two, but it was too short of a window to grade, right?
            St. Norbert College Green Knights
            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
            ---
            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
              True on those two, but it was too short of a window to grade, right?
              Eaves was able to replace Ward and Hynes they they left with Oz and Patrick. The issue was bringing in people who were outside of the hockey coaching world to be full time assistant coaches. If someone isn't ACTIVELY evaluating talent professionally they should not be hired as an assistant coach at UW.

Comment

• Wednesday announcement, Thursday Press Conference?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  This was my take as well.

Plus, as I understand it, Oz and Don are good friends. And Don and Tony obviously go waaaaaaay back. Whatever might happen down the line I expect to be on good terms.
                  I remember Oz saying that Don helped him get the Gambler head coaching gig when Don left in the mid-90's.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                    I remember Oz saying that Don helped him get the Gambler head coaching gig when Don left in the mid-90's.
                    They mentioned the Tony Granato hire during the 3rd period of the Red wings/Sabres game. Barry Melrose said he loved the hire and that Wisconsin will be turned around quick.

Comment

All this noise about how giddy Badger fans are is getting annoying. I can feel the hate creeping back.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                        All this noise about how giddy Badger fans are is getting annoying. I can feel the hate creeping back.
                        Like any coaching change, the huge impact we hope for won't be immediate. Wait another year.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                          Like any coaching change, the huge impact we hope for won't be immediate. Wait another year.
                          Why waste time, we can start building the hate back up already!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            Why waste time, we can start building the hate back up already!
                            Sounds good. When you guys come over in 2017 to play pond hockey in your crap colored jerseys and tootoos, you Goofs are gonna be in for a rude awakening with Granato and his NHL style of punishment that's put on you. Little over the top and uniformed? Eh maybe. Knowing that the Granato hire will jack up the Goof/Badger rivalry again? Pretty awesome I'm Pumped.

Comment

yes! The triumvarate of hate is on its way back! Maybe the little birds or whatever they're called now can hire Hrkac as an assistant and the rodents can hire I don't know maybe Crowley or mchugh and really get the dander up between fanbases!!!
                              😈
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Isn't the first time on the ice with the coaches and the players like a week or 2 before the first game?
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X