Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

The swarm is forming.

Comment

Praying this is accurate.
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

It seems like this is going to happen, but I'm going to try to temper my excitement a little bit until this is absolutely 100% confirmed. It would certainly knock my socks into Lake Mendota!

Getting guys who would probably only be looking at head coaching gigs at the college level to be college assistants is insane, but once a Badger, always a Badger, I suppose!

Comment

It's on the internet.

100% accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
            I don't see Wisconsin losing guys like Boeser with that coaching staff.
            That alone will contribute to a huge uptick in the win column.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Fitting that Wisconsin hockey should arise from the dead on this day.

Comment

• Comment

Oy. I already miss Mikey

Comment

Grazie e buona notte!

Just heard on ESPN radio! I am ****ing stoked!!

I posted a while back about Tony's years playing and coaching in the NHL'; 14 each and how much respect he would bring. I really didn't think he would leave unless he wanted to slow down.... a little.
                    Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-27-2016, 12:41 PM.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      That alone will contribute to a huge uptick in the win column.
                      Just remember, players who couldn't get past admissions, still won't get past admissions. Now those who do, should stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        It's on the internet.

100% accurate.
                        You can't lie on the internet! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXLgz3wH2n8

Honestly, I don't really see why this would be reported unless someone really wanted to make it up. That's quite unlikely, because it's not like it's someone like OHLInsiders trying to be the first to break a story. The sources are..."sources." I don't know how the inner workings of all of this work, but I also find it hard to believe that a "source" would hear "so-and-so is a candidate for the head coach job" and mistake it for "so-and-so will be an assistant."

Comment

Congrats. The B1G only needs one punching bag and that's sparty.
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Best hire UW could make, IMHO. Dagnabit.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Can't wait for the "reported/sources say" part of the story to go away.

If so, this is pretty exciting stuff and the "knock your socks off" comment though a silly thing to say.... will make sense.

If these 3 coaches come in the turnaround doesn't take 4 years, it will be full swing in year 2. We already have some good recruits coming in, I can see it only increasing quite quickly. The CHL will have a much harder sell to poach our recruits.

Comment

Plenty of work for them to do . . . but ****, what a coaching crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X