Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I'm pulling for Granato, expecting it to be Oz.

I'm not worried about Johnson becoming unhappy with his position if he doesn't get the Men's job, but I'll acknowledge that it's a distinct possibility.
    I think that the risk is that another school offers Johnson a men's HC job and he takes it. If he doesn't get this men's job, they need to consider giving him equal pay to the men's coach, IMHO.

Don 35%
    MJ 33%
    Oz 30%
    Other 2%

I just don't see many cases where at least one of those 3 would not take the job.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by Almington View Post
      I think that the risk is that another school offers Johnson a men's HC job and he takes it.

I would think he's had those opportunities by now if anyone wanted him. He's won titles, been an Olympic coach...

My guess is that either no one's come calling or he's simply not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        I would think he's had those opportunities by now if anyone wanted him. He's won titles, been an Olympic coach...

My guess is that either no one's come calling or he's simply not interested.
        That's not true. He was offered the Penn State job. And showed a lot of integrity in turning it down.

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...ey-valley.html

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...integrity.html

... okay, so maybe "he's simply not interested" is a perfectly viable answer.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          That's not true. He was offered the Penn State job. And showed a lot of integrity in turning it down.

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...ey-valley.html

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...integrity.html

... okay, so maybe "he's simply not interested" is a perfectly viable answer.

or, he negotiated a bigger payraise at his current job.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Just throwing this out there for discussions sake....

Tim Coughlin's team will be playing for a NC on Saturday night. He would then be able to negotiate for the UW position without any interference. I'm sure they could get that done by Thursday or Friday, as Posick speculated.

This would also check the now almost mystical "knock your socks off" box.....I know it would not be an "alum" hire as previously stated.

Comment

I forgot how long ago it was in this thread, but I think we have already debunked that idea.

Coughlin is going nowhere.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuB View Post
                Just throwing this out there for discussions sake....

Tim Coughlin's team will be playing for a NC on Saturday night. He would then be able to negotiate for the UW position without any interference. I'm sure they could get that done by Thursday or Friday, as Posick speculated.

This would also check the now almost mystical "knock your socks off" box.....I know it would not be an "alum" hire as previously stated.
                A few people mention coughlin's name but I don't get it. Has he attempted to coach d1? Can he recruit top flight talent in Canada and Minnesota?

I think Granato and oz fit those bills betters based on past and current employment, though I prefer DG to oz
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Yeah... he's done a great job at SN, but certainly wouldn't knock my socks off.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    A few people mention coughlin's name but I don't get it. Has he attempted to coach d1? Can he recruit top flight talent in Canada and Minnesota?
                    If you look at his roster, it reads like a D1 roster in that the players are from all over the US, Canada and a guy from Sweden. I don't know how much "recruiting" actually does on in D3.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Apparently the big rumor from my grandma in Verona is that it's Chelios. I don't know if random people in Verona who my grandma talks to know anything, though, so just a rumor... But what is the internet for if not wild rumor-mongering? These grandparents did go to hockey for years, but probably about two decades ago.

I think Granato, Oz, and Johnson would still be more likely. Granato would likely be my pick of those three, but I'd not be unhappy with any, I think. Cheli would be an odd pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
                        Apparently the big rumor from my grandma in Verona is that it's Chelios. I don't know if random people in Verona who my grandma talks to know anything, though, so just a rumor... But what is the internet for if not wild rumor-mongering? These grandparents did go to hockey for years, but probably about two decades ago.

I think Granato, Oz, and Johnson would still be more likely. Granato would likely be my pick of those three, but I'd not be unhappy with any, I think. Cheli would be an odd pick.
                        I think that would qualify as "knock your socks off".

Comment

Chelios would be a disastrous choice.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post

Maybe on the staff, but as the head coach? Talk about blowing up this thread..

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              If you look at his roster, it reads like a D1 roster in that the players are from all over the US, Canada and a guy from Sweden. I don't know how much "recruiting" actually does on in D3.
                              Gotcha, thanks

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Chelios would be a disastrous choice.
                                He's coaching with the red wings now. I'm guessing he'd shape the d but if they're using richter's consulting group I'm pretty sure Richter wasn't fond of Cheli's uhm ...partying

Just curios though, why do you feel Celios would be a disaster? He's an HOF NHL'er and I'm guessing name recognition would get recruits in madison

Comment

Working...
                                X