Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Good question. Keep your eyes on Twitter...

Edit: Fwiw, I doubt they'll do it today
    Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 03-25-2016, 07:42 AM.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Probaby not, but I'm hopeful it's going to be quick. Maybe Monday? There is really a lot to be done in terms of roster right now with >30 players available. An opportunity is at hand to make a few moves toward class balance, along with needing to nail down current recruits and players returning. Plus possibly adding a high quality player or two would be pretty nice, and that stuff has to get done asap. It's probable a few guys could be released and if they are, doing so quickly and giving them every opportunity to find a place to play next year is also pretty important.

Probably been read by most but here's a CHN interview with Traviola regarding ND from yesterday:http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._a_win-win.php
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Probaby not, but I'm hopeful it's going to be quick. Maybe Monday? There is really a lot to be done in terms of roster right now with >30 players available. An opportunity is at hand to make a few moves toward class balance, along with needing to nail down current recruits and players returning. Plus possibly adding a high quality player or two would be pretty nice, and that stuff has to get done asap. It's probable a few guys could be released and if they are, doing so quickly and giving them every opportunity to find a place to play next year is also pretty important.

Probably been read by most but here's a CHN interview with Traviola regarding ND from yesterday:http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._a_win-win.php
        The new coach is going to have some tough talks ahead of him with some of the players on the current roster. It needs to be trimmed down, it looks UW is carrying a JV team.

I would think the new coach would try to add 1 or 2 of "his type of guys" for D.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

You would think Barry is in Phily and this will be addressed Monday. I did say the same thing last week and was almost instantly proved wrong. I am sure BA won't be flying commercial to Phily, so if he has these matters to take care of before heading out he could.

Comment

I've got to say, "Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!" is energized like I haven't seen in years.

Personally, I have put my NHL money on hold for next year (which you know was my former Badger hockey money), and put back in the Badger hockey coffers.

I'm pretty confident the Godfather is outsourcing for info for the new coach, and I would be happy with any of the guys mentioned....I'd just like to see Oz.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

If only we still had a beat writer covering the team...

Comment

Slight change of topic: what other non-UW specific forums do you guys post in? Buckyville? 247? Elsewhere?

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                If only we still had a beat writer covering the team...
                Well... we do, but he's a shill for the department.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Personally, I have put my NHL money on hold for next year (which you know was my former Badger hockey money), and put back in the Badger hockey coffers.
                  My interest in next years team is definitely a great deal higher than it was during last year. Can't wait to see how quickly they can turn this program back into the winner that it should be.

I'm hoping to get back for at least 1 or 2 games next year as well. Hopefully the schedule will cooperate.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Did I see somewhere that Hamre, Director of Hockey Operations, was let go too? I'm curious cause I know John a little.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      Did I see somewhere that Hamre, Director of Hockey Operations, was let go too? I'm curious cause I know John a little.
                      His position has posted, so perhaps he wasn't let go but re-assigned. Hard to say at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Slight change of topic: what other non-UW specific forums do you guys post in? Buckyville? 247? Elsewhere?
                        I'm a subscriber on Badger247. Best money I ever spent. Not too big of a hockey crowd, but I like to post hockey stuff, and once in a while a decent convo will break out, like the current coaching search.

If anyone is into bball and football recruiting, 247 is definitely the best site.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                          I'm a subscriber on Badger247. Best money I ever spent. .
                          Pay? For something on the internet? Crazy talk.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            For the gospel on college hockey, most purists prefer siouxsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              The position was posted the same day as the coaching jobs.

Coverage....This was the first year of having no daily beat writer. Punzel wrote some nice articles for both the women's and men's teams, but he is not the beat writer. Bucky's 5th Q never really replaced Chuck/Andy either. I was in discussions about helping out on that site, but I just didn't think I had enough time, and I didn't considering how deep I dove into the women's team this year, I'm glad I didn't. It's nice that Andy B got a job with UW, but it's hardly a journalistic endeavor, his employer mutes him. I am confident Andy B will get the scoop on the new coach. As others have said, Twitter is the place to find the breaking UW news, so in that respect, I don't really miss a beat writer. I do miss the awesome analysis Chuck/Andy did.

The future is really exciting right now. Let's just hope BA doesn't screw this up. It's still very possible he can. He has made bad coaching hires before.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                I've got to say, "Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!" is energized like I haven't seen in years.

I'm pretty confident the Godfather is outsourcing for info for the new coach, and I would be happy with any of the guys mentioned....I'd just like to see Oz.
                                It's amazing what a little hope for the future can do. It's becoming much more clear to me Eaves didn't lose his job just because he lost games, but because he became far to toxic to the fans and had drawn to much negativity for the future to the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X