Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    A sourcey source (who is in the a. d.) last night said that he's heard Oz's name mentioned more than anyone else.

"Mentioned" as in, that's the guy.

At least that's how I took it although I didn't press.
    I have also heard OZ will be next coach; coming from someone that knows him personally. I don't think we could go wrong with Granato or Oz.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Any way we could get Granato and Oz together? That would be a killer combo, but might be one to many chiefs, so to speak.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I had heard a month ago from the inner circle of Oz that Eaves would be going. To me that meant either he is connected with people that would know that &/or his tires were being kicked as a possible replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Any way we could get Granato and Oz together? That would be a killer combo, but might be one to many chiefs, so to speak.

I was thinking that Oz with Granato as assistant or associate would "knock my socks off."

I believe your concern could be valid though.

Comment

I'm actually feeling an itch to get tickets again...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              I'm actually feeling an itch to get tickets again...
              for sure the back end will be shored up if Oz is back. One of the things I didn't like about Strand and Bittner was neither played defense and obviously Eaves either....

and yes that combo would knock my socks off.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Think of the recruiting too.

Didn't Eaves make a living off his NTDP connection in his first few years at UW? Am I remembering that right?

Don't know if Oz still has his western Canada connections, but if he does...

Comment

Think of the recruiting too.

Didn't Eaves make a living off his NTDP connection in his first few years at UW? Am I remembering that right?

Don't know if Oz still has his western Canada connections, but if he does...
                  I have to keep calm, but this would be unbelievable if it happens. I can't get my hopes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                    Though Granato hasn't coached D-1 hockey he has been successful at pretty much every level there is. NHL assistant coach, ECHL Champion as a head coach,, AHL Head Coach of the Year, NHL scout, USHL Champion as a head coach, USA NTDP Coach for the last 4-5 years and a D-1 National Champion as a player on the 1990 Badger team.. He has a knowing of every top recruit in the country by being with USA Hockey as well as his coaching past in the USHL..And his name carries immediate respect.. I think he would be a great hire by Wisconsin!
                    Yes, great resume and I hope he's the next coach.

I'm not sure I like Osiecki as a choice. Let go at tosu after middling performances and a few have mentioned some baggage with him.

Conversely no-one that I've read has made such comments or insinuations regarding Donny G
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      Yes, great resume and I hope he's the next coach.

I'm not sure I like Osiecki as a choice. Let go at tosu after middling performances and a few have mentioned some baggage with him.

Conversely no-one that I've read has made such comments or insinuations regarding Donny G
                      I probably don't know enough to have a real strong opinion. But a quick glance at Oz' head coaching records looks like a lot of .500 hockey. I know he did great things as a Badger Asst. But is anyone concerned about that head coaching record?

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

What I heard about that was that he was a squeaky wheel wanting to get more facilities for his team, etc. So much so that he was a bit of a pain in the AD's arse.

Also heard that Rohlik may have played a role with a knife to the back.

Can't remember the deets anymore, but came from a very close source although I understand that the source was sympathetic to Oz's side of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
                          I probably don't know enough to have a real strong opinion. But a quick glance at Oz' head coaching records looks like a lot of .500 hockey. I know he did great things as a Badger Asst. But is anyone concerned about that head coaching record?
                          3 years isn't enough time to determine NCAA record, but was very successful at USHL level. Obviously the only 3 years at OSU before getting fired, are a concern. But he had great recruits coming in the door at OSU.

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post

Not much coz coaching at tOSU is not the same as UW.

Totally different car that you're getting the keys to.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              One of the things I didn't like about Strand and Bittner was neither played defense and obviously Eaves either....
                              Teaching defense has nothing to do with the position you played. The thing with OZ is the reputation he has with the NHL teams and Family Advisor's when it comes to recruiting. When you have a 16-18 year old kid who is looking at the NCAA route and is a d-man, the kid and his family is looking for a school that has a staff that has a history of getting their d-men into the NHL. History has shown that NHL team are happy to have their players under the tutelage of OZ and let the kids develop through their junior season. If you look at the quality level of the d-men during the OZ era (McBain, McDonagh, Smith, Schultz, Goloubef and Gardiner) versus today it is pretty easy to see that Oz was the lynch-pin to the recruiting process.

Oz has shown that he can recruit and I think he would be the natural choice.

Comment

What I heard about that was that he was a squeaky wheel wanting to get more facilities for his team, etc. So much so that he was a bit of a pain in the AD's arse.

I have also heard this from someone in the know, wanted more resources....

Comment

Working...
                                X