Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016 off-season thread

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    Good luck to Scott Patterson on his future.
    Same here. It's too bad things didn't work out for him here but that's the nature of business in college hockey today.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Here is a nice piece LSSU put together on Ron Mason: http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...n_obit_feature
      Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Yes, good luck to Scott. Looks like he's going to play for Simon Fraser University in British Columbia this season: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=102281
        Simon Fraser would like to get their hockey team into an American college league. Their new AD thinks getting into a division 1 league would be a game changer for Simon Fraser . They already belong to the Great Northwest conference and now are looking to get into one of the division 1 conferences for hockey .
        Last edited by sm2pk; 06-16-2016, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          Simon Fraser would like to get their hockey team into an American college league. Their new AD thinks getting into a division 1 league would be a game changer for Simon Fraser . They already belong to the Great Northwest conference and now are looking to get into one of the division 1 conferences for hockey .
          Their Div 1 challenge is going to be to find a conference that will accept them. It will require flying for every other Div 1 school to play there; no one is close enough to bus. Higher travel costs. They may very well have to subsidize travel.

Comment

Their Div 1 challenge is going to be to find a conference that will accept them. It will require flying for every other Div 1 school to play there; no one is close enough to bus. Higher travel costs. They may very well have to subsidize travel.
            Travel cost is killing everyone as it is now . Simon Fraser would have to subsidize for sure but the new AD is working hard to make it happen .

Comment

We have a new commitment from D-man Michael Mannara. Played last season for Oakville of the OJHL. 99 birth date; probably will come in 2018-19. We'll need to replace several D-men that season.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=273796

Comment

I think it is going to be a very interesting season . Seems to be the best bit of talent the Lakers have had in years taking to the ice . Let's hope they come back in great shape and make college hockey take notice .

Comment

Did I miss what league Arizona State is joining or have they not released that information yet ? here we were talking about Simon Fraser and Arizona is playing them two games this coming season .

Comment

Did I miss what league Arizona State is joining or have they not released that information yet ? here we were talking about Simon Fraser and Arizona is playing them two games this coming season .
                    There hasn't been an announcement. I expect one by the end of the calendar year, but they may not join a league until 18-19. They have to fix their arena situation first.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

It is going to be hot in Arizona and wonder how many players from the north will really want to go to school there.

Comment

It is going to be hot in Arizona and wonder how many players from the north will really want to go to school there.
                        I don't think ASU will have any problem recruiting players. The really hot weather occurs in the Summer when school is out anyway (unless attending a Summer session).

Comment

I don't think ASU will have any problem recruiting players. The really hot weather occurs in the Summer when school is out anyway (unless attending a Summer session).
                          This is also true at UAH. The big concern is always land training before captain's practices begin.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

A short article from the OJHL on Mike Mannara's commitment to the Lakers:

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...21/news_450537

Comment

How far out did Roque recruit ? I can't remember if he went further than one season .

Comment

How far out did Roque recruit ? I can't remember if he went further than one season .
                                For the most part he went one season out, which means he relied heavily on late bloomers and guys that other programs overlooked. There were some exceptions. Kellan Lain was recruited a couple of seasons out. Kelin Ainsworth and Tyler Marble committed around three seasons out I think, although in their cases there were some prior connections to the program. I think there were may have been a couple of others as well although I don't remember who. He did try to recruit Owen Headrick although he wasn't able to get a commitment from him while still coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X