Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell/Providence Hockey East Semi Final (3/18) – Alliance Suspended!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell/Providence Hockey East Semi Final (3/18) – Alliance Suspended!

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    The parking increase over the last two years has been insane. At the Beanpot this year, I took the T in (since I live on the Orange Line) and took a cab home. The cost for the cab was 1/3 the cost of driving in and parking. How ridiculous is that???
    How in the world do people afford to go to a game at the Gahden (prices are past anything they used to be when I was a kid and people went as families) and park? I would guess only the upper crust can do that now.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      That my friend is a genius idea. Might hit that up as well, if we get in early enough.

Trying to decide where to park and take the train in from.
      I had the same thought as I left my apartment... Too bad it's an 8 hour drive to Boston

Edit: Sullivan sq from the north is a nobrainer... It's only a couple of stops
      Last edited by Patman; 03-18-2016, 10:49 AM.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Did this last yr. Def easy and can't bring myself to bend over and pay the obscene parking $ they want for parking at the Garden. In 2 yrs the price doubled

I really wish there was another venue besides the Garden. Parking stinks. Being a fan there stinks. Bridgeport, Provicid Center, Manchester and Worcester all much more fun. The general attitude of the ushers and staff at the Gahden can be anything but friendly. Depending where you sit depends on whether you can do anything but clap like you are at the opera. The silliness of not letting people bring in horns, bells or things that are a staple at a game is aggravating. I have no idea how to clap after 30 yrs of ringing my cowbell. A penny in a water bottle is not the same thing (and last time they wanted to take it away )
        Please no Worcester. That venue is the absolute worst for watching a hockey game. I honestly would prefer Lowell go to Albany than Worcester for the NCAAs... but I won't be picky.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          I had the same thought as I left my apartment... Too bad it's an 8 hour drive to Boston

Edit: Sullivan sq from the north is a nobrainer... It's only a couple of stops
          Even Wellington or Assembly if you want to save yourself a couple of exits on 93.

Comment

How in the world do people afford to go to a game at the Gahden (prices are past anything they used to be when I was a kid and people went as families) and park? I would guess only the upper crust can do that now.
            Post Office Square is less than one mile from the Garden. After 4pm, it's $9 for the night. If you are going to the Harp, it'll be $15 for 2hrs before and then $9 for the night.

Comment

If it's a night or weekend the Post Office Sq garage is $9 (after 4 during the week) and it's about a 15 minute walk from the Garden

Comment

Oh and forgot to mention. The Friar mascot is disturbing AF.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                  Oh and forgot to mention. The Friar mascot is disturbing AF.
                  Agreed. Very scary.

Parking? Check. Ticket? Check. First pre-game stop? Check.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    Please no Worcester. That venue is the absolute worst for watching a hockey game. I honestly would prefer Lowell go to Albany than Worcester for the NCAAs... but I won't be picky.
                    Take any east and run with it. Minneapolis is an expensive nightmare. I can drive to Cincinnati... Not sure about the rest of you.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      gonna pay for my hotel room?
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Game time!!!

Comment

That Kevin Boyle salute video is gonna play every game from here on out
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Felt like CJ was trying to do too much on that one at first, but it worked out. Man that goal was beautiful
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              Felt like CJ was trying to do too much on that one at first, but it worked out. Man that goal was beautiful
                              I was ok with it... He got him off balance.

---

Providence looking more dangerous through the first but it's all square

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                I was ok with it... He got him off balance.

---

Providence looking more dangerous through the first but it's all square
                                I was more thinking the circling the offensive zone that went on for what felt like a minute.
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X