The 2016-17 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2016-17 Schedules Thread

This is not set in stone but LSSU will most likely have a Canadian exhibition game on October 1 and then a non-conference series on October 7-8. Things are being finalized at the moment. A press release will be sent out when finalized.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      A part of me wanted to reference the 2-for-1 debacle for the Ferris State listing, but with UMAA already full, not technically just to them (despite us being a victim of their 2-for-1 crud). Also, don't you guys host the GLI, making it technically "home" matches? Granted I don't know how that translates in terms of the gate...
      Yes, we host the GLI, I'm not sure how the gate money is handled though. I'm sure Michigan gets some kind of cut.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Yes, we host the GLI, I'm not sure how the gate money is handled though. I'm sure Michigan gets some kind of cut.
        Tech is THE host. Ann Arbor is CoHost and State is a permanent invitee. Not sure if they get a cut or an "appearance" fee. Still the best Holiday Tiurney. Hope the all Michigan trend or all Mich + maybe BG or Notee Dame from time to time.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Tech is THE host. Ann Arbor is CoHost and State is a permanent invitee. Not sure if they get a cut or an "appearance" fee. Still the best Holiday Tiurney. Hope the all Michigan trend or all Mich + maybe BG or Notee Dame from time to time.
          No **** Tech is the host. That is what i said.

All Michigan GLI ****ing sucks. Takes the tourney from an awesome national tournament to a boring Michigan tournament.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

All Michigan GLI ****ing sucks. Takes the tourney from an awesome national tournament to a boring Michigan tournament.
            Beanpot West? *ducks*

I know I enjoyed going to the GLI when RPI was in it.

Comment

While I do share your loathing of the Ann Arbor institution, there probably wouldn't have been a GLI were it not for the legendary Tech coach who was a Michigan alum, and his cohorts from Ann Arbor. Just curious, did you ever meet that coach that built the Husky program?
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Bentley has the following, some still tentative...

At UNH
                Home/home with NU
                At UVM
                Bentley University Hockey
                On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

I am told that there will still likely be some tweaks to the WCHA schedule. No opponent or site switches, just a few date changes.

Comment

I don't care for the all Michigan tournament either. I don't think State should be an auto invite every year, but that isn't going to change because of the huge Michigan rivalry and the gate it brings,(don't they play each other enough during regular season).
                    It seems like when the Gophers went to an all Minnesota tournament GLI followed suit. Now it's more regional instead of National as bb-dl states in the comments.
                    Invite State every 2nd or 3rd year.😉
                    Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 05-21-2016, 09:43 PM.
                    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                      I don't care for the all Michigan tournament either. I don't think State should be an auto invite every year, but that isn't going to change because of the huge Michigan rivalry and the gate it brings,(don't they play each other enough during regular season).
                      It seems like when the Gophers went to an all Minnesota tournament GLI followed suit. Now it's more regional instead of National as bb-dl states in the comments.
                      Invite State every 2nd or 3rd year.��
                      To be fair, how many of the smaller schools in Michigan and Minnesota were peeved about how the formation of the Big Roll-a-D20 meant they weren't going to get gate money from getting the respective UM at home at least every other year?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        To be fair, how many of the smaller schools in Michigan and Minnesota were peeved about how the formation of the Big Roll-a-D20 meant they weren't going to get gate money from getting the respective UM at home at least every other year?
                        Seems to me the BIG schools have that all figured out. You come to our place for 2 seasons and we will visit your place once.
                        Seems to me the big guys in D1 hockey want to rule it all....just say'n. Not fair...want to undercut the smaller schools, not an even playing field.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                          Seems to me the BIG schools have that all figured out. You come to our place for 2 seasons and we will visit your place once.
                          Seems to me the big guys in D1 hockey want to rule it all....just say'n. Not fair...want to undercut the smaller schools, not an even playing field.
                          I know one poster had the thought of just not playing them at all, and they have to advertise playing themselves 6-8 times over a season.

And sometimes they won't even visit you at all. They'll invite you in for 2 (or sometimes just 1) games, pay your school a lump sum for attending, and then see ya. I'm sure the Big Roll-a-D20 has so much money they can afford to do that, bring in some AHC opposition who are used to traveling, here's some dough, we'll beat you easily (unless it's Holy Cross playing Minnesota), g'bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                            Invite State every 2nd or 3rd year.😉
                            The bottom line is ticket sales. Ferris, Western & NMU bring a lot more fans to the Joe than Colorado College, New Hampshire or RPI. And the atmosphere at this year's GLI was outstanding. Good crowds and four really good hockey games made for an outstanding event.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I know one poster had the thought of just not playing them at all, and they have to advertise playing themselves 6-8 times over a season.

And sometimes they won't even visit you at all. They'll invite you in for 2 (or sometimes just 1) games, pay your school a lump sum for attending, and then see ya. I'm sure the Big Roll-a-D20 has so much money they can afford to do that, bring in some AHC opposition who are used to traveling, here's some dough, we'll beat you easily (unless it's Holy Cross playing Minnesota), g'bye.
                              Read somewhere that RIT used to do that but no longer will. It's now 1 and 1 or they take their puck and never get on the thru-way.
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                                Read somewhere that RIT used to do that but no longer will. It's now 1 and 1 or they take their puck and never get on the thru-way.
                                With RIT in the Liberty League in other sports, they at least have four teams willing to do 1-and-1's... Of course, at least they also have BCA to get a Hockey East team in town.

Comment

Working...
                                X