The 2016-17 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
    The Mariucci Classic will feature UMass, Mercyhurst, and Alabama–Huntsville.
    That's quite the field this year. Is Minnesota tired of losing this tournament?

Comment

• Re: The 2016-17 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Nice!
        "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Link to this year's spreadsheet, additions and corrections appreciated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...77Q7ZMgxNKZyI/

KNOWN SCHEDULES:
          HEA:
          Boston University
          The draft of the BU schedule that leaked is close to what the final schedule will be, but there will be multiple changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            The draft of the BU schedule that leaked is close to what the final schedule will be, but there will be multiple changes.
            With the whole Frozen Fenway debacle, I can't say that I am the least bit surprised. When updates come, updates will be made.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Didn't they consider Colgate to be a cupcake a few years back?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                I'm hearing next year they're getting Trine, North Adams State College and Finlandia

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Link to this year's spreadsheet, additions and corrections appreciated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...77Q7ZMgxNKZyI/

KNOWN SCHEDULES: (minus exhibitions)

Bemidji State (released, 2 games behind allotment - darn WCHA reformat )
                  BSU will never go over 36 games, even if they can play 38 and the WCHA schedule wasn't condensed. Coach Serratore feels the bye week that they would lose is more important for the health of the team than a 37th and 38th game.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                    BSU will never go over 36 games, even if they can play 38 and the WCHA schedule wasn't condensed. Coach Serratore feels the bye week that they would lose is more important for the health of the team than a 37th and 38th game.
                    Here we go again...

And given WCHA now has one less week to get the games in, the chances are even slimmer, which was the point of the tongue-in-cheek. I would explain it relative to your case, but I was told there'd be no math. However, given how my team performed last year when we had two extra games from the Brice Goal Rush, I'm not surprised in the least that you wouldn't want to have that many games.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                      After scheduling 38 games in 13-14 —*and taking on NTDP U-18 on what would've been an off weekend —*Mike Corbett has sworn off of that for the same reason.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Here we go again...

And given WCHA now has one less week to get the games in, the chances are even slimmer, which was the point of the tongue-in-cheek. I would explain it relative to your case, but I was told there'd be no math. However, given how my team performed last year when we had two extra games from the Brice Goal Rush, I'm not surprised in the least that you wouldn't want to have that many games.
                        Almost no one schedules games 37 & 38, for the very reasons Ernie won't schedule them for Bemidji. And if you do schedule 37 & 38, will you be lucky enough to find someone willing to to an even swap of games? WCHA teams are having a hard enough time trying to fill 36 games. Michigan Tech will play 38 this year. Guess how many of those 10 non conference games will be in Boughton? Zero! And the fact that nearly all other teams outside the WCHA can only play 34, that limits the availability of opponents to choose from for those extra two games.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Almost no one schedules games 37 & 38, for the very reasons Ernie won't schedule them for Bemidji. And if you do schedule 37 & 38, will you be lucky enough to find someone willing to to an even swap of games? WCHA teams are having a hard enough time trying to fill 36 games. Michigan Tech will play 38 this year. Guess how many of those 10 non conference games will be in Boughton? Zero! And the fact that nearly all other teams outside the WCHA can only play 34, that limits the availability of opponents to choose from for those extra two games.
                          BGSU had 38 last year--19 home with, 19 on the road...
                          but I'm with Serratore, a bye is better.
                          Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            2 of those series are paying off the past ill-planned 2-for-1s to MiSU and UMi. 2 more are the first leg of 1-for-1 agreements, so there will be return trips. The other is GLI, which doesn't really count either way.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              2 of those series are paying off the past ill-planned 2-for-1s to MiSU and UMi. 2 more are the first leg of 1-for-1 agreements, so there will be return trips. The other is GLI, which doesn't really count either way.
                              A part of me wanted to reference the 2-for-1 debacle for the Ferris State listing, but with UMAA already full, not technically just to them (despite us being a victim of their 2-for-1 crud). Also, don't you guys host the GLI, making it technically "home" matches? Granted I don't know how that translates in terms of the gate...

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                                BGSU had 38 last year--19 home with, 19 on the road...
                                but I'm with Serratore, a bye is better.
                                BG doesn't travel as far as most everyone else does, especially with the farthest NC tilts being Canisius/RIT. Having those long-time series with the local schools really helps (and I think all WCHA fans are happy that you have those ties).

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X