Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2016-17 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
    Dartmouth released their schedule: http://www.dartmouthsports.com/Sport...&Q_SEASON=2016

Interestingly, this seems to mark a change from ECACHL schedules of the past. It was always that who you played on Friday night would alternate with the other travel partner for home and away. This time however, Dartmouth has Princeton on Friday home and away (instead of say, Princeton home Friday, Quinnipiac away Friday), Colgate on Fridays, Brown on Fridays.

So unless Dartmouth is wrong, a lot of the series in the Google doc need to be flipped - I'm bummed because it means both Harvard-Cornell games are on Fridays and I definitely can't get to either.

Edit: As Ralph said below, Dartmouth is most likely wrong.
    Their twitter release was better.

Comment

The Mariucci Classic will feature UMass, Mercyhurst, and Alabama–Huntsville.

Minnesota State Mankato hockey schedule.
      http://www.msumavericks.com/news/201...announced.aspx

Nov 18-19 is the non Conference series with Minnesota. Nov 18th in Mankato and 19th in Minneapolis.
      Last edited by Gophers #1; 05-19-2016, 04:48 PM.
      Go Gophers Go.

Comment

The final 2 Minnesota non conference games are @ Boston College, @ Northeastern. not sure of the dates.
        Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Link to this year's spreadsheet, additions and corrections appreciated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...77Q7ZMgxNKZyI/

KNOWN SCHEDULES: (minus exhibitions)

ECAC (non-travel-partner conference schedule released):
          Cornell
          Colgate
          RPI
          St. Lawrence

HEA:
          Boston University
          UMASS Lowell

NCHC (conference schedule released):
          Colorado College
          Denver
          Miami
          Nebraska Omaha
          St. Cloud State
          Western Michigan

WCHA (composite schedule released):
          Alabama Huntsville (released, 4 games behind allotment - darn WCHA reformat )
          Alaska Anchorage
          Alaska Fairbanks
          Bemidji State (released, 2 games behind allotment - darn WCHA reformat )
          Bowling Green
          Ferris State (released, 1 game behind allotment)
          LSSU (released, 2 games behind allotment - darn WCHA reformat )
          Michigan Tech
          Minnesota State Mankato (released, 4 games behind allotment - darn WCHA reformat )
          Northern Michigan

Comment

FlagDUDE08: Correction on Mankato series. You have it backward. Minnesota is in Mankato on Nov 18 and home to Mankato on 19th. That from the MSU Mavericks website. i could be wrong on that.

Correction: I think it a error on Mavericks part.
            Last edited by Gophers #1; 05-19-2016, 06:10 PM.
            Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
              FlagDUDE08: Correction on Mankato series. You have it backward. Minnesota is in Mankato on Nov 18 and home to Mankato on 19th. That from the MSU Mavericks website. i could be wrong on that.

Correction: I think it a error on Mavericks part.
              To be fair, the WCHA composite reversed some of them, so I have no fracking clue.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                To be fair, the WCHA composite reversed some of them, so I have no fracking clue.

I do not either. SO i going to try and get a confirm for you on this one.
                Go Gophers Go.

Comment

• Wisconsin released its Non-conference schedule

(Merrimack series dates are) the only series missing from the schedule)

**Boston College series will be Friday and Sunday due to the night football game Saturday

Comment

Got an email regarding Merrimack season ticket renewal. Army is not on the schedule, but they host Sacred Heart and Mercyhurst. Also exhibition against New Brunswick.
                    Rinks Visited
                    DCU Center
                    Tulley Forum
                    TD Garden
                    Tsongas Arena
                    J. Thom Lawler Arena
                    Conte Forum
                    Whittemore Center
                    Agganis Arena
                    Verizon Center
                    Gutterson Fieldhouse
                    Matthews Arena
                    Thompson Arena
                    Mullins Center
                    Alfond Arena
                    Schneider Arena
                    Magness Arena
                    Ingallas Arena
                    Hart Center
                    Prudential Center
                    TD Bank Sports Center
                    John A Ryan
                    Lynah Rink
                    Appleton Arena
                    Cheel Arena
                    Germain Arena
                    XL Center
                    Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
                      I do not either. SO i going to try and get a confirm for you on this one.
                      I appreciate all the help you, as well as the other posters, have given towards this effort.

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                        Dartmouth released their schedule: http://www.dartmouthsports.com/Sport...&Q_SEASON=2016

Interestingly, this seems to mark a change from ECACHL schedules of the past. It was always that who you played on Friday night would alternate with the other travel partner for home and away. This time however, Dartmouth has Princeton on Friday home and away (instead of say, Princeton home Friday, Quinnipiac away Friday), Colgate on Fridays, Brown on Fridays.

So unless Dartmouth is wrong, a lot of the series in the Google doc need to be flipped - I'm bummed because it means both Harvard-Cornell games are on Fridays and I definitely can't get to either.

Edit: As Ralph said below, Dartmouth is most likely wrong.
                        It also appears as though the Ledyard Classic is NOT set opponents, since they list their opponent as UMass-Lowell/Colgate for the 2nd night.
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                          It also appears as though the Ledyard Classic is NOT set opponents, since they list their opponent as UMass-Lowell/Colgate for the 2nd night.
                          We've already figured out that list isn't very trustworthy, especially if Ralph's calling it that.

Comment

Update on Minnesota/Minnesota State series.

Correct series date is 11/18 @ MSU Mavericks, 11/19 @ Minnesota. So the WCHA site is wrong and the Mavericks site has the correct dates.
                            http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...schedule-notes

The link is from Nate Wells.
                            Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              We've already figured out that list isn't very trustworthy, especially if Ralph's calling it that.
                              The dates of the ECAC games weren't considered trustworthy, I'd like to think that Dartmouth knows who they are playing in a tournament they are hosting. From the release accompanying the schedule:

The 28th Annual Ledyard Classic will take over Thompson on the final two days of 2016 as Army West Point, UMass Lowell and Colgate come to the Upper Valley on Dec. 30-31. The Green and White will meet up with the Black Knights on the first day and will play either the River Hawks or Raiders the following evening. More information regarding start times of Ledyard Games will be announced in the near future.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                The dates of the ECAC games weren't considered trustworthy, I'd like to think that Dartmouth knows who they are playing in a tournament they are hosting. From the release accompanying the schedule:
                                To add to this, Lowell's schedule indicates it's not a fixed opponent tournament this year as well. I doubt both schedules are wrong.

Also, I know fixed opponents has been the traditional format, but why is a change in format so unbelievable? ECAC teams face each other in other holiday tournaments from time to time, don't they?
                                Last edited by Middle Street; 05-19-2016, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X