Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 3/11 & 3/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 3/11 & 3/12

Little known fact: The secret word in The Shining in any direction is in reference to all things UW, but subtle like all good commentary.

I'm not so clever so Better Dead Than Red!!

Comment

I just can't believe the garbage play from Wisconsin. If you can't play the gd game w/out boarding or checking from behind get the hell off the team...but this can be stopped by Eaves. He just doesn't care.

I'm tired of this team losing, I'm tired of their undisciplined play and what a great (well not really great) irony that Sauer's teams lacked discipline and that was part of the reason he was fired, and now Eaves' teams end on the same note.

I hope Bischoff (sp?) is ok

EDIT: wouldn't you know it, I have a minor meltdown after the hit on Bischoff and Wisconsin suddenly starts to play decently. didn't see that coming.
      Last edited by solovsfett; 03-11-2016, 08:27 PM.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        I just can't believe the garbage play from Wisconsin. If you can't play the gd game w/out boarding or checking from behind get the hell off the team...but this can be stopped by Eaves. He just doesn't care.

I'm tired of this team losing, I'm tired of their undisciplined play and what a great (well not really great) irony that Sauer's teams lacked discipline and that was part of the reason he was fired, and now Eaves' teams end on the same note.

I hope Bischoff (sp?) is ok
        I heard the new chant at mariucci starts with a "B" and ends with an "ooooooooooooo"
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Happy bought the refs hookers and some blow.

Comment

I was going to say that was a make up call for the Wisconsin not off sides, but the reply showed that a Gopher was offsides.

Is that really reviewable?

Comment

Tee hee!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                I was going to say that was a make up call for the Wisconsin not off sides, but the reply showed that a Gopher was offsides.

Is that really reviewable?
                The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved several changes to the criteria for allowing video replay in men’s and women’s ice hockey, effective for the 2014-15 season.

The replay changes were recommended by the Men’s and Women’s Ice Hockey Rules Committee during its meeting in June as part of a number of recommendations intended to improve the game and were circulated to coaches and conferences for comment prior to PROP’s approval.

The added scenarios are:

• If an offsides or too many men on the ice penalty is missed and a goal is scored, the play may be reviewed if the puck remains in the offensive zone after the missed infraction. If the puck leaves the attacking zone, the offsides or too many men on the ice penalty is no longer reviewable. This replaces the previous wording that only allowed a review if the missed play directly led to a goal.

Comment

The announcers mentioned several times that the Gophers only path to the NCAAs is to win the B1G Tourney.

It's also our only path.

Funny they never mentioned it.

Comment

Well that's going to leave a mark...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      You guys are really pessimistic.

Gophers get swept.

100%
                      Good call.

Comment

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdUXmn0VAAEg5Kh.jpg:large

Huh.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          Good call.
                          Gurt knows hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                            The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved several changes to the criteria for allowing video replay in men’s and women’s ice hockey, effective for the 2014-15 season.

The replay changes were recommended by the Men’s and Women’s Ice Hockey Rules Committee during its meeting in June as part of a number of recommendations intended to improve the game and were circulated to coaches and conferences for comment prior to PROP’s approval.

The added scenarios are:

• If an offsides or too many men on the ice penalty is missed and a goal is scored, the play may be reviewed if the puck remains in the offensive zone after the missed infraction. If the puck leaves the attacking zone, the offsides or too many men on the ice penalty is no longer reviewable. This replaces the previous wording that only allowed a review if the missed play directly led to a goal.
                            Thanks. I seem to remember the updated upset net rule- that part of the goal was clean, for sure. But it was later they showed the offsides.

Comment

Since WI was clearly onside with ~15 seconds left if the MN goal had counted I think Eaves would have spontaneously combusted......so the win really was a loss for the badgers.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                Since WI was clearly onside with ~15 seconds left if the MN goal had counted I think Eaves would have spontaneously combusted......so the win really was a loss for the badgers.
                                Ha, well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X