PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 3/11 & 3/12

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Bonin21
03-08-2016, 10:54 PM
Acceptable ticket prices for Big Ten teams:
UMN: <= $10
uw: < -$10

I feel like the average even when other teams are factored in may be $0.

The Rube
03-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Acceptable ticket prices for Big Ten teams:
UMN: <= $10
uw: < -$10

I feel like the average even when other teams are factored in may be $0.

SRO was $35 minimum for "non-premium" games. IIRC, it was closer to $45 for WI, originally. That's insane. No way I'd pay that. Honestly, if it were $20-25 for SRO? I'd probably go.

Bonin21
03-08-2016, 10:57 PM
The SRO strategy definitely flies at Mariucci with the no shows (highly concentrated in the high donation sections).

Stauber1
03-08-2016, 11:20 PM
SRO was $35 minimum for "non-premium" games. IIRC, it was closer to $45 for WI, originally. That's insane. No way I'd pay that. Honestly, if it were $20-25 for SRO? I'd probably go.

The last year of the WCHA SRO for both the Wisco and the UND series were $50 a game. My old man still had season tickets for Fridays so I went with him those nights, but I shelled out the $50 per game for the Saturday games just because I knew the place was going to be overflowing and tickets on the street totally outrageous with it being the last year of the conference.

Totally worth it. The UND game was a great, hard fought tie. And I still have visions from that MacNaughton clinching game against the Badgers of Schmidt laying out to keep that puck in and then absolutely unloading for the game winner. That was the loudest I have ever heard that building. God **** I miss those WCHA days...

But yeah. Those were special circumstances. $50 for SRO is a joke, and even more so since the move to the Big 10.

The Rube
03-08-2016, 11:32 PM
The last year of the WCHA SRO for both the Wisco and the UND series were $50 a game. My old man still had season tickets for Fridays so I went with him those nights, but I shelled out the $50 per game for the Saturday games just because I knew the place was going to be overflowing and tickets on the street totally outrageous with it being the last year of the conference.

Totally worth it. The UND game was a great, hard fought tie. And I still have visions from that MacNaughton clinching game against the Badgers of Schmidt laying out to keep that puck in and then absolutely unloading for the game winner. That was the loudest I have ever heard that building. God **** I miss those WCHA days...

But yeah. Those were special circumstances. $50 for SRO is a joke, and even more so since the move to the Big 10.

A couple years ago, MTU was the last series. Scalpers weren't budging from the face value. Flat out told them "I know who's coming from MTU." I can buy SRO cheaper, and sit 3 rows from the ice in the MTU section." They didn't budge. Their loss.

D2D
03-08-2016, 11:51 PM
The way this season has gone, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see the Badgers sweep, leaving the Gophers with even fainter hope of winning the B1G Tourney to get into the NCAA's. Hope I'm wrong, and instead the Gophers sweep and come away from this weekend with all kinds of momentum entering the league tourney.

Koho
03-09-2016, 06:07 AM
The way this season has gone, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see the Badgers sweep, leaving the Gophers with even fainter hope of winning the B1G Tourney to get into the NCAA's. Hope I'm wrong, and instead the Gophers sweep and come away from this weekend with all kinds of momentum entering the league tourney.

I know what you mean. After looking like they were putting things together mid-season, they look more like the early season team lately. Only 1 of the last 4 games did they play well. Doesn't instill confidence.

5mn_Major
03-09-2016, 10:19 AM

I guess your half kidding, but no, no, no. The Gophers can collapse like the worst of 'em, but they do have some pretty decent talent. MSU on the road is always a trap...and doubly so without Bristedt and with MI's loss. Really should sweep this weekend...even at the risk of a jinx, they will not get swept.

Happy
03-09-2016, 11:15 AM
After Kunin, Wisconsin has no one. and, one would assume, the headhunting done by Wisconsin last time is going to be watched by the refs this time.

Timothy A
03-09-2016, 12:33 PM
After Kunin, Wisconsin has no one. and, one would assume, the headhunting done by Wisconsin last time is going to be watched by the refs this time.

I am hopeful that all penalties are called, period. Let's not paint UW with a green and white brush, it isn't like UW is the eastern version of the sue, that is far from the case. And let's not forget that all the rodent players aren't choir boys either.

MadCityRich
03-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Can't we just called it a season and start looking for our new coach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esCvMOMAFf0

Gurtholfin
03-09-2016, 12:46 PM
I am hopeful that all penalties are called, period. Let's not paint UW with a green and white brush, it isn't like UW is the eastern version of the sue, that is far from the case. And let's not forget that all the rodent players aren't choir boys either.

Gopher fans are whiny *****es though.

Almington
03-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Gopher fans are whiny *****es though.

Which is why someone would have to pay me at LEAST $50 to watch either of this weekends games.

BadgerHockey9
03-09-2016, 12:57 PM

Yeah no one assisted Kunin on any of his goals....

D2D
03-09-2016, 01:41 PM
The Gophers can collapse like the worst of 'em, but they do have some pretty decent talent...Really should sweep this weekend...
As you say, the Gophers can collapse like the worst of 'em. The fact that they do have some pretty decent talent only makes their tendency to collapse that much more puzzling, and frustrating for their diehard fans, like me. Yes, they really should sweep this weekend, especially at home, but seriously how much would you bet on it?

Happy
03-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Yeah no one assisted Kunin on any of his goals....

Wisconsin has two players that have scored GWG in the Big Ten this year. They had the same last year. You had one recruit left that wasn't worth stealing, and that was Kunin. I hope Barry keeps your coach until his contract runs out.

ScoobyDoo
03-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Epic Showdown.

Minnesota collapses and they lose the regular season title. A regular season title they could win in a conference so epically bad that they have no way of getting an at large tournament berth.

Wisconsin gets swept by Minnesota again and they continue to put the Alvarez stamp on college hockey in the United States. Way to go, Barry!!!!!!

It's must see TV.

SteveO
03-09-2016, 03:10 PM
I was reading recently that the Madison Capital Times reported last week that attendance for Badger home games has dropped 19 percent since last season, 39 percent since 2006-07 and the teamís net profit has dropped from $1.179 million in the 2011-12 school year to just $38,502 last season. Amazing.

Rumor has it Barry is very excited about his new book is coming out soon on Amazon, "How I Turned A Million Dollars in Revenue into $25 in Cash".;)

ScoobyDoo
03-09-2016, 03:12 PM
I was reading recently that the Madison Capital Times reported last week that attendance for Badger home games has dropped 19 percent since last season, 39 percent since 2006-07 and the teamís net profit has dropped from $1.179 million in the 2011-12 school year to just $38,502 last season. Amazing.

Rumor has it Barry is very excited about his new book is coming out soon on Amazon, "How I Turned A Million Dollars in Revenue into $25 in Cash".;)

I heard Barry is talking an extension for Eaves after the season is over.

drop_the_puck
03-09-2016, 03:55 PM
I heard Barry is talking an extension for Eaves after the season is over.

Just joking about that drives Wisconsin fans to the thinner.