X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 3/11 & 3/12

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    Are you sure? And you do suck.
    Sure about what? That he doesn't get the obsession, or that the two schools aren't rivals anymore? Or that it's never coming back? You need to better clarify.

And the Gophers suck? The Gophers are higher in the PWR than over 70% of the teams on UND's schedule. Pretty strange for a team that plays in such an uber conference...

If the Gophers suck then UND has done nothing but beat up on truly horrible teams.

Comment

Wrong! UND has done more than beat up on truly horrible teams. They've also lost to a truly horrible team.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        UND fans have had to admit it plenty of times in the past, and I hope they will when it happens again.
        Wrong. LOLOL!!!!
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          Congrats on your 3 gold medals in the special olympics league.
          This one made me chuckle.......
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
            And the Gophers suck? The Gophers are higher in the PWR than over 70% of the teams on UND's schedule. Pretty strange for a team that plays in such an uber conference...

If the Gophers suck then UND has done nothing but beat up on truly horrible teams.
            Yet UND manages to have a better SOS than Minnesota. I guess Quinnipiac, Providence, and Boston College are all overrated as well with having a SOS of 16, 17, and 14 respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              Yet UND manages to have a better SOS than Minnesota.
              What is a "better" SOS? Gophers are 7, UND is 14.
              Last edited by SteveO; 03-14-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

7 of the top 8 SOS are NCHC. UND had a cupcake non-conf schedule. No way to spin that.

The difference between 7th and 14th is not huge, and obviously UND is a way better team.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                  What is a "better" SOS? Gophers are 7, UND is 14.
                  Where did you look? I checked USCHO first but there seems to be a discrepancy. USCHO has UND at 15, Minnesota at 13. CHN and SiouxSports.com has North Dakota at 12 and Minnesota at 15. Since the latter two were matching, I figured they were more current.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/krach.php
                  http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/krach/

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  7 of the top 8 SOS are NCHC. UND had a cupcake non-conf schedule. No way to spin that.

The difference between 7th and 14th is not huge, and obviously UND is a way better team.
                  Not spinning anything. Just pointing out the fact that UND still managed to have a decent SOS. Also, based on what you said...the NCHC is like the SEC of college hockey! Might as well schedule ooc cupcakes since just going to beat each other up in conference play. Sorry, had to make fun of that SEC football logic.
                  Last edited by SiouxFanatic; 03-14-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                    Where did you look? I checked USCHO first but there seems to be a discrepancy. USCHO has UND at 15, Minnesota at 13. CHN and SiouxSports.com has North Dakota at 12 and Minnesota at 15. Since the latter two were matching, I figured they were more current.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/krach.php
                    http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/krach/

Not spinning anything. Just pointing out the fact that UND still managed to have a decent SOS. Also, based on what you said...the NCHC is like the SEC of college hockey! Might as well schedule ooc cupcakes since just going to beat each other up in conference play. Sorry, had to make fun of that SEC football logic.
                    Well, if you are in favor of a logistic regression and parametrics, then KRACH is your statistical methodology. If you're not interested in satisfying statistical assumptions of normality [nonparametric] then the RPI and pairwise comparisons currently used in NCAA men's ice hockey would be your reference. If you'd like to discuss the merits of both from a PhD advanced level stats perspective I'd be more than happy to engage. But not on this site.

Comment

so glad that we have this thread to discuss the Wisconsin vs Minnesota game

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        so glad that we have this thread to discuss the Wisconsin vs Minnesota game
                        Get your own thread: this one is for Nodaks.

Comment

Isn't every thread with Minnesota in the title?

Comment

....................,/¯../
                            .................../..../
                            ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
                            ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
                            ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
                            .........\.................'...../
                            ..........''...\.......... _.·´
                            ............\..............(
                            ..............\.............\...

Comment

they miss us. Without the Big Ten schools, they are just a no name conference that 350 millions Americans have never heard of. the average American knows St. Cloud is in Florida, and North Dakota is in Canada.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                                they miss us. Without the Big Ten schools, they are just a no name conference that 350 millions Americans have never heard of. the average American knows St. Cloud is in Florida, and North Dakota is in Canada.
                                Didn't your merry band of yellow and maroon clad losers get swept by every NCHC team they faced so far this year?
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X