Hockey East QFs: Boston University @ Lowell 3/11(NESN ASN) ,12,13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    If last's night's announcer wasn't our usual Friday one, he certainly carried himself in the same robotic and boring tone. Hope the Saturday guy is there tonight.
    We were supposed to have John Dolan, the announcer you like for the entire weekend, but it looks like he was sick last night. https://mobile.twitter.com/jfdolan3/...11880570642432

That would explain why the replacement was so bad.

Hopefully he feels better tonight!
    Last edited by Middle Street; 03-12-2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Re: Hockey East QFs: Boston University @ Lowell 3/11(NESN ASN) ,12,13

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      We were supposed to have John Dolan, the announcer you like for the entire weekend, but it looks like he was sick last night. https://mobile.twitter.com/jfdolan3/...11880570642432

That would explain why the replacement was so bad.

Hopefully he feels better tonight!
      My fingers are crossed.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        If last's night's announcer wasn't our usual Friday one, he certainly carried himself in the same robotic and boring tone. Hope the Saturday guy is there tonight.
        The guy last night is named Pete Mundy, and I've known him for quite some time (I used to work with him). He usually does radio and high school football PA. He also fills in as the Spinners PA sometimes.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
          I didn't notice anything with the scoreboard; what was going on that I missed?
          The first penalty that was put on the board as 1:30, which is the length of penalty time for high school games. When Lowell had a penalty, then got another one, scorekeeper guy put :20 up instead of 2:00. They had to clear both out and then repost them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            The first penalty that was put on the board as 1:30, which is the length of penalty time for high school games. When Lowell had a penalty, then got another one, scorekeeper guy put :20 up instead of 2:00. They had to clear both out and then repost them.
            OH! Yeah, those I did notice.

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
            Hopefully he (good announcer guy) feels better tonight!
            Hear hear!
            Last edited by Go-UML; 03-12-2016, 09:45 AM.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Ewwww? Will you be able to go tonight? And seriously? You had to miss the game babysitting an Amherst *****hat? Why didn't you bring him to the game and show him what it's like to have a hockey team?
              Tonight is dinner with faculty at a sportish bar. Unfortunately being 2k miles away makes it pretty impossible to be at any game prior to Tampa.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Lowell Sun and Boston Globe game one recaps.

Also Mill City Sports and USCHO recaps.
                Last edited by riverchief1; 03-12-2016, 10:25 AM.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  Tonight is dinner with faculty at a sportish bar. Unfortunately being 2k miles away makes it pretty impossible to be at any game prior to Tampa.
                  take up smoking so you can listen to the game for 5 minutes at a time every 20 minutes or so
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Was good to see Susie (Suzie?) and other long-time BU fans at Beer Works before the game.

How many heading to the game today?
                    Susie as in Susanne. The 'z' ticks her off. We hope to get there by 5.

Nice to see you guys and to meet riverchief1.

How late does the Sunday brunch serve?
                    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post

I think the two Boston Beer Works locations also have Sunday brunch menu items so you wouldn't have to drive all the way up to Lowell just for brunch, no need to go out of your way.
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        The guy last night is named Pete Mundy, and I've known him for quite some time (I used to work with him). He usually does radio and high school football PA. He also fills in as the Spinners PA sometimes.
                        When he first came on I could've sworn it was Sean McDonough.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Good announcer tonight!

John Dolan@jfdolan3
                          @rhawk64 @kristencalvetti @RiverHawkHockey Voice may be scratchy, but I'll be there tonight!
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                            Susie as in Susanne. The 'z' ticks her off. We hope to get there by 5.

Nice to see you guys and to meet riverchief1.

game will start at 4p. so eat and walk around while smoking a butt. get a beer or two. no problem
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Driving (passenger Scarlet :P) up on rt 3, and a BU fan is waving a BU scarf out of his window.

Cool.

Comment

• Lowell up 2-0 and Jasmine visited us in section 107!
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X