PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East QFs: Boston University @ Lowell 3/11(NESN ASN) ,12,13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Scarlet
03-12-2016, 07:08 PM
UML offsides on that third goal but refs making up for all of UML's perceived slights in the past and let's goal stand. :)

mookie1995
03-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Lowell up 2-0 and Jasmine visited us in section 107!

She ain't been here to console Mookie atop 110 :(

leswp1
03-12-2016, 08:39 PM
UML offsides on that third goal but refs making up for all of UML's perceived slights in the past and let's goal stand. :)

Wouldn't be a game against BU without someone getting screwed on a goal review :p

I agree, he was offsides. Both lil and I thought it should have been called back.

Patman
03-12-2016, 08:49 PM
welp, hopefully we'll see each other in tampa... don't like the team and the program but you guys are usually good fun.

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Wouldn't be a game against BU without someone getting screwed on a goal review :p

I agree, he was offsides. Both lil and I thought it should have been called back.

A lot of us in 107 were convinced it would be a no goal and were surprised after the review. But it was a pretty sweet play, goal or not.

Scarlet
03-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Regardless if it was offsides, LaCouvee should've had that. And in the end, it didn't matter. Good luck at the Garden! Trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my free weekend.

Rhett Hot
03-12-2016, 10:04 PM
Good couple of wins Lowell.

Officiating aside, your guys brought it, ours didn't.

Not necessarily pulling for you guys, but regardless I wish you luck at the Garden! :)

brassbonanza
03-12-2016, 10:09 PM

Did he have control of the puck when he crossed the line going backwards? If so, by rule he is on side.

Go-UML
03-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Did he have control of the puck when he crossed the line going backwards? If so, by rule he is on side.Really? The person with control of the puck is automatically onsides regardless of how they cross it?

I must have missed that rule change as I was also **** sure it would be called back.

Rhett Hot
03-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Did he have control of the puck when he crossed the line going backwards? If so, by rule he is on side.

I thought about that. I thought the puck was still in the air when he crossed the blue line but since he was the only one that would've controlled it I assumed the refs deemed that as in control of the puck.

I know it's supposed to be clearly in control, but not surprised, given the reffing.

Did I read that wrong?

brassbonanza
03-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Really? The person with control of the puck is automatically onsides regardless of how they cross it?

I must have missed that rule change as I was also **** sure it would be called back.

As far as I know, and I confirmed this with my friend at the game who's a former ref, you're allowed to enter the zone skating backwards so long as you have complete control of the puck.

Rhett Hot: I didn't see the play clearly enough, but if he's bobbling it, it's bouncing around, or it has not reached him yet then it absolutely is offside.

Patman
03-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Really? The person with control of the puck is automatically onsides regardless of how they cross it?

there was an earlier play that was similar... the one where the Lowell player went skating backwards into the offensive zone and then put between his legs to himself

edit: I will say that this just adds to the "what the heck are the actual rules" fog I've been in since I started watching Lowell hockey... I recall it being a lot clearer to understand when I was watching AHL hockey

Go-UML
03-12-2016, 10:24 PM
As far as I know, and I confirmed this with my friend at the game who's a former ref, you're allowed to enter the zone skating backwards so long as you have complete control of the puck.

Rhett Hot: I didn't see the play clearly enough, but if he's bobbling it, it's bouncing around, or it has not reached him yet then it absolutely is offside.That would explain the quick review. Just needed to check for control and that's it.

brassbonanza
03-12-2016, 10:26 PM
That would explain the quick review. Just needed to check for control and that's it.

Pretty much, yeah. Control and that he gained control before his skates crossed the line.

Thiessen'sBetter
03-13-2016, 12:38 AM
Pretty much, yeah. Control and that he gained control before his skates crossed the line.

But did he make a "hockey move" and was there an element of time? :D

In related news, the NFL is dumb.

brassbonanza
03-13-2016, 01:09 AM
But did he make a "hockey move" and was there an element of time? :D

In related news, the NFL is dumb.

He did not maintain control of the puck all the way down to the ice, therefore he was offside.

leswp1
03-13-2016, 08:01 AM
Turns out the rule is - if you have control of the puck you can back in which then made me ask why the BU guy was offsides 2 minutes earlier. I can't remember if he had the puck first though

edit- Never posted this last night. looks like I am Johnny come lately

pressbox
03-13-2016, 08:11 AM
He did not maintain control of the puck all the way down to the ice, therefore he was offside.

Based on the review, he was a fraction of an inch from being offside. It was like scoring a goal with 0.1 seconds left on the clock, it was that close. Believe me, the review was going frame by frame and there was nothing conclusive to overturn the call.

leswp1
03-13-2016, 08:14 AM
It is not a game until there is a controversy around a goal. :p

riverchief1
03-13-2016, 08:20 AM
It is not a game until there is a controversy around a goal. :p

You mean "...not a Lowell/BU game..."