Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East QFs: Boston University @ Lowell 3/11(NESN ASN) ,12,13

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    Ewwww? Will you be able to go tonight? And seriously? You had to miss the game babysitting an Amherst *****hat? Why didn't you bring him to the game and show him what it's like to have a hockey team?
    I'd start needling him about the proper way to torch a 2003 honda civic
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Hopefully the pattern of having the far better announcer for Saturday night games at Tsongas continues tonight. I don't think I can take another game of the Friday monotone robotic announcer.

And we need more Jasmine as it will be Mookie's last game seeing her tonight for the season unless he heads to the Garden next week as a casual fan.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        And we need more Jasmine as it will be Mookie's last game seeing her tonight for the season unless he heads to the Garden next week as a casual fan.
        agree with that. Jasmine needs to move around the rink too. 1st period we sat in 101 and she was all over the place. After that we moved to the section where the terriers band was and -nada-.
        Jasmine must leave early cause didn't see her on the screen during the 3rd

Shame to hide the candle under a bushel!!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Hopefully the pattern of having the far better announcer for Saturday night games at Tsongas continues tonight. I don't think I can take another game of the Friday monotone robotic announcer.
          You guys don't have one announcer? And what was up with the scoreboard issues? Did Tsongas host some high school games last week?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            You guys don't have one announcer? And what was up with the scoreboard issues? Did Tsongas host some high school games last week?
            The regular announcer for the past few years moved on. It's been sort of "announcer by committee" this year and it's finally settled in with the boring guy last night and on Saturdays, we use the one from the Garden you hear for the HE championships. Unfortunately he must not be available Fridays.

Don't know what was up with the scoreboard. There were extra HE people behind the glass last night like Bunyon running video review along with our usual guy so maybe too many cooks in the kitchen led to some goof ups. That's all I can think of as normally never any issues with putting up penalties, etc.

Yes, some of the Super Eight MIAA was there I believe last week.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

mookie has to try the nacho bar tonight!!! walked by it last evening, but was already carrying a powdered explosion cake, popcorn, and beer. after mookie set those down he got ice cream and a pulled pork sangy and didn't have time to walk back and get buffeted

Comment

It was all screwed up last night- wrong cues for the various cameras, not showing Jasmine when she was talking (I thought of mookie), etc. I don't think the usual crew was working last night.

mook- why would she visit a section 'full' of BU fans? You need to sit with the faithful of the correct team

Speaking of which- as a fan of multiple years- it is nice when the other team scores not to have the arena erupt like it wasn't the home venue. I was surprised by how few BU fans there were. Same with when we played BC. I think we finally have built a fan base
                Last edited by leswp1; 03-12-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  It was all screwed up last night- wrong cues for the various cameras, not showing Jasmine when she was talking (I thought of mookie), etc. I don't think the usual crew was working last night.

mook- why would she visit a section full of BU fans? You need to sit with the faithful of the correct team
                  she was in that 101-103 corner all night. there are other areas of 'go blue'ers' out there

and she should venture out into the visitors at times. never know who she might run into

Comment

Not that there weren't BU fans but they didn't outnumber ours

Comment

• Re: Hockey East QFs: Boston University @ Lowell 3/11(NESN ASN) ,12,13

no pity party here les!!!

y'all have a nice rink and a team that has been very good now for a couple years. only natural that you get a base and draw fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        mookie has to try the nacho bar tonight!!! walked by it last evening, but was already carrying a powdered explosion cake, popcorn, and beer. after mookie set those down he got ice cream and a pulled pork sangy and didn't have time to walk back and get buffeted
                        Yes, nacho bar was a nice addition this season, very good. You must try.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

y'all have a nice rink and a team that has been very good now for a couple years. only natural that you get a base and draw fans.
                          Yes, we are no longer UNH South where it used to be like a home game for them and UML would actively market to UNH fans to get them to come down to get $ and put bodies in seats.
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Not that there weren't BU fans but they didn't outnumber ours
                            Yeah, it's nice Hope it continues tonight when it'll be easier for fans from Boston to get there.

The regular announcer for the past few years moved on. It's been sort of "announcer by committee" this year and it's finally settled in with the boring guy last night and on Saturdays, we use the one from the Garden you hear for the HE championships. Unfortunately he must not be available Fridays.

Don't know what was up with the scoreboard. There were extra HE people behind the glass last night like Bunyon running video review along with our usual guy so maybe too many cooks in the kitchen led to some goof ups. That's all I can think of as normally never any issues with putting up penalties, etc.

Yes, some of the Super Eight MIAA was there I believe last week.
                            I didn't recognize the guy from last night at all, actually, but didn't like him at all. I didn't notice anything with the scoreboard; what was going on that I missed?

Also, the MIAA games were as late as Thursday; they were starting to arrive as I was picking up some tickets for people on the way home from work.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Rooting for the Chiefs (I am not a river pigeon) I have an ingrained inferiority complex. Sort of like rooting for the Sox. People lil's age can't remember when they sucked. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around them being consistently good.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post

I didn't recognize the guy from last night at all, actually, but didn't like him at all. I didn't notice anything with the scoreboard; what was going on that I missed?

Also, the MIAA games were as late as Thursday; they were starting to arrive as I was picking up some tickets for people on the way home from work.
                                If last's night's announcer wasn't our usual Friday one, he certainly carried himself in the same robotic and boring tone. Hope the Saturday guy is there tonight.

A couple times with the score board they put up the wrong penalty time and so on. I chalk it up to extra guys behind the glass that were messing things up for our usual crew in there. The only other thing was on the screen when they'd go to a crowd shot and the wireless camera would be all fuzzy but that's been a problem many times this season.
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X