PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East QFs: Boston University @ Lowell 3/11(NESN ASN) ,12,13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 08:15 AM
mookie has to try the nacho bar tonight!!! walked by it last evening, but was already carrying a powdered explosion cake, popcorn, and beer. after mookie set those down he got ice cream and a pulled pork sangy and didn't have time to walk back and get buffeted :(

Yes, nacho bar was a nice addition this season, very good. You must try.

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 08:16 AM
no pity party here les!!!

y'all have a nice rink and a team that has been very good now for a couple years. only natural that you get a base and draw fans.

Yes, we are no longer UNH South where it used to be like a home game for them and UML would actively market to UNH fans to get them to come down to get $ and put bodies in seats.

Go-UML
03-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Not that there weren't BU fans but they didn't outnumber ours :DYeah, it's nice :) Hope it continues tonight when it'll be easier for fans from Boston to get there.

The regular announcer for the past few years moved on. It's been sort of "announcer by committee" this year and it's finally settled in with the boring guy last night and on Saturdays, we use the one from the Garden you hear for the HE championships. Unfortunately he must not be available Fridays. :(

Don't know what was up with the scoreboard. There were extra HE people behind the glass last night like Bunyon running video review along with our usual guy so maybe too many cooks in the kitchen led to some goof ups. That's all I can think of as normally never any issues with putting up penalties, etc.

Yes, some of the Super Eight MIAA was there I believe last week.I didn't recognize the guy from last night at all, actually, but didn't like him at all. I didn't notice anything with the scoreboard; what was going on that I missed?

Also, the MIAA games were as late as Thursday; they were starting to arrive as I was picking up some tickets for people on the way home from work.

leswp1
03-12-2016, 08:27 AM
no pity party here les!!!

y'all have a nice rink and a team that has been very good now for a couple years. only natural that you get a base and draw fans.Rooting for the Chiefs (I am not a river pigeon) I have an ingrained inferiority complex. Sort of like rooting for the Sox. People lil's age can't remember when they sucked. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around them being consistently good.

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 08:42 AM
I didn't recognize the guy from last night at all, actually, but didn't like him at all. I didn't notice anything with the scoreboard; what was going on that I missed?

Also, the MIAA games were as late as Thursday; they were starting to arrive as I was picking up some tickets for people on the way home from work.

If last's night's announcer wasn't our usual Friday one, he certainly carried himself in the same robotic and boring tone. Hope the Saturday guy is there tonight.

A couple times with the score board they put up the wrong penalty time and so on. I chalk it up to extra guys behind the glass that were messing things up for our usual crew in there. The only other thing was on the screen when they'd go to a crowd shot and the wireless camera would be all fuzzy but that's been a problem many times this season.

Middle Street
03-12-2016, 08:59 AM
If last's night's announcer wasn't our usual Friday one, he certainly carried himself in the same robotic and boring tone. Hope the Saturday guy is there tonight.

We were supposed to have John Dolan, the announcer you like for the entire weekend, but it looks like he was sick last night. https://mobile.twitter.com/jfdolan3/status/708411880570642432

That would explain why the replacement was so bad.

Hopefully he feels better tonight!

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 09:17 AM
We were supposed to have John Dolan, the announcer you like for the entire weekend, but it looks like he was sick last night. https://mobile.twitter.com/jfdolan3/status/708411880570642432

That would explain why the replacement was so bad.

Hopefully he feels better tonight!

My fingers are crossed.

ScottK
03-12-2016, 09:31 AM

The guy last night is named Pete Mundy (http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2009/10/29/high_school_football_announcer_peter_mundy_is_know n_as_the_voice_of_natick/), and I've known him for quite some time (I used to work with him). He usually does radio and high school football PA. He also fills in as the Spinners PA sometimes.

Scarlet
03-12-2016, 09:38 AM
I didn't notice anything with the scoreboard; what was going on that I missed?

The first penalty that was put on the board as 1:30, which is the length of penalty time for high school games. When Lowell had a penalty, then got another one, scorekeeper guy put :20 up instead of 2:00. They had to clear both out and then repost them.

Go-UML
03-12-2016, 09:42 AM
The first penalty that was put on the board as 1:30, which is the length of penalty time for high school games. When Lowell had a penalty, then got another one, scorekeeper guy put :20 up instead of 2:00. They had to clear both out and then repost them.OH! Yeah, those I did notice.

Hopefully he (good announcer guy) feels better tonight!Hear hear!

UML Puck Hawk
03-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Ewwww? Will you be able to go tonight? And seriously? You had to miss the game babysitting an Amherst *****hat? Why didn't you bring him to the game and show him what it's like to have a hockey team?

Tonight is dinner with faculty at a sportish bar. Unfortunately being 2k miles away makes it pretty impossible to be at any game prior to Tampa.

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Lowell Sun (http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_29630350/net-result-river-hawks-jump-up) and Boston Globe (https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/03/11/buhock/y0nngYoI4j5DwQFDC5gwWI/story.html#comments) game one recaps.

Also Mill City Sports (http://millcitysports.com/articles/18928-umass-lowell-takes-down-boston-university-leads-quarterfinals-1-0) and USCHO (http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2016/03/11/no-11-massachusetts-lowell-uses-power-play-to-open-hockey-east-quarterfinals-and-stymie-no-8-boston-university/) recaps.

Patman
03-12-2016, 10:18 AM
Tonight is dinner with faculty at a sportish bar. Unfortunately being 2k miles away makes it pretty impossible to be at any game prior to Tampa.

take up smoking so you can listen to the game for 5 minutes at a time every 20 minutes or so

BU2K
03-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Was good to see Susie (Suzie?) and other long-time BU fans at Beer Works before the game. :)

How many heading to the game today?

Susie as in Susanne. The 'z' ticks her off. We hope to get there by 5.

Nice to see you guys and to meet riverchief1.

How late does the Sunday brunch serve? :)

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 11:42 AM

I think the two Boston Beer Works locations also have Sunday brunch menu items so you wouldn't have to drive all the way up to Lowell just for brunch, no need to go out of your way. :D

brassbonanza
03-12-2016, 12:32 PM
The guy last night is named Pete Mundy (http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2009/10/29/high_school_football_announcer_peter_mundy_is_know n_as_the_voice_of_natick/), and I've known him for quite some time (I used to work with him). He usually does radio and high school football PA. He also fills in as the Spinners PA sometimes.

When he first came on I could've sworn it was Sean McDonough.

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Good announcer tonight!

John Dolan@jfdolan3
@rhawk64 @kristencalvetti @RiverHawkHockey Voice may be scratchy, but I'll be there tonight!

mookie1995
03-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Susie as in Susanne. The 'z' ticks her off. We hope to get there by 5.

Nice to see you guys and to meet riverchief1.

game will start at 4p. so eat and walk around while smoking a butt. get a beer or two. no problem :)

Rhett Hot
03-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Driving (passenger Scarlet :P) up on rt 3, and a BU fan is waving a BU scarf out of his window.

Cool.

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Lowell up 2-0 and Jasmine visited us in section 107!