• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC Playoffs: RPI @ Harvard 3/11, 3/12, and maybe 3/13

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: ECAC Playoffs: RPI @ Harvard 3/11, 3/12, and maybe 3/13

About time Ralph. i waited a full 45 seconds for this thread after Clarkson won tonight. Should be an interesting weekend. i just feel more than most series that the first night is even more crucial than usual. These two teams played 3 times this year and one game was not close. The RPI defense is going to have to win this if possible. Kasdorf will have to be, well, Kasdorf. The defense will have to be able to handle a very fast and potent offense coming in at them. Most like we will be grossly out shot and lose perhaps 65% of the face offs. But i still see this as a most competitive set of games and even if it is a sweep one way or the other, this could be quite a match up.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      About time Ralph. i waited a full 45 seconds for this thread after Clarkson won tonight. Should be an interesting weekend. i just feel more than most series that the first night is even more crucial than usual. These two teams played 3 times this year and one game was not close. The RPI defense is going to have to win this if possible. Kasdorf will have to be, well, Kasdorf. The defense will have to be able to handle a very fast and potent offense coming in at them. Most like we will be grossly out shot and lose perhaps 65% of the face offs. But i still see this as a most competitive set of games and even if it is a sweep one way or the other, this could be quite a match up.
      Sorry. I am listening to the Estevan-Weyburn game. Charlie Manley is having a good game.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

IMO Lonnie Clary played a fantastic game tonight. I’ld have no problem leaving him in the lineup.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Sorry. I am listening to the Estevan-Weyburn game. Charlie Manley is having a good game.
          As good as it is for him, it was a better game for Milos. When he is good, he is very very good. But when he is........

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            IMO Lonnie Clary played a fantastic game tonight. I’ld have no problem leaving him in the lineup.
            What did you think of the game Grant had on defense? My concern is focused on the blue line if we are to win at Harvard.

Comment

What did you think of the game Grant had on defense? My concern is focused on the blue line if we are to win at Harvard.
              I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play on Friday. That hit REALLY should have been 5 and game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                discuss
                Big night tonight leads to a big weekend. Thanks for tonight, Red!
                On to Cambridge, but one day at a time and it starts with first day of practice... the honor the process.

Comment

Proud of this team for not giving up tonight after being down 3-0 after the first. Really wish I could make the trip out to Cambridge next weekend but family obligations deny me from doing so. I agree with fr. joe, one day at a time, one shift at a time. This group of men have been fun to watch this season and lets go shock the league next weekend.
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play on Friday. That hit REALLY should have been 5 and game.
                    I would find the pyschology of punishing someone after we come back and win a huge game that was after 20 minutes for all intents and purposes a total loss and disaster, ludicrous, counter productive, and perhaps bordering on insane. Maybe you would not be surprised but i would be flabbergasted.

Comment

I would find the pyschology of punishing someone after we come back and win a huge game that was after 20 minutes for all intents and purposes a total loss and disaster, ludicrous, counter productive, and perhaps bordering on insane. Maybe you would not be surprised but i would be flabbergasted.
                      The hit was in front of me, clearly from behind into the boards, and I'm shocked the officials only gave him two; may have been a make-up call from when what the Brown player did to Wood was given absolutely zero. To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time they've doled out a suspension after a comeback; recall CCT was behind when they ran over Kasdorf. Also to be fair from the other point of view, the officials reviewed the penalty to determine if it warranted a suspension, which they are allowed to do. But that doesn't mean the league can't look at it after.

Comment

Did not realize you were talking about the league making grant sit. thought you were thinking SA might sit him for that penalty. That is why I reacted as i did. There are teams you can criticize SA but he has never ever liked when our team has NOT played tough and hit hard. We do not want to take unnecessary penalties ever but the slide at the end of the season came during a time when if anything, we were not playing that type of game.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Agree and Brown should have had two 5's. One for the 2 minute boarding and one for the headshot that wasn't called. The refs were horrid.
                          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                            Agree and Brown should have had two 5's. One for the 2 minute boarding and one for the headshot that wasn't called. The refs were horrid.
                            The refs also missed a spear on Bradley after a scrum in front of Kasdorf.
                            And the linesmen were just as bad.

Anyone know what is going on with Nanne. The game started with ARod playing his wing, Then Nanne came in to his normal position but was gone again in the third period.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              The refs also missed a spear on Bradley after a scrum in front of Kasdorf.
                              And the linesmen were just as bad.

Anyone know what is going on with Nanne. The game started with ARod playing his wing, Then Nanne came in to his normal position but was gone again in the third period.
                              I remember Lou taking a big hit along the boards next to the Brown bench. I don’t remember if it was late 1st or early 2nd. He came to the bench in some discomfort & in all honesty I never paid much attention after that.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                              X