ECAC Playoffs: RPI @ Harvard 3/11, 3/12, and maybe 3/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Playoffs: RPI @ Harvard 3/11, 3/12, and maybe 3/13

Rebecca and I will be making the sprint from New Haven to Cambridge to hopefully make puck drop on Friday (and obviously stay through Sunday). I know it seems silly to ask what we should do in Boston, but I've only been once. Any ideas to kill time around the rink on Saturday?
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Sure is a lot of complaining about the referees.

I guess if RPI wants to play games with some good referees, we're just going to have to train those referees ourselves.

Oh, wait - one of the referees last night was a guy who played four years at RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        Rebecca and I will be making the sprint from New Haven to Cambridge to hopefully make puck drop on Friday (and obviously stay through Sunday). I know it seems silly to ask what we should do in Boston, but I've only been once. Any ideas to kill time around the rink on Saturday?
        As you pull into the driveway for the rink and football stadium there is a lot on the left with pay meters, pay until 6 or 7 pm and walk the half mile across the bridge to downtown Cambridge and Harvard Square. You can walk around the University or partake in the many eateries and bars in the area. Also be aware that there is an outside pub at the rink in the Athletic admin building next door, if you get your hand stamped you can purchase beer and wine pre and post game as well as between periods. They had BBQ for sale pre-game the last time I was there. Not sure where you are staying, but take public transit into Boston to avoid outrageous parking charges. A day trip up to Cape anne is a nice way to kill time as well. Faneuil Hall and the surrounding area are fun as well as an early Italian dinner in the north end.
        Last edited by LTsatch; 03-06-2016, 08:11 PM.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play on Friday. That hit REALLY should have been 5 and game.
          Clearly a minor penalty, but no way was it a major, especially with that crew working the game.

Comment

Go walk around Harvard Square.

Comment

If you'd you like to get away, sometimes you gotta go to where everybody knows your name
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                If you'd you like to get away, sometimes you gotta go to where everybody knows your name
                But if they're in RPI gear, are they always glad they came?

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                  Clearly a minor penalty, but no way was it a major, especially with that crew working the game.
                  The hit was right in front of me in 14, and it was to the rear (lizard licks his eyeball ), and into the boards. By textbook definition, that is 5 and game for hitting from behind. That being said, I'll give you that this crew didn't exactly go by the book, and there were a few times where it seemed the game would get out of control.

Comment

Go walk a-round Harvard Square.
                    Impossible......
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

What a game yesterday between Dartmouth and Colgate! Last minute plan to go and boy ever was it a good one. Great hockey game!

Congrats to the Big Green, live to fight another day.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Your explanation is the definition of Boarding. It must be with excessive force to be a major. That hit was perhaps borderline, but in my opinion not worthy of a major.

Comment

Your explanation is the definition of Boarding. It must be with excessive force to be a major. That hit was perhaps borderline, but in my opinion not worthy of a major.
                          In college, there is a very specific category of a check from behind. Heck, it was called in the series (albeit in open ice, so it is of the two minute variety). In the professional ranks, yes it would fall under boarding.

Comment

you're here on a tricky weekend. Weather can make or break your plans. Harvard's Museum of Natural History is a great take on a dismal day. There's the Freedom Trail Pub Crawl, which may leave in a questionable state for puck drop. For something less rowdy than that and your better half may like more, there's a Boston Chocolate Tour, which I've never heard of until recently, but got great reviews.
                            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

For this year and unfortunately the past many, we have had a history of just not being ready to play when we first hit the ice. This has just happened all too often especially int he playoffs. This is one series that we cannot have that happen. The match up is such that if we are not at full speed, full strength and primed even before we step onto the ice, this one could get bad quickly. I honestly think we can beat Harvard on any given night but they are an extremely talented team that if we are not near perfect against, can make us look very bad. Not only is this first game ultra important for us to win, but the first period and especially the first 5-10 minutes may determine the entire series. Not sure who has the ultimate responsibility to make sure they come out fired up (coaches, captains, seniors, or each individual player) but this is a great bunch of kids and a talented team when they put it together. Let's Go Red! I am not ready to pack this season in and we are very much looking forward to a possible trip to Lake Placid to see them on the big sheet of ice.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

One World Sports is part of America One. It actually appears to have some availability on random cable providers.
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ONE_World_Sports

ASN is... well it's a mystery until someone else picks up the broadcast.
                                RPI Class of 2012
                                Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Working...
                                X