Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The B1G's proposal and their defense of it

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Chris Dilks' well thought out blog post on the subject.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...n-age-proposal
    He needs to learn that its doesn't require an apostrophe in order to show ownership. Other than that, I'd agree'.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
      I too would prefer more than six teams, but creating the Big Ten hockey conference was necessary to give incentive to schools like Iowa, Illinois, etc to start up hockey programs. Give it time, more Big Ten schools will get on board eventually. Starting the Big Ten hockey conference was the single most important event in developing the long term growth of the game at the collegiate level.
      You've seriously deluded yourself. The B1G Mistake didn't come about to grow college hockey, it came about to grow the B1G. Traviola doesn't care about the sport, he barely knows what a puck is let alone how to play the game. He's said as much with his 'not a hockey guy' comments that were made public from when the proposal was first made.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

From the USCHO op-ed:
        Since moving into my role with Big Ten hockey this past summer, I have spent much of my time listening to coaches, school administrators and conference commissioners from across the country discuss the current state of college hockey.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2016/03/04/brad...#ixzz41y1nJy63
        Across the country entails coaches, school administrators and conference commissioners is an exhaustive list that starts in Happy Valley and ends in Minneapolis. The conference commissioners includes conferences such as the Big 12, the SEC, the ACC, Mountain West, and the list goes on and on.

ETA: I'd really like to thank USCHO for giving Mr. Traviolia the use of their site as a forum for him to speak his mind on behalf of B1G Hockey. The appalling amount of ignorance and a lack of understanding around what creates delayed enrollment situations is just so much fun!

How long until his bosses realize that he's doing nothing good for them in hockey and move him on to another sport? He' really killing what little credibility he had remaining to his name.
        Last edited by St. Clown; 03-04-2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

This article was in my local paper from the AP last weekend. Mostly just rehashing old information, but worth a read:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...f-ice-37226251
          Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

If you guys want facts, check out my article:
            http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2016...doesnt-hold-up

Full set of data used:
            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

There are currently 23 players who are under 19 years old and 30 players over the age of 25 years old (as of today).
            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-04-2016, 02:49 PM.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Code:
              Age	Now	10/1
              17	0	3
              18	23	43
              19	104	128
              20	263	293
              21	416	357
              22	360	283
              23	265	196
              24	150	74
              25	30	1
              26	0	0
              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-04-2016, 02:54 PM.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                So then what's the NCHC's excuse for forming and trying to kill the CCHA and WCHA? That was in the best interest of hockey too I suppose... How many new programs has the NCHC developed and added to the conference to "grow the game"? I suppose the NCHC is going to add ASU and the existing member schools will pay for ASU's new rink because "that's what's best for the sport?"

Having a new hockey conference has NOTHING to do with getting new schools to start hockey. The lack of a Bi6 hockey conference had NOTHING to do with the lack of college hockey growth. Not having ~$100M to add mens hockey and another womens sport is what limits the growth of college hockey.

It is funny how many people think D-I schools don't have hockey simply because "They never thought of it before" or "they didn't have a conference". Give me a break. Its about lack of money, not lack of desire. Period.

Ryan
                The NCHC was formed by a bunch of small-time schools with a Scrappy Doo mentality. They did it as a knee-jerk reaction to the formation of the Big Ten hockey conference. It was totally uncalled for, killed the CCHA and left the WCHA a shell of its former self. The NCHC schools, in my opinion, represent everything that is wrong with college hockey. And don't even try to say it's no different than the Big Ten schools leaving the CCHA/WCHA. It isn't the same thing because the Big Ten schools were going along with the plan set forth by the conference that they were already existing members of for every other sport. If North Dakota had left the WCHA to join a hypothetical Big Sky hockey conference, that would have been practically the same as what the Big Ten schools did. Abandoning what remained of the WCHA/CCHA to start up a pretentious new conference was low class all the way. Any respect that I once had for those eight schools vanished the day that the NCHC was formed.
                National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

The NCHC was formed by a bunch of small-time schools with a Scrappy Doo mentality. They did it as a knee-jerk reaction to the formation of the Big Ten hockey conference. It was totally uncalled for, killed the CCHA and left the WCHA a shell of its former self. The NCHC schools, in my opinion, represent everything that is wrong with college hockey. And don't even try to say it's no different than the Big Ten schools leaving the CCHA/WCHA. It isn't the same thing because the Big Ten schools were going along with the plan set forth by the conference that they were already existing members of for every other sport. If North Dakota had left the WCHA to join a hypothetical Big Sky hockey conference, that would have been practically the same as what the Big Ten schools did. Abandoning what remained of the WCHA/CCHA to start up a pretentious new conference was low class all the way. Any respect that I once had for those eight schools vanished the day that the NCHC was formed.
                  Fortunately literally no one associated with the NCHC cares who you respect or what you think of our schools. Your irrelevance to us is exceeded only by the irrelevance of your team.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

You have a lot of bad opinions.

Comment

You're the guy that has 3 Michelob Goldens and tells anyone who does or does not want to hear that Barack Obama is a Muslim and that 9/11 was an inside job, probably with either both collars popped or a once white pair of new balance sneaks depending on your age.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Well said and spot on.
                        This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                          Well said and spot on.
                          Excellent! So glad to know I'm not the only one who gets it.
                          National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                          National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Fortunately literally no one associated with the NCHC cares who you respect or what you think of our schools. Your irrelevance to us is exceeded only by the irrelevance of your team.
                            BINGO!!!! We have a winner.

Comment

So nobody associated with the NCHC cares what I think... nobody associated with the Big Ten cares what you think either. So that makes us even, now stop throwing stones from that glass house of yours.

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                The Big Six back doored the rest of college hockey. But it doesn't matter, the proposal is likely to die before it gets to a vote.
                                The solution may be commitments. Some schools have 25 recruits on Heisenberg's list. WHAT? What if they limited the amount of commits to 18 in any 4 year class cohort?

So next year you would have 18 for the years 2017 - 20. If my grandson want to commit to the class of 2035, he can and he'll count in any 4 year cohort that contains 2031 in the arrival year.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X