Brown visits RPI, Friday March 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown visits RPI, Friday March 4th

It's playoffs. Be the tip of the spear. Let's go, Red!

Re: Brown visits RPI, Friday March 4th

2015-16 Thread-Starting Statistics:

Code:
    Ralph Baer         9- 3- 3 21 points  .700
    engineerhockeyfan  4- 2- 0  8 points  .667
    fr joe             1- 4- 2  4 points  .286
    DrDemento          1- 2- 1  3 points  .375
    RPI92              1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cumulative 2003-04 - 2015-16 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    Ralph Baer        53-47-17 123 points  .526
    fr joe            43-51-12  98 points  .462
    engineerhockeyfan 25-26- 5  55 points  .491
    Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .442
    GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
    DrDemento          7-20- 5  19 points  .297
    burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
    Waite21            2- 6- 2   6 points  .300
    jericho            3-10- 0   6 points  .231
    JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 3   3 points  .500
    berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    RPI92              1- 4- 0   2 points  .200
    redrocker          0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
    RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A good day for the Engineers of the Cherry and White to March Forth to a win in game 1.... though skating to victory would be a better fit, eh?
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Brown has given us all we could handle this year. We need to be ready for a fight.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Let's just make Troy and the HFH as inhospitable as we all know it can be when our boys are focused on the prize. Come out strong, show them this is our barn, our town and keep it up for as many minutes as it takes. I ask just one favor, no triple OT game as i am not sure my nerves can take that today (after all it is tax season). Let's Go Red!!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Let's just make Troy and the HFH as inhospitable as we all know it can be when our boys are focused on the prize. Come out strong, show them this is our barn, our town and keep it up for as many minutes as it takes. I ask just one favor, no triple OT game as i am not sure my nerves can take that today (after all it is tax season). Let's Go Red!!!
            So long as a couple of idiot Brown fans don't think they're going to get total respect sitting in the students' section. (see 2010)

Comment

It should be quite a series (though I'm rooting for two RPI blowouts!). In their first meeting, we got off to a 2-0 lead only to be outshot 15-5 in the third period and ended up with a 3-3 tie (will be willing to bet that the replay system will be working tonight). Then, RPI rallied from a 3-0 hole for a 4-3 win the last time these teams played. Let's try to get off to a quick start, get the crowd involved, and keep the play in the offensive zone as much as possible. Let's go RED!!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                Let's try to get off to a quick start, get the crowd involved, and keep the play in the offensive zone as much as possible. Let's go RED!!
                ... and if we are under pressure in the defensive zone, try lofting the puck down ice once in a while, clear the zone while reducing the chances of an icing call....

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Forewarning. Apparently RPI TV is NOT providing a feed for this weekend's LIVE broadcasts on BoxCast. On-demand streams will be available later.

http://rpitv.org/news_updates/28-rpi...live-on-rpi-tv
                  Last edited by sandres316; 03-04-2016, 08:45 AM.
                  RPI Class of 2011
                  RPI TV Sports Manager - 2006-2010

Comment

Originally posted by sandres316 View Post
                    Forewarning. Apparently RPI TV is NOT providing a feed for this weekend's LIVE broadcasts on BoxCast. On-demand streams will be available later.

They raise a good point about the ECAC attempting to make money on RPI-TV's labor and not compensating them. We should take their suggestion about just listening to WRPI. (Since I am cheap, I would have done that anyway. )
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-04-2016, 08:51 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      They raise a good point about the ECAC attempting to make money on RPI-TV's labor and not compensating them. We should take their suggestion about just listening to WRPI. (Since I am cheap, I would have done that anyway. )
                      I hope to do the same. RPI TV does a phenomenal job and surely I had wished they were doing at least this home weekend series. I can understand the ECAC deciding how they do for the Lake Placid games but not these first round home series.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I wonder if it is possible for WRPI to tell how many people are listening to the broadcast of the game, or if it is possible for RPITV to tell how many people view their video of the games once it is posted on the website? If they can then let us know here, we can then send individual emails to info@ecachockey.com and let them know how many of us would have watched their stream had they offered to split the profits with RPITV, so that they can then compare that information to how many viewers they actually did get through BoxCast.

I've learned long ago that five people saying something once has a far greater impact on the listener than one person saying the same thing ten or twenty times.

(I've also used that method to effect organizational change in several places: if I see something that needs to be fixed, I find other people who feel the same way and ask them to speak out once and find others to speak out once, and it has worked. the message got through. Were I to keep speaking out repeatedly, I'd soon get tuned out, and nothing would change.).

Based on this news and this strategy, I'd encourage each one of us NOT to sign up for BoxCast, AND to let info@ecachockey know exactly what we did and why.

While I would not (at this time) make the additional suggestion that ECAC Hockey could also get better quality production at lower costs while generating a number of "feel good" publicity articles by hiring the production teams from member schools that do a good job to broadcast the Lake Placid games, that would make good business sense for them....except that, in NY State, I wouldn't be surprised if ECAC Hockey were forced to employ only a union production crew.
                        Last edited by FreshFish; 03-04-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                          While I would not (at this time) make the additional suggestion that ECAC Hockey could also get better quality production at lower costs while generating a number of "feel good" publicity articles by hiring the production teams from member schools that do a good job to broadcast the Lake Placid games, that would make good business sense for them....except that, in NY State, I wouldn't be surprised if ECAC Hockey were forced to employ only a union production crew.
                          I don't know if laws changed in the intervening 3 years, but in 2013, RPI TV produced a feed for ESPN to cover the ECAC Women's Championships at Cornell.
                          RPI Class of 2011
                          RPI TV Sports Manager - 2006-2010

Comment

preview http://www.capitalregionsportsnet.co...against-brown/
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't know if laws changed in the intervening 3 years, but in 2013, RPI TV produced a feed for ESPN to cover the ECAC Women's Championships at Cornell.
                              Did they charge for that?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X