Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan State: 3/4 & 3/5

Originally posted by burd View Post
    A thought from someone who is probably not welcome here.

Most of us watch what is happening in other rinks over the weekend. For us S . . . Hawks fans, the gophers are a little like that sore tooth or gum: your tongue always wants to go to it even though it hurts. Hawks fans should probably want the gophers to lose out and not make the field, partly out of schadenfreude and partly because they have a lot of talent and are always a dangerous opponent. But just like that sore gum, I think most of us want to go there--to have the gophers make the field and face the Hawks in the regionals, so we can enjoy the pain they are capable of inflicting upon each other.

So go gophs, I guess.
    I'm sure we are touched you care and we'd love to ship your team back to reflect under the lone tree back at home, but no matter what the *** Hawks can choke away any chance weather they face us or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      I'm sure we are touched you care and we'd love to ship your team back to reflect under the lone tree back at home, but no matter what the *** Hawks can choke away any chance weather they face us or not.
      It's not the weather that concerns us.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        (FYP) There! That wasn't so hard.
        I normally wouldn't say that either, however when you are playing sparty I'd rather you win (in a SO) than sparty.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Gophers get the 4-2 W in their best "Puck Luck" game of the season. The Spartans hit three posts, controlled play in the O zone, played very good D and basically outplayed the Gophers for most of the game and still lost. Again tonight Schierhorn gets the star of the game making some stellar stops or this could have ended in a disaster for the Gophers. Gophers looked like they were out of sync all game, but got the bounces including a funky ENG on a clearing pass bounce off the glass. Michigan is losing 6-3 to the Buckeyes.

Comment

GAME HIGHLIGHTS

Comment

So no TV today, eh?
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                Gophers get the 4-2 W in their best "Puck Luck" game of the season. The Spartans hit three posts, controlled play in the O zone, played very good D and basically outplayed the Gophers for most of the game and still lost. Again tonight Schierhorn gets the star of the game making some stellar stops or this could have ended in a disaster for the Gophers. Gophers looked like they were out of sync all game, but got the bounces including a funky ENG on a clearing pass bounce off the glass. Michigan is losing 6-3 to the Buckeyes.
                Pretty much. Although I'd say play was pretty even with the Gophers outshooting MSU in the first and third. Best game by Glover to date.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

I won't say the Gophers didn't get some puck luck, but the those announcers way overplayed the "puck luck" angle.

"The puck gets an unfortunate bounce and Glover sticks it and in. It just sticks around Hildebrand's pads" or if you want to translate it, the Gophers shot the puck low and it went off of Hildebrand's pads in which he failed to cover-up despite being right in front of him, only to have Glover crash the net and no Spartan defender was able to mark him.

The Cammerata goal might have went in even if it didn't hit him and the puck didn't go right to Novak he reached back and made a beautiful snag and buried it.
                  Used RCA television $60
                  Monthly Cable bill $40
                  Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
                  P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

Originally posted by shiftyjedi View Post
                    I won't say the Gophers didn't get some puck luck, but the those announcers way overplayed the "puck luck" angle.

"The puck gets an unfortunate bounce and Glover sticks it and in. It just sticks around Hildebrand's pads" or if you want to translate it, the Gophers shot the puck low and it went off of Hildebrand's pads in which he failed to cover-up despite being right in front of him, only to have Glover crash the net and no Spartan defender was able to mark him.

The Cammerata goal might have went in even if it didn't hit him and the puck didn't go right to Novak he reached back and made a beautiful snag and buried it.
                    Well, when you consider Sparty hit the post and crossbar a total of three times, and goals by Gophers were off the pants, came off a skate, and the ENG went off the glass and in...that's more "puck luck" for the Gophers than we've seen all season. Agreed, the comment on Glover's goal was overplayed.
                    Last edited by SteveO; 03-05-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      So no TV today, eh?
                      I hate the BTN Plus option for a "small" fee even if you have BTN.

Comment

I hate the BTN Plus option for a "small" fee even if you have BTN.
                        I'm still unsure what BTN is going for with the Plus subscription. Who, besides parents, are going to spend $80 bucks (for school) or $120 (for conference) to watch a poorly produced, usually student run, stream of non-revenue sports?
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Not the Gopher's night tonight with a dismal performance in a 5-0 L. Gophers continued to stumble on the PP tonight going 0-5 with only 1 goal in the last 8 games (4% ). Credit the Spartans they were the better team team tonight with 2 PPGs and much more hustle from the puck drop. Hildebrand has picked up his game lately and made some nice saves. Schierhorn was pulled after 3-0. Kautz came in and gave up two more.

Comment

Glad I didn't pay to see that one!

Comment

Welp.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Glad I didn't pay to see that one!
                                And watched a great high school game instead...
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X