F- L Gabel Clarkson
    D- J Pozzebon Clarkson
    D- S Sucharda Princeton
    G- L Selander

Rookie of the Year - C Lund Princeton
    Player of the Year - T Cianfarano Quinnipiac
    Defenseman of the Year - E Ambrose Clarkson
    Coach of the Year - C Turner Quinnipiac
    Last edited by vicb; 02-28-2016, 12:25 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Re: ECAC Awards 2015-2016

I see that Renata Fast (Clarkson) and Picard (Harvard) should be in there somewhere. If Fast were not with Clarkson this year they would have been down a few places in the standing for sure, and if Picard was not with Harvard they probably would have not made the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by clarksoncluck View Post
      I see that Renata Fast (Clarkson) and Picard (Harvard) should be in there somewhere.
      As is often the case, the ECAC has more good players than spots. I like both Amanda Boulier (SLU) and Cyd Roesler (Quinnipiac) a lot, and Lauren Wildfang has been key to what Colgate has accomplished.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I appreciate all the work putting this together. The players you've chosen and the order you've put them in are somewhat statistics oriented. That is also my criticism of ECAC player of the week, month, etc. I don't think these awards are based on anything but how many goals you scored, assists you had, or saves you made. That doesn't tell the whole story.

That leaves out or puts lower rank on players who accumulate slightly less stats but make incredible defensive, special teams and leadership contributions to their teams. I'm fairly certain that if the players had the vote, this list would look a bit different.

Her is just one example of how stats can get in the way of how players would vote: I'm 99% sure that if players could choose the one ECAC goalie they wouldn't want to face in a shoot-out, that would be Selander.

But unless you see all the games, it's hard to pick these things. And how do you see all the games? Most of us can't. The players know though.

And if you are wondering whether my post is "sour grapes". No! My kids had and have no shot at any of these awards! (sorry girls)

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          As is often the case, the ECAC has more good players than spots. I like both Amanda Boulier (SLU) and Cyd Roesler (Quinnipiac) a lot, and Lauren Wildfang has been key to what Colgate has accomplished.
          Exactly, Boulier would most definitely be picked if it was up to the players (can't comment on Roesler - just don't know enough).

Comment

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
            Exactly, Boulier would most definitely be picked if it was up to the players (can't comment on Roesler - just don't know enough).
            II really like Amanda Boulier of SLU. Her passion and all out effort every game when she is on the ice is great. However, I don't know how you can put her in the All League Lineup when she has a +/- of -5 within the league and overall a +/- of -9. I looked at a combination of scoring and +/- when I made my picks.

Selander of RPI is just amazing. I thought Rossman worthy of being 1st team. Certainly has better numbers than Selander but RPI is no Quinnipiac as far as the rest of the team. The Union goalie, Black, is another good Freshman Goalie. If I were to have a 2nd team all rookie she would be on it.

Renata Fast probably should be on the All League line-up but I thought Savannah Harmons overall scoring and +/- were a bit better so I chose her. Guess I could have put Fast in place of someone and then I would have been accused of loading the teams with Clarkson players.

All I was doing was starting the dialog on this. The posts I see I can't argue with. I would like to see some other posters give out a full All Star Lineup.

What do people think about all of the players of the year that I picked?
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
              All I was doing was starting the dialog on this. The posts I see I can't argue with. I would like to see some other posters give out a full All Star Lineup
              No problem with your work and appreciate the opportunity to respond. In fact, thank you for doing it.

Comment

So here are the actual awards

ECAC 1st Team

F- T Cianfarano Quinnipiac
                F- C Lund Princeton
                F- C Mercer Clarkson
                D- K Koelzer Princeton
                D- E Ambrose Clarkson
                G- S Rossman Quinnipiac

ECAC 2nd Team

F- O Howe Clarkson
                F- S Daniels Harvard
                F- M O'Dench Harvard
                D- A Boulier SLU
                D- K Tamberg Quinnipiac
                G- E Maschmayer Harvard

ECAC 3rd Team

F- N Kosta Quinnipiac
                F- E Woods Quinnipiac
                F- L Stacey Dartmouth
                D- M Picard Harvard
                D- R Fast Clarkson
                G- L Selander RPI

ECAC All Rookie

F- M Samoskevich Quinnipiac
                F- C Lund Princeton
                F- L Gabel Clarkson
                D- M Hart Cornell
                D- S Sucharda Princeton
                G- L Selander RPI

Team Sportsmanship - SLU
                Rookie of the Year - C Lund Princeton
                Player of the Year - T Cianfarano Quinnipiac
                Best Forward - T Cianfarano Quinnipiac
                Best Defenseman - K Koelzer Princeton
                Coach of the Year - J Kampersal Princeton
                Mandy Schwartz Student of the Year - K Tamberg Quinnipiac
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                X