Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Playoffs: Brown @ RPI 3/4, 3/5, and maybe 3/6

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Thank you. Now I just have to decide if I want to go on Friday or Saturday.
    I bought a ticket for Saturday to witness the first home series playoff win in a long time. Just doing some rough calculating, it is now impossible to get an NCAA at large bid given there are not enough games left to move up far enough in the PWRs. So getting to Placid and winning is imperative. Just something else to consider - even if the team goes 6-0 in gaining the autobid (it will be in its best possible position in the PWR), that would leave our RPI in the .535 range which might be 16th or 17th. Given the possibility of a number of upsets in other conferences, we might even avoid playing the number one or two seed but we would almost certainly be in the 4th tier. Frankly as I see it there is not much to choose from as far as playing any of the top 4 seeds. But if we were to qualify and be placed in Albany I would be happily purchasing more tickets.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Students are not on spring break this weekend, which is somewhat of a rarity. 2011 was the last time a home playoff series was not during spring break, and it had been a while prior to that.
        RPI Class of 2012
        Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Bumping this to get the packers off the front page

"Go ECAC!" to stay relevant
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

I still have my Student ID card from 1972. Does that get me free pizza?
            "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
              cold pizza -- very cold pizza
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There's a possibility of an RPI TV boycott. Stay tuned to this thread/the game thread before buying.
                  RPI Class of 2012
                  Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                      I still have my freshman beanie. I think that would get me a pizza, but only at the Armory bar.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I still have my freshman beanie. I think that would get me a pizza, but only at the Armory bar.
                        While the Knotty Pine is clearly a townie hangout, I'm sure a late 60's beanie would draw some attention.

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                          There's a possibility of an RPI TV boycott. Stay tuned to this thread/the game thread before buying.
                          why wouldn't the ECAC put out the production for bid to it's member schools and keep the revenue streams in house, so to speak?
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                            While the Knotty Pine is clearly a townie hangout, I'm sure a late 60's beanie would draw some attention.
                            My preference was actually Alberto's on 14th Street. Great Italian food at a quite reasonable price. The best at that time was the Old Daley Inn but alas was too rich for my budget back in the day. Now Alberto's is Minissale’s Wine Cellar Cafe I believe and the Old Daley Inn is a Vet hospital. Glad something still exists after all these years. I do have to admit though to downing a few at the Notty Pine. Just can't remember what or how many.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              I have mine also.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

why wouldn't the ECAC put out the production for bid to it's member schools and keep the revenue streams in house, so to speak?

Cost, contractual obligations and perhaps Ivy League broadcast restrictions because of their pay-per-view network. Also, other than Boston there are not enough big markets and power-conference schools to make the broadcast interesting enough for a broad market.
                                Hockey East has BC, Providence, UConn and Notre Dame. The big 10 has, well, BIG 10 schools. It would be nice for the ECAC to work a season-long deal with Time Warner in NY and let other stations or networks in New England and NJ buy individual games when warranted, but I don't know if that is economically feasible. TW TV seems more interested in putting RIT on 10 times a year and occasionally showing Colgate and Union.

Comment

Working...
                                X