Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King's College starting hockey in 2017-18

http://thetimes-tribune.com/sports/k...ckey-1.2011516

Add another school starting men's and women's hockey in 2017-18.

Looks like the ECAC West just found another school to join in.

Are we getting closer to a MAC Hockey conference on the men's and women's side? Halfway there to the needed 7 for the autobid...

Lebanon Valley
    King's
    Stevenson
    Manhattanville
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: King's College starting hockey in 2017-18

That makes 9. 16 conference game schedule.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      That makes 9. 16 conference game schedule.
      As a SUNYAC fan, I can say that 9 is a bit awkward if you're doing travel partners. Hopefully they get to 10 quickly.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        As a SUNYAC fan, I can say that 9 is a bit awkward if you're doing travel partners. Hopefully they get to 10 quickly.
        So who's the outlier that gets 2 home games against the same team one year and 2 away the next? 1
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          So who's the outlier that gets 2 home games against the same team one year and 2 away the next? 1
          I would guess it would be Manhattanville

Utica-Elmira
          Nazareth - Hobart
          Stevenson - Neumann
          Kings - LV
          Manhattanville

Comment

Anyone see another college in the MAC adding a hockey team? http://www.gomacsports.com/

I am not familiar with any of these colleges.
            Last edited by CornwallAce; 02-25-2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
              Anyone see another college in the MAC adding a hockey team? http://www.gomacsports.com/

The only one I'm familiar with is Messiah with all those NCAA titles in soccer.

Comment

Official release

They're going to be playing at an off-campus rink in Pittston 8 miles from campus. Also not officially announcing a conference.

The Revolution Ice Center appears to be very crowded. Home to an NAHL team, an adult league, an old-timer's league, a middle school, a high school, youth teams, and three non-NCAA college hockey teams (ACHA it looks like): University of Scranton, East Stroudsburg and Bloomsburg.

I'm wondering how well-attended games that far from their campus will be as it's not something I experienced at Plattsburgh. Are there D3 teams that play home games that far from campus?

Also, is this not an awful looking mascot costume?

Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-26-2016, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  Official release

They're going to be playing at an off-campus rink in Pittston 8 miles from campus. Also not officially announcing a conference.

The Revolution Ice Center appears to be very crowded. Home to an NAHL team, an adult league, an old-timer's league, a middle school, a high school, youth teams, and three non-NCAA college hockey teams (ACHA it looks like): University of Scranton, East Stroudsburg and Bloomsburg.

I'm wondering how well-attended games that far from their campus will be as it's not something I experienced at Plattsburgh. Are there D3 teams that play home games that far from campus?

*******http://www.kingscollegeathletics.com...CS.JPG********
                  Elmira plays their home games 15-20 minutes away in Pine Valley, NY.

Skidmore plays their home games off campus by about 5-10 minutes.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post

A quick scan of the Club Hockey pages didn't show any of those schools with club teams registered with the ACHA that I saw.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Elmira plays their home games 15-20 minutes away in Pine Valley, NY.

Skidmore plays their home games off campus by about 5-10 minutes.
                      Fair enough. Can't argue it doesn't work for Elmira given the history of that program.

Comment

Fair enough. Can't argue it doesn't work for Elmira given the history of that program.
                        Well, it has in the past but that's changed. There aren't that many people (500) at most home games and the rink seats 3,200 people.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          A quick scan of the Club Hockey pages didn't show any of those schools with club teams registered with the ACHA that I saw.
                          Alvernia has for awhile now. They play ACHA DIII but the hockey team is part of the athletic department. I'm not sure why they sink money and effort into it- if it's part of the athletic department, counted in title IX, etc... but don't play NCAA hockey. http://athletics.alvernia.edu/index.aspx

Mohegan Sun Arena, home to the AHL's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, is 2 miles from the campus maybe depending on scheduling at the Arena and Rev Ice Center, they could play some games there. Also being even closer to campus could get the students out even more.
                          Last edited by sbkbghockey; 02-26-2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
                            Alvernia has for awhile now. They play ACHA DIII but the hockey team is part of the athletic department. I'm not sure why they sink money and effort into it- if it's part of the athletic department, counted in title IX, etc... but don't play NCAA hockey. [url]http://athletics.alvernia.edu/index.aspx
                            Whoops my bad. Didn't check D3...just 1 and 2.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Kings need Knights
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X