Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Yeah... I'm like the most surprised guy in the world right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Yeah... I'm like the most surprised guy in the world right about now.
      How about now we see some free hockey? Players just trying to make sure everyone gets good value for their tickets.

Comment

I'm sorry - but Jurusick must find a way to win this game. A good goalie would not be giving up goals in this situation. He is just not that good (like the rest of this team)!

Comment

We win the "skills" contest!!!

Nice game by Bucky. Too bad they can't hold a freaking lead.

In a case like this, a tie is a loss.

Comment

Oh yeah and while all shootouts are terrible, NCAA ones are brutal.

Comment

Silver lining:

No pregame for Gopher or Wolverine fans.

Instead, they had to watch two of the worst teams in college hockey.

Comment

As a side...

Gopher attendance looks almost as bad as ours.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                  Players just trying to make sure everyone gets good value for their tickets.
                  Letting the fans see some extra hockey was a seriously classy move by the Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Bisquit View Post
                    I'm sorry - but Jurusick must find a way to win this game. A good goalie would not be giving up goals in this situation. He is just not that good (like the rest of this team)!
                    You can't blame Jurusic, he probably should even be playing college hockey this year. He got a break when oPILLka bolted and got a chance to play college this year. He's the best we have. What sucks is MM whiffed totally on Grunwald and he let OPILLka get away. The kid was committed for at least 2 years, I don't know how you as a coach don't seal the deal on that guy, he was critical to this year. Screwing up on him and Boeser up really torpedoed this season, that and the fact the upper classmen besides snakebit Besse can't score. The nightmare is over in a few weeks, sorry for opening up old recruiting wounds, it just sucks to flush a whole year, again.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      You can't blame Jurusic, he probably should even be playing college hockey this year. He got a break when oPILLka bolted and got a chance to play college this year. He's the best we have. What sucks is MM whiffed totally on Grunwald and he let OPILLka get away. The kid was committed for at least 2 years, I don't know how you as a coach don't seal the deal on that guy, he was critical to this year. Screwing up on him and Boeser up really torpedoed this season, that and the fact the upper classmen besides snakebit Besse can't score. The nightmare is over in a few weeks, sorry for opening up old recruiting wounds, it just sucks to flush a whole year, again.
                      To be fair, no college hockey coach would have sealed the deal on Opilka after he got drafted by St. Louis.

Comment

As a side...

Gopher attendance looks almost as bad as ours.
                        No. It was great to be there.

also, any chance Barry is going to fire Eaves, and coach the last game in the Big Ten tourney himself?
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                          To be fair, no college hockey coach would have sealed the deal on Opilka after he got drafted by St. Louis.
                          They have an example of what at badger goalie can be on their roster, so I sincerely doubt that UW's current/recent form had nothing to do with it.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                            No. It was great to be there.
                            No doubt.

I always love being able to put my feet up on the empty seat in front of me. Luxurious.

Glad you guys can do the same.

Comment

No doubt.

I always love being able to put my feet up on the empty seat in front of me. Luxurious.

Glad you guys can do the same.
                              Nope, my area is almost all long time season tickets holders, and they tend to show up.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                They have an example of what at badger goalie can be on their roster, so I sincerely doubt that UW's current/recent form had nothing to do with it.
                                He would have ended up at Kitchener no matter what school he was committed to, after the Blues drafted him. Al MacInnis is the Senior Advisor to the GM for the Blues. Yes the current situation, most likely made the convincing much easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X