Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
    February 26 and the main topic of discussion here is whether the band shows up for women's games. As much as I hope the band makes it happen, gotta think that tells me everything I need to know about where the men's team is at right now.
    For those going to the women's games this weekend, free parking will be at lots 33 and 45. There's some wrestling crap going on at the KC so lot 91 is not free this weekend. Be sure you DVR the men's game when you go to the women's game. Is there any way the UW and UM women can avoid a semi's matchup in the ncaa's? I think not. I wish there was a forum for women's hockey. That would be so cool.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      For those going to the women's games this weekend, free parking will be at lots 33 and 45. There's some wrestling crap going on at the KC so lot 91 is not free this weekend. Be sure you DVR the men's game when you go to the women's game. Is there any way the UW and UM women can avoid a semi's matchup in the ncaa's? I think not. I wish there was a forum for women's hockey. That would be so cool.
      Excuse my lack of knowledge, but where are lots 33 and 45? I've never parked there before. Won't WIAA wrestling fans be parking there as well?

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
        Excuse my lack of knowledge, but where are lots 33 and 45? I've never parked there before. Won't WIAA wrestling fans be parking there as well?
        Here's a map of Campus parking: http://transportation.wisc.edu/files...ParkingMap.pdf
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
          February 26 and the main topic of discussion here is whether the band shows up for women's games. As much as I hope the band makes it happen, gotta think that tells me everything I need to know about where the men's team is at right now.
          On a similar "this is where the men's team stands in our priorities now" note:

I'm told by my old college friends that the men's basketball coach position was just posted publicly, with applications due fairly soon. In all likelihood, the timing means that they're likely to simply hire Gard as the full-time basketball coach.

And if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, that means fewer distractions from doing what must be done to the men's hockey program.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            On a similar "this is where the men's team stands in our priorities now" note:

I'm told by my old college friends that the men's basketball coach position was just posted publicly, with applications due fairly soon. In all likelihood, the timing means that they're likely to simply hire Gard as the full-time basketball coach.

And if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, that means fewer distractions from doing what must be done to the men's hockey program.
            Potential good news there. Gard has certainly impressed. They're vastly improved from 2 months ago.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Both head coach and assistant coach position posted yesterday with a March 3 application and a March 8 start date. As someone who has used that job board, that timeframe is unheard of. I've seen coaching jobs on that board for over a month. Fairly transparent way to officially hire Gard (and probably Howard Moore) yet stay in state job posting compliance.

Big 10 women's basketball tournament starts next week. I'm guessing that there will be additional job postings starting around Monday, March 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.co...o_Park_Map.pdf

This map might help a little more. Shows which lots are paid and which are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.co...o_Park_Map.pdf

This map might help a little more. Shows which lots are paid and which are free.
                  Good. I mostly have no idea, as I almost always parked at the UW Health ramp and grabbed beers and a burger at Buckingham's before the game. (Mostly beers.)
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

There's also that lot behind LaBahn and the Kohl Center, which doesn't appear on those UW maps. I know people who park there for free for men's games.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      There's also that lot behind LaBahn and the Kohl Center, which doesn't appear on those UW maps. I know people who park there for free for men's games.
                      The one just to the north of the rr tracks?

McGuire is playing D in place of Sexton, who is nicked up.

Comment

UW Badgers twitter account confirms that the band will be at LaBahn, at least for tonight.

Comment

McGuire is playing D in place of Sexton, who is nicked up.
                          Seems like he's always "nicked" up. Have to think his costly turnover last Saturday may have played a role as well.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Just south of the tracks. It connects to that building with the FedEx and Panera, and goes behind Nordic all the way to East Campus Mall, a little south of the tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              Just south of the tracks. It connects to that building with the FedEx and Panera, and goes behind Nordic all the way to East Campus Mall, a little south of the tunnel.
                              They've been charging for that lot for women's games lately, so I switched to Lot 91.

Comment

Malone's goal was pretty sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X