X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    Where else would you expect him to be?

How much money comes in from donors associated with Men's Basketball vs Women's Ice Hockey?

I get that people here aren't generally a fan of BA, but this is a no-brainer that any AD would make.
    I agree with you, but of course you get all fired up. I was just responding to Badger Booster to the point that they might see him in New Hampshire. The question is if BB loses Friday and the women win, will he go to New Hampshire for the championship?
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      I agree with you, but of course you get all fired up. I was just responding to Badger Booster to the point that they might see him in New Hampshire. The question is if BB loses Friday and the women win, will he go to New Hampshire for the championship?
      Yes, I think he would. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Comment

Ultimately, my point was that Alvarez will be out of town this weekend. If I had to guess (and it's only a guess), he'll start in St. Louis and stay there if men's basketball wins on Friday. If they lose, I think he'd head out to New Hampshire, even it was just for Sunday. I quick checked that back in '06, men's basketball played (and lost) on the weekend prior to the Frozen Four.

Now if they both lose on Friday, then it gets interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
          I'll be there. Only missed one conference tourney since 1999. Not expecting much from the Badgers, but I suppose anything is possible. Thinking back, other than the last couple of trips, the Badgers have never played particularly well at the conference tourney.
          What pre game bar do you have in mind?

Comment

5 games, 2 trophies. Let's go RED!

It's a great day for hockey!
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm pathetically conflicted about the Big Ten tourney. I never want the team to lose, but I'm more looking forward to the end of the season and holding my breath to see if we get a new coach than I am excited about possibly squeaking out another win. That's just really freaking sad.

Women's hockey last weekend was SO much fun. I miss being excited for men's games. And caring about bracketology! This time of year is so much more fun when there's seeding scenarios to obsess over - hell, I'd even take crazy bubble scenario obsession at this point. Ugh.

Well, go Badger women, and ??? men!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
                What pre game bar do you have in mind?
                All of them!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Not fired up at all...

Just stating that under normal circumstances it would be a perfectly expected outcome.

I agree with the others who have posted various ideas about what might happen with certain Ws and Ls by the teams playing this weekend. When it is all said and done he may get a few frequent flier miles this weekend.

I still think that no matter what happens with any of the 3 teams being discussed this weekend that an announcement won't come until Monday at the earliest.

Comment

A win today can help solidify the feeling that the Badgers could be pretty good next year, and that is good for the program in terms of personnel. Kunin indicated he would like to return, Frederic could be a big piece next year and he hasn't signed his NLI yet. Winning the tournament is a longshot, so I wouldn't worry too much about the implications. Playing well is important to the future though.

I hope Eaves sends out Seamus Malone to take the opening face off. And Paddy, if he's even in the line up. Need all the Luck o' the Irish we can get.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Whatever scenario leads to a new coaching staff is what I'm backing 1000000%.

In case you all weren't aware😈😈😈
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

If the team plays a complete three periods and doesn't turtle like a typical Eaves team in the 3rd, they have a chance of beating any of the Big Ten teams.

Whether or not they can do that is quite debatable.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

This crowd should seem pretty familiar to the Badgers as the arena is almost empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            This crowd should seem pretty familiar to the Badgers as the arena is almost empty.
                            I bet everyone could fit in the two of the lower bowl sections between the blue lines.

Comment

Apparently, I'm not allowed to tell Eaves that I have Amazon Prime Now and can have "Resignation Letters for Dummies" here by the end of the game for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                                Apparently, I'm not allowed to tell Eaves that I have Amazon Prime Now and can have "Resignation Letters for Dummies" here by the end of the game for him.
                                Well played, sir. Well played.

Comment

Working...
                                X