Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Odds are good that he stays one more year. Maybe two, but I won't get my hopes up. Short of an Opilka situation, it's hard to believe that he'd get yanked out of school immediately.
    I thought he was gone at mid-season and posted so; boy was I wrong. While I did not attend one game, the few games I watched pieces of on TV. wow this kid is really good. I'd love to see him play for the new coach.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      2016 marks the 50th anniversary of the Cinderella Spartans.

Amo Bessone got Michigan State and their losing record into the tournament and all the way up the mountain, demolishing top rated 24-2 Clarkson 6-1 in the final.
      Remember the Badger fans at the Coliseum gettin' on Amo? It was a thunderous, echo in the concrete doughnut. AAAAAAAAAMO, AAAAAAAAMO, AAAAAAAAAMO.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Almost a full day on the UW thread, two days before the conference tournament and no one is talking hockey....sad.

And understandable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuB View Post
          Almost a full day on the UW thread, two days before the conference tournament and no one is talking hockey....sad.

And understandable.
          Anyone plan on making the trip over for the tourney? I will be there all 3 days (I live in the TC). I know last time the tourney was here, there was a badger party at Patrick McGoverns. The band played for about 20 minutes prior to the game. Hoping to see the Badgers get 2 games in...

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post

And understandable.
            Yup.

I listened to the Badger hockey hour tonight, which I always do. I'm sure Brian knew the answer, but he commented to CMJ about all the sell-outs at the women's hockey games. He said the fans have always been there, but paraphrasing, I believe he told CMJ he wasn't sure why they've been especially loud, etc. I'd have to hear it again.

WE all know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
              Anyone plan on making the trip over for the tourney? I will be there all 3 days (I live in the TC). I know last time the tourney was here, there was a badger party at Patrick McGoverns. The band played for about 20 minutes prior to the game. Hoping to see the Badgers get 2 games in...
              I'll be there. Only missed one conference tourney since 1999. Not expecting much from the Badgers, but I suppose anything is possible. Thinking back, other than the last couple of trips, the Badgers have never played particularly well at the conference tourney.

Comment

My eyes just about popped out of my head when I saw Davison is -20. Next worse D is -11 Schulz. Worst F is Soleway - 22, next worse is Wags @ -12. Eddie is a "respectable" -6 with 77 blocks.

So I guess there is a game tomorrow @ 4PM. A couple more wins won't hurt, let's make a little noise boyz.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Just another 29 hours or so until it's all over.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I really don't think it is going to happen the day after.

I would expect that the BTHC offices have been in touch with Alvarez and given him a gentle suggestion of "If there is going to be a coaching change, wait until Monday to announce it. We can't afford to have anything to distract from the tournament".

If the Badgers don't win the whole tournament (they probably won't), and if that prompts the administration to make a change in coaching (it probably will), they would be wise to not **** off the conference administration (I hope they will be). The last thing you want is a new coach playing a schedule full of Thursday/Friday and Saturday/Sunday home weekends his first year...attendance is been down enough without that factoring in.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                      I really don't think it is going to happen the day after.

I would expect that the BTHC offices have been in touch with Alvarez and given him a gentle suggestion of "If there is going to be a coaching change, wait until Monday to announce it. We can't afford to have anything to distract from the tournament".

If the Badgers don't win the whole tournament (they probably won't), and if that prompts the administration to make a change in coaching (it probably will), they would be wise to not **** off the conference administration (I hope they will be). The last thing you want is a new coach playing a schedule full of Thursday/Friday and Saturday/Sunday home weekends his first year...attendance is been down enough without that factoring in.
                      Well, the UW did fire Kelsey during the middle of the Big Ten women's tournament. That said, I don't think anything will happen this week because Alvarez will most probably (hopefully) be in either St. Louis and/or New Hampshire (women's Frozen Four) the whole weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                        Well, the UW did fire Kelsey during the middle of the Big Ten women's tournament. That said, I don't think anything will happen this week because Alvarez will most probably (hopefully) be in either St. Louis and/or New Hampshire (women's Frozen Four) the whole weekend.
                        Funny. I doubt he will be in New Hampshire. We know he doesn't give 2 craps about men's hockey, which used to be a revenue sport, so women's hockey would presumably be even lower....
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          Funny. I doubt he will be in New Hampshire. We know he doesn't give 2 craps about men's hockey, which used to be a revenue sport, so women's hockey would presumably be even lower....
                          FWIW, he was definitely at the title game in '06 at Mariucci against Minnesota. I remember being startled when I walked by him, didn't think he would be there. Also thought he was in Boston for the '09 title, but wasn't there myself for that game or the other title games.

Comment

Beating PSU would be a relatively minor upset given that PSU is 4-8-1 in their last 13 and Wisconsin outplayed them by a good bit for most of the weekend at the KC. At this point most of their edge is going to come from having 14-15 upperclassmen playing against 14-15 underclassmen. If Badger forwards can convert on what is likely to be numerous opportunities early and also backcheck all the way to the net, I'd give them a good chance. Of course neither of those things have been Badger strong points all year. (to put it very mildly) Still, I'd say the outcome of tomorrow's game is in doubt, so it is possible you may have to wait.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                              FWIW, he was definitely at the title game in '06 at Mariucci against Minnesota. I remember being startled when I walked by him, didn't think he would be there. Also thought he was in Boston for the '09 title, but wasn't there myself for that game or the other title games.
                              Between BB and Women's hockey, we know where he will be.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                Between BB and Women's hockey, we know where he will be.
                                Where else would you expect him to be?

How much money comes in from donors associated with Men's Basketball vs Women's Ice Hockey?

I get that people here aren't generally a fan of BA, but this is a no-brainer that any AD would make.

Comment

Working...
                                X