X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    "Sounds like they are serious about making something happen at the Camp."

What like an actual championship or something?
    Finding a coach that wants to stay for more than a few years?

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Hall Of Fame post right there��
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    LOL the "rendered glue" is awesome! You better trademark that one.
    Thanks. I'll take wear those comments as a badge of honor today.
    Last edited by gwhinwi; 02-24-2016, 06:59 PM.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Finding a coach that wants to stay for more than a few years?
      Ha!

In all seriousness, Chryst will stick around. If he bolts, then we KNOW that Barry is toxic.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Even the thought of potential renovations at Camp Randall will distract BA's focus from finding new coaches in MHockey and (probably) WBB and deciding if Gard is the man for MBB.

Can this guy multi-task at all? Can he even single task? Sorry, I'm tired and grumpy.....

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
          Not hockey related, but an interesting development from UW Athletics...

I got this e-mail just a few moments ago:
          Dear Wisconsin Athletics Supporter,

Thank you for your feedback through the Camp Randall Renovation Survey! Wisconsin Athletics is excited to announce the next step towards a potential renovation to Camp Randall Stadium. We will be conducting focus group sessions. Your participation in these focus groups will provide us with vital information to assist us in providing the best experience possible for supporters and fans like you. As a valued constituent of the department, we are appreciative of your interest in this project.

Please note that this invitation is on a first-come, first-served basis. The athletic department will be providing meals and a complimentary gift for all participants as a token of our appreciation.

To have an opportunity to take part in the focus group session, please click on the following link:
          RSVP HERE

I opened the e-mail on my phone, saw that you need to fill out a form, and went to fill out the form from my desktop at work. By the time I opened the e-mail on my desktop and clicked on the link the even was already full.

This is a follow-up to a survey I got a month or so ago asking about potential upgrades to Camp Randall, with more clubs/suites and some special spaces with outdoor seating.

Sounds like they are serious about making something happen at the Camp.
          Apparently I have sent too many negative emails and don't donate enough, as I got the original survey but not this...

They will be getting even less money if eaves is retained.....as I won't renew.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Here is another interesting distraction...

The Badger Band just tweeted out that they will be at an Admiral's game sometime soon and will do an on-ice 5th quarter (which would really be a 4th period, but that isn't the point).

Had the band ever done anything like that at Badger games?
            I don't recall anything beyond Varsity.

While we are on the topic of the band, this happened at my office the other day. Our company owner is a huge UW supporter and a VB ticket holder. He arranged a special event when we had people from tOSU visit for product training.
            [Html]https://youtu.be/eAFrgk_UuZ4[/HTML]

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
              Here is another interesting distraction...

The Badger Band just tweeted out that they will be at an Admiral's game sometime soon and will do an on-ice 5th quarter (which would really be a 4th period, but that isn't the point).

Had the band ever done anything like that at Badger games?
              I don't recall anything beyond Varsity.

While we are on the topic of the band, this happened at my office the other day. Our company owner is a huge UW supporter and a VB ticket holder. He arranged a special event when we had people from tOSU visit for product training.
              [Html]https://youtu.be/eAFrgk_UuZ4[/HTML]
              That's been an annual thing for a while now, but they've never done a 4th period at the Kohl Center to the best of my knowledge. It's a real shame that this is the second straight year that they've scheduled the Admirals trip on the same day as a UW women's hockey game. I went two years ago and had a blast.

Comment

"Sounds like they are serious about making something happen at the Camp."

What like an actual championship or something?
                How about getting some real teams on the home schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  That's been an annual thing for a while now, but they've never done a 4th period at the Kohl Center to the best of my knowledge. It's a real shame that this is the second straight year that they've scheduled the Admirals trip on the same day as a UW women's hockey game. I went two years ago and had a blast.
                  Historically the band has been at the first round women's games even when out at Verona or Middleton back in the day. I'm not going to be amused if they are at an Admirals game in lieu of a Badger playoff game right on campus.

Comment

[QUOTE=WiscDC;6280931 It's a real shame that this is the second straight year that they've scheduled the Admirals trip on the same day as a UW women's hockey game. I went two years ago and had a blast.[/QUOTE]

The Band did tweet to me after I questioned them that they'd be at Labahn this weekend, they did not say for how many/which days.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

There's no way they won't also have people at the WCHA playoff game as well. Only a smallish chunk of the band goes to Milwaukee.

Comment

Yeah, they split the band up quite a bit.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Yeah, they split the band up quite a bit.
                          Which is why it was so frustrating that they almost never showed up to any women's regular season games prior to this year. Fortunately, they have been at LaBahn for most games this season and is a welcome addition, at least for this fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                            Which is why it was so frustrating that they almost never showed up to any women's regular season games prior to this year. Fortunately, they have been at LaBahn for most games this season and is a welcome addition, at least for this fan.
                            I second that motion.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

February 26 and the main topic of discussion here is whether the band shows up for women's games. As much as I hope the band makes it happen, gotta think that tells me everything I need to know about where the men's team is at right now.
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                                February 26 and the main topic of discussion here is whether the band shows up for women's games. As much as I hope the band makes it happen, gotta think that tells me everything I need to know about where the men's team is at right now.
                                "And there ladies and gentlemen is your early leader in the clubhouse for 'observation of the day' honors".

Well said, XYZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X