• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
    Im a die hard badger hockey fan and yes I do think we can win 3 in a row
    I think they can too.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

With all this confidence that they can win three in row, something that I think that would secure MM's job, I have to hope it doesn't happen.

And despite this confidence from others here, the realist (or Negativity Nancy - depending on how you look at it) in me believe things will end on Thursday night.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Win 3 consecutive games? There is no evidence this team is capable of that. When is the last time Wisconsin won 3 straight?
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Win 3 consecutive games? There is no evidence this team is capable of that. When is the last time Wisconsin won 3 straight?
          2 wins vs ASU, next Friday night win vs NoDak.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            When is the last time that the Badgers lost at "The X"?

I believe that I saw something along the lines of 8 straight wins there, with the last loss coming in 2010.

None of the players on this team have ever lost an NCAA game at the Excel Energy Center.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              You trying to make us feel better or worse? (all games from this season!)

Fri. Oct. 30 7:00 CT 5 Arizona State 1 W
              Sat. Oct. 31 7:00 CT 2 Arizona State 1 W
              Fri. Nov. 6 7:30 CT 3 @ (1) North Dakota 1 W

Then there are these multi game winning streaks......

Sat. Dec. 12 2:30 ET 3 @ Michigan State 0 W
              Fri. Jan. 1 2:00 CT 1 Trinity Western 0 W

Fri. Jan. 29 7:00 CT 4 Alaska 3 W
              Sat. Jan. 30 7:00 CT 5 Alaska 2 W

Sat. Mar. 5 7:00 CT 4 (14) Penn State 3 W
              Fri. Mar. 11 7:00 CT 4 @ (19) Minnesota 3 W
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Interesting side note. All season.....a first (non shoot out) win was followed by a second win. So we have that going for us.......
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                  2 wins vs ASU, next Friday night win vs NoDak.
                  Oh yeah. I still don't see them winning more than one in the b10 tourney if they even get one.

I'm looking forward to new leadership next year

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

I believe that I saw something along the lines of 8 straight wins there, with the last loss coming in 2010.

None of the players on this team have ever lost an NCAA game at the Excel Energy Center.
                    That's an incredible stat

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

Amazing! And some people want MM fired. Ridiculous I say. Ridiculous!
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Kunin on Big Ten All-Freshman team. Congrats Luke!
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                          Kunin on Big Ten All-Freshman team. Congrats Luke!
                          Hopefully he'll stick around for another year or two regardless of what pans out with the coaching situation. He has been fun to watch in an otherwise dreadful year.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                            Hopefully he'll stick around for another year or two regardless of what pans out with the coaching situation. He has been fun to watch in an otherwise dreadful year.
                            Odds are good that he stays one more year. Maybe two, but I won't get my hopes up. Short of an Opilka situation, it's hard to believe that he'd get yanked out of school immediately.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

I want to say it was the semi final game vs St Cloud at the 2010 Final Five.

(Followed by a W in the 3rd place game, 2 Ws for the 2010 NCAA West regional, 3 Ws at the 2013 Final Five, and 2 Ws at the 2014 B1G Tourney)

Comment

2016 marks the 50th anniversary of the Cinderella Spartans.

Amo Bessone got Michigan State and their losing record into the tournament and all the way up the mountain, demolishing top rated 24-2 Clarkson 6-1 in the final.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X