Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Something strange is happening with the badger men’s hockey team, they are playing exciting hockey. It has been two years since I have been able to make that statement. They are fun to watch.

Kunin and Besse are leading a more wide open offense, unusual for Eave’s dump and chase strategy. All 4 lines are playing with energy and skill. Kunin is the best hockey player we have had in a long time, he is going to have a long run in the NHL. We can only hope Kunin and Besse will return next year.

The defense needs more improvement even though Schulze and Wittchow have made a big upturn from last years dismal +/- ratings. Davison sits at the bottom of those rankings for BiG defensemen. He is a conundrum, excels at quarterbacking the PP, has great hands and instincts in the offensive zone. As good as he is offensively he is terrible in the D zone. A soft, slow footed, turnover machine who looks like a human pylon against upper level forwards. He might make a better forward.

Comment

Nice win for the boys. I'm sure the players are amping up their game for the new coach. Let's face it, these remaining games are job interviews for the employees.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
        Why is winning a huge game a. bad thing? I really wonder what the players think of our fans when they read something like this. Time for people to grow up just a little. It was a great win for the badgers and I hope they have a few more of them to go this year. Lets start winning and big and lets start right now.
        Because it has the possibility of helping Eaves keep his job. While I am happy they won on one hand beating the goofs, I hope it doesn't save Eaves job...
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Because it has the possibility of helping Eaves keep his job. While I am happy they won on one hand beating the goofs, I hope it doesn't save Eaves job...
          I agree! I've never felt so conflicted in watching a UW hockey game as I was last night. I was certainly not cheering against Bucky, but I didn't let out a scream when we scored (like usual). I was an interested observer in the game. I wanted UW to win, but I was nervous as to what a good result could mean for the future.

Comment

Soleway suspended for a game.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
              Why is winning a huge game a. bad thing? I really wonder what the players think of our fans when they read something like this. Time for people to grow up just a little. It was a great win for the badgers and I hope they have a few more of them to go this year. Lets start winning and big and lets start right now.
              The problem here is that your premise is flawed. That was not a "huge" game. It was a throwaway game that happened near the end of another season that is going nowhere. Wisconsin hasn't played a "huge" game in a few years, at least. Supporting any course of action (at this point) that perpetuates this is anything but childish. If anything, what's childish is some fan waiting around all year to act as if a win over the Goofs when you're 27 points behind them in the league standings is a big deal. The fact that win can even remotely be considered "huge"...is the entire problem.
              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Soleway suspended for a game.

I thought I read that that was the 5th time in the last 6 games vs MN that a Wisconsin player was suspended.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Hey..........where's that countdown clock thingy?

Thank you, Innova!
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

And then, there was one....(probable games left)........

Comment

Not that anyone should get excited, but I'd have to say that PSU, then Michigan who is already in the NCAA's, is the best route the Badgers could have hoped for to the B1G championship. I think of the five teams, the Badgers just matchup much better with them then they do the other three. So there's that.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Not that anyone should get excited, but I'd have to say that PSU, then Michigan who is already in the NCAA's, is the best route the Badgers could have hoped for to the B1G championship. I think of the five teams, the Badgers just matchup much better with them then they do the other three. So there's that.
                        You can't possibly think they can win three in a row this weekend.....
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Our season-long quest to secure last place and the coveted 6th seed has finally come to fruition. They'll never see it coming when we win 3 games in a row!
                          Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                          sigpic
                          Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                          1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            They can, theoretically.

Many things are theoretically possible that are exceedingly improbable.

Comment

I think that's why he started with "Not that anyone should get excited..."

Comment

Im a die hard badger hockey fan and yes I do think we can win 3 in a row

Comment

Working...
                                X