Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Wow. Badgers saved from a catastrophic collapse in the last minute by a goal overturned by an offsides call. Unreal finish.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Wow. Badgers saved from a catastrophic collapse in the last minute by a goal overturned by an offsides call. Unreal finish.
      Karma after a bull offsides call on Kunin.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        Have you never watched an Eaves led team play with a lead in the 3rd? It was a totally predicable collapse.

Comment

This team's defenders are so awful. So glad Linhart was guarding the crease for the gophers 3rd goal. Or Davison watching the puck and not guarding the cross ice pass for the gophers 2nd goal. Who is in charge of the defenders?

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
            Have you never watched an Eaves led team play with a lead in the 3rd? It was a totally predicable collapse.
            Sadly, I now long for the days in the mid-to-late 00's where they played for a tie in every OT game at this point.

I'm still waiting for the GIF to be created that shows Eaves fiddling while the Kohl Center burns.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Yep agree 100%.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

But the end result---putting a "L" on the gophers. Now that's a good thing.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  At this point it might be the worst possible thing that could have happened.
                  I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                    Karma after a bull offsides call on Kunin.
                    Totally agree. I tuned into your game with :59 seconds remaining. That was entertaining to say the least. That offsides call was complete horse-poop. I'm so glad you won last night, now do it again Saturday. That would be awesome! And of course the commentator on ESPN news was a former goopher who didn't know a thing.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Why is winning a huge game a. bad thing? I really wonder what the players think of our fans when they read something like this. Time for people to grow up just a little. It was a great win for the badgers and I hope they have a few more of them to go this year. Lets start winning and big and lets start right now.

Comment

To be fair, the talented teams were able to close out games, they just had issues winning in OT. This year's team is 100% predictable that they will so readily give up the lead. I have never seen a team like this year's team in regards to this ever at any level. This team also has the uncanny ability to score late in periods.

UW doubled the win total from last year with a scant 2 games to go. Do I see double digit wins in UW's future?
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Last night's games showed the highs and lows of being a Badger hockey fan. Hadn't necessarily planned on watching the game, but with Badger BB getting dumped early in the Big Ten tourney, I didn't really wanted to watch any more basketball. Plus, it's still Badgers-Gophers hockey.

Not sure why they couldn't do it in Madison against Minnesota, but the Badgers actually came out with some effort and looked like they cared. The goals scored/created by Kunin and Besse (plus the one they got hosed on) showed the top line is a legit threat. Plus, for most of the game, Jurusik played a solid game (along with the help of the post and crossbar).

The end of course was a near debacle. Though if Besse's pass to Kunin was ruled on-sides, it's 5-2 and the drama would have been over. It's hard to comprehend that a program that's prided itself on goaltending and defense over the recent years is such a mess playing with a lead. I swear I heard on the broadcast that they've had a 3rd period lead in 26 out of 32 games (now 27/33). To only have 8 wins to show for it is inconceivable & unacceptable.

In the end, there is nothing better than watching the Badgers beat the Gophers in Mariucci Arena no matter what it means with the bigger picture. Administration has probably made up their mind one way or another with the future of this coaching staff. So I can watch these games in a vacuum, just wanting the Badgers to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
                            Why is winning a huge game a. bad thing? I really wonder what the players think of our fans when they read something like this. Time for people to grow up just a little. It was a great win for the badgers and I hope they have a few more of them to go this year. Lets start winning and big and lets start right now.
                            Winning is good for THIS team and these players. if late wins convince the athletic department to keep Eaves around, it could be very bad for the program as a whole.

Because if Eaves stays as coach, I am done as a UW fan.

Comment

Winning is good for THIS team and these players. if late wins convince the athletic department to keep Eaves around, it could be very bad for the program as a whole.

Because if Eaves stays as coach, I am done as a UW fan.
                              I think they need to make a frozen four run for Eaves to keep kept at this point. That is not going to happen, so it is safe to be happy for the team on a nice win last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post

If Eaves stays as coach, I am done as a UW fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X