Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    No I wouldn't. I don't rip other teams or fans in their threads.

despite my hatred for all things gophers I wouldn't pop in to your threads to instigate or kick the team when they're down
    OK. It isn't going to happen, so you will never have to worry about that temptation. UW has had one of the hardest falls in college hockey history, and it has been interesting to watch. I can't stand Barry, so I figure UW deserves it. also, UW played pure goon hockey last series, so I am worried if UW is going to keep taking major penalties and trying to hurt Novak like last time.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Really hope Eaves gets fired right after the season ends so we can rebuild to a top team in the nation. Can't see that ever happening again under Eaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
        OK. It isn't going to happen, so you will never have to worry about that temptation. UW has had one of the hardest falls in college hockey history, and it has been interesting to watch. I can't stand Barry, so I figure UW deserves it. also, UW played pure goon hockey last series, so I am worried if UW is going to keep taking major penalties and trying to hurt Novak like last time.
        You're entitled to that opinion about Barry and you know many of us in Badgerland share your sentiments in that regard.

The conduct of the Wisconsin players vs Minnesota a few weeks back was deplorable at best. Eaves should have benched 2-3 guys for multiple games to get it though their heads that type of play is unacceptable.

it's such a shame Wisconsin has fallen far but more shameful is the powers that be just watched it happen over the last several years and failed to act
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

You're entitled to that opinion about Barry and you know many of us in Badgerland share your sentiments in that regard.

The conduct of the Wisconsin players vs Minnesota a few weeks back was deplorable at best. Eaves should have benched 2-3 guys for multiple games to get it though their heads that type of play is unacceptable.

it's such a shame Wisconsin has fallen far but more shameful is the powers that be just watched it happen over the last several years and failed to act
          I was just stunned by it. I know you lost your great 2014 defense, and then some great recruits bolted, but wow was the cupboard left empty. Any chance Kunin wants to come play for MN?

Comment

I was just stunned by it. I know you lost your great 2014 defense, and then some great recruits bolted, but wow was the cupboard left empty. Any chance Kunin wants to come play for MN?
            I feel terrible for Kunin and Besse. They could not have known the depths to which their team would sink but the flipside is they must have good character (especially Besse) as they could have pulled a Ford and left prior to season's end but they're still fighting.

I haven't seen many MN games this year but I'd imagine one or both of Kunin or Besse would put em closer to Michigan and winning the league

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

I feel terrible for Kunin and Besse. They could not have known the depths to which their team would sink but the flipside is they must have good character (especially Besse) as they could have pulled a Ford and left prior to season's end but they're still fighting.

I haven't seen many MN games this year but I'd imagine one or both of Kunin or Besse would put em closer to Michigan and winning the league

I am really starting to feel that if your team recruits possible NHL talent, learning how to handle the early departures is the most important aspect to winning.

Comment

I am really starting to feel that if your team recruits possible NHL talent, learning how to handle the early departures is the most important aspect to winning.
                That's a major aspect to eaves' undoing. He just hasn't shown ability to adapt and/or plan ahead.

He swings from one extreme to another. 2-3 kids leave early then he over recruits 4-year grinders then realizes he's got no snipers and tries to compensate with be or two blue chippers but that's not enough

Over time Lucia, Gwozdecky, York, Berenson, Blaise, and a few others have shown how to get get through times where you lose a couple of guys unexpectedly. Eaves was too myopic maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                  wont play for minnechoka but you can almost bet the farm he will be nhl bound at seasons end

Comment

He is not ready to step into the NHL next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      He is not ready to step into the NHL next year.
                      Quite a few who bolt early aren't, but that's what the AHL is for.

See: Turris, Kyle
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

I think both Kunin and Besse are 50/50 on coming back. I believe it all depends on who drafts Kunin, he definitely won't be in the NHL next year. Hoping whoever the new coach is can sway these guys on 1 more year.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

A third overall draft pick that played 63 games in the NHL right out of college. I was also responding to the guy that said NHL bound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
                            Q. Was the learning, that they somehow survived that third period, or was it learning that this wasn't quite good enough, we've got to do it differently in order to survive in more cases?
                            COACH EAVES: It was interesting watching the game yesterday at home. I kept writing "SL" down, "SL" "SL", story line, what's the story line here? In terms of things that we were doing in the third period, that weren't the things we talked about or diagrammed, and until you're in that situation and you live it, you have to walk through it and step on the coals do you find out how really hot it is. So we'll look at those story lines here. We won't look at the whole third period but there was definitely themes that we can do better, and we will be better at because of this week and the experience that we had on Saturday.

Wow.....just....WOW
                            He has no idea what to do, and even less idea what to say to cover up the fact he has no idea what to do. He's completely lost. It's that simple.
                            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
                              I think both Kunin and Besse are 50/50 on coming back. I believe it all depends on who drafts Kunin, he definitely won't be in the NHL next year. Hoping whoever the new coach is can sway these guys on 1 more year.
                              Some teams would want to yank him out of college.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                                Yea, makes you wonder what is actually going through his head.
                                Here's food for thought...MM fires Walsh and Shuchuk, they take the fall last spring. It sure looks to me like the new coaches aren't doing a whole lot better, and are benefiting pretty much from Kunin and Malone (guys recruited by Shuchuk), so to the powers that be this should indicate to them MM is the problem, and it wasn't the assistants.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X