PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

gwhinwi
03-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Wow. Badgers saved from a catastrophic collapse in the last minute by a goal overturned by an offsides call. Unreal finish.

UWisco
03-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Wow. Badgers saved from a catastrophic collapse in the last minute by a goal overturned by an offsides call. Unreal finish.

Karma after a bull offsides call on Kunin.

Almington
03-11-2016, 09:46 PM

Have you never watched an Eaves led team play with a lead in the 3rd? It was a totally predicable collapse.

IndianaBadger1995
03-11-2016, 09:50 PM
This team's defenders are so awful. So glad Linhart was guarding the crease for the gophers 3rd goal. Or Davison watching the puck and not guarding the cross ice pass for the gophers 2nd goal. Who is in charge of the defenders?

gwhinwi
03-11-2016, 10:57 PM
Have you never watched an Eaves led team play with a lead in the 3rd? It was a totally predicable collapse.

Sadly, I now long for the days in the mid-to-late 00's where they played for a tie in every OT game at this point.

I'm still waiting for the GIF to be created that shows Eaves fiddling while the Kohl Center burns.

WiscTJK
03-11-2016, 11:14 PM

Yep agree 100%.

vizoroo
03-11-2016, 11:49 PM
But the end result---putting a "L" on the gophers. Now that's a good thing.

XYZ
03-12-2016, 03:51 AM

At this point it might be the worst possible thing that could have happened.

UMICH
03-12-2016, 04:24 AM
Karma after a bull offsides call on Kunin.

Totally agree. I tuned into your game with :59 seconds remaining. That was entertaining to say the least. That offsides call was complete horse-poop. I'm so glad you won last night, now do it again Saturday. That would be awesome! And of course the commentator on ESPN news was a former goopher who didn't know a thing.

DoorCtyBadger
03-12-2016, 06:34 AM

Why is winning a huge game a. bad thing? I really wonder what the players think of our fans when they read something like this. Time for people to grow up just a little. It was a great win for the badgers and I hope they have a few more of them to go this year. Lets start winning and big and lets start right now.

Timothy A
03-12-2016, 06:35 AM

To be fair, the talented teams were able to close out games, they just had issues winning in OT. This year's team is 100% predictable that they will so readily give up the lead. I have never seen a team like this year's team in regards to this ever at any level. This team also has the uncanny ability to score late in periods.

UW doubled the win total from last year with a scant 2 games to go. Do I see double digit wins in UW's future?

Badger Booster
03-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Last night's games showed the highs and lows of being a Badger hockey fan. Hadn't necessarily planned on watching the game, but with Badger BB getting dumped early in the Big Ten tourney, I didn't really wanted to watch any more basketball. Plus, it's still Badgers-Gophers hockey.

Not sure why they couldn't do it in Madison against Minnesota, but the Badgers actually came out with some effort and looked like they cared. The goals scored/created by Kunin and Besse (plus the one they got hosed on) showed the top line is a legit threat. Plus, for most of the game, Jurusik played a solid game (along with the help of the post and crossbar).

The end of course was a near debacle. Though if Besse's pass to Kunin was ruled on-sides, it's 5-2 and the drama would have been over. It's hard to comprehend that a program that's prided itself on goaltending and defense over the recent years is such a mess playing with a lead. I swear I heard on the broadcast that they've had a 3rd period lead in 26 out of 32 games (now 27/33). To only have 8 wins to show for it is inconceivable & unacceptable.

In the end, there is nothing better than watching the Badgers beat the Gophers in Mariucci Arena no matter what it means with the bigger picture. Administration has probably made up their mind one way or another with the future of this coaching staff. So I can watch these games in a vacuum, just wanting the Badgers to win.

Almington
03-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Why is winning a huge game a. bad thing? I really wonder what the players think of our fans when they read something like this. Time for people to grow up just a little. It was a great win for the badgers and I hope they have a few more of them to go this year. Lets start winning and big and lets start right now.

Winning is good for THIS team and these players. if late wins convince the athletic department to keep Eaves around, it could be very bad for the program as a whole.

Because if Eaves stays as coach, I am done as a UW fan.

bucky15
03-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Winning is good for THIS team and these players. if late wins convince the athletic department to keep Eaves around, it could be very bad for the program as a whole.

Because if Eaves stays as coach, I am done as a UW fan.

I think they need to make a frozen four run for Eaves to keep kept at this point. That is not going to happen, so it is safe to be happy for the team on a nice win last night.

Almington
03-12-2016, 09:51 AM

If Eaves stays as coach, I am done as a UW fan.

oldicecoach
03-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Something strange is happening with the badger menís hockey team, they are playing exciting hockey. It has been two years since I have been able to make that statement. They are fun to watch.

Kunin and Besse are leading a more wide open offense, unusual for Eaveís dump and chase strategy. All 4 lines are playing with energy and skill. Kunin is the best hockey player we have had in a long time, he is going to have a long run in the NHL. We can only hope Kunin and Besse will return next year.

The defense needs more improvement even though Schulze and Wittchow have made a big upturn from last years dismal +/- ratings. Davison sits at the bottom of those rankings for BiG defensemen. He is a conundrum, excels at quarterbacking the PP, has great hands and instincts in the offensive zone. As good as he is offensively he is terrible in the D zone. A soft, slow footed, turnover machine who looks like a human pylon against upper level forwards. He might make a better forward.

MadCityRich
03-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Nice win for the boys. I'm sure the players are amping up their game for the new coach. Let's face it, these remaining games are job interviews for the employees.

WiscTJK
03-12-2016, 11:26 AM

Because it has the possibility of helping Eaves keep his job. While I am happy they won on one hand beating the goofs, I hope it doesn't save Eaves job...

BuB
03-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Because it has the possibility of helping Eaves keep his job. While I am happy they won on one hand beating the goofs, I hope it doesn't save Eaves job...

I agree! I've never felt so conflicted in watching a UW hockey game as I was last night. I was certainly not cheering against Bucky, but I didn't let out a scream when we scored (like usual). I was an interested observer in the game. I wanted UW to win, but I was nervous as to what a good result could mean for the future.

The Rube
03-12-2016, 04:53 PM
Soleway suspended for a game.